Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: We got the win, but...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: We got the win, but...

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Well, yes, a lot of guys did cramp up during the game. But going into the game, the roster was healthier. Point is, people on here don't seem to be taking the Fish and Jets seriously even though they already beat us.
    Not really sure who isn't taking them seriously. Are you equating a Bills message board fan with Josh Allen and the rest of the team?

I can tell you that the BILLS will be taking them seriously and will want to avenge their losses.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,286 Times in 13,719 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lexwhat View Post
    1 - Of course I noticed that the Jets/Dolphins beat us. Likewise, in case YOU didn't notice, we beat the Chiefs / Ravens / Titans. That's mostly all irrelevant now. I'm looking forward, not backwards. Let the upcoming Jets and Dolphins games play out, and the rest of the season play out, is all I'm saying. We are getting healthier and we will see what this team is made of.

2 - I don't want to talk about last year. I also don't want to talk about how the Chiefs choked against the Bengals on their home turf. Last year is over and done with.

3/5 - Despite several wins, we haven't been that good since the Bye. Agree. As I said before, the CHIEFS have had a lot of their own bad games this season too. You saw the box scores / maybe read some articles. I watched their games.

4 - Yes, the Chiefs are the gold standard. Mahomes and Reid are the gold standard too, not Allen and McDermott. That's reality. Do you expect Allen to kneel and kiss Reid's ring?? The Bills should focus on their own schedule and making improvements over the last 5 games.

6 - Again, you make circular hypocritical arguments. The Dolphins beat us, and we beat the Chiefs. Both are bygones. The season is ongoing, and if we have to be the number 1 seed, or the number 2 seed, or the Wild Card, then so be it.
    I understand what you are saying about the circular arguments, but it's more about how the Bills are playing now than what happened before. If the Bills and Chiefs could have played a rematch in October, I probably would have thought the Bills would win. When the Bills lost to the Dolphins back in Sept, I was fairly confident that we would win the rematch because it was a close game and we had to deal with the heat, which won't be a problem in Buffalo in December. And the team had played extremely well outside of that game. But, then the last 6 weeks happened. We're playing teams not nearly as good as the Chiefs, but still looking worse than we did when we played them.

Do you honestly think we'd beat KC if we play them the same way we played GB, NJB, Detroit, Cleveland or Minny? I know, that's the past and you don't want to hear about the past, but we can't see into the future and the past is the only indicator of performance that we have, and with the exception of NE, the recent performance is not encouraging.

Do the top teams in the conference also have some games where they didn't perform well? Sure, but we can't count on them putting up a dud against us because it's the exception, not the rule. For us, poor performances are becoming the rule. Remember, we're talking about 5 straight weeks, and 5 of 6 since the bye, not 1 or 2 bad games over the course of 3 months. The consistent poor performances are why I don't this team is a true contender.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,893 Times in 4,353 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well, yes, a lot of guys did cramp up during the game. But going into the game, the roster was healthier. Point is, people on here don't seem to be taking the Fish and Jets seriously even though they already beat us.
    Healthy except for these players being out due to injuries...WR Khalil Shakir
    C Mitch Morse
    DT Jordan Phillips
    S Jordan Poyer
    TE Tommy Sweeney
    CB Dane Jackson
    DT ED Oliver.

Not to mention Davis still with an ankle injury and Knox with a foot injury.

Let's get one thing straight. They had more points at the end of the game but the Bills beat themselves in all 3 losses.
    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 12-02-2022 at 06:49 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Healthy except for these players being out due to injuries...WR Khalil Shakir
    C Mitch Morse
    DT Jordan Phillips
    S Jordan Poyer
    TE Tommy Sweeney
    CB Dane Jackson
    DT ED Oliver.

Not to mention Davis still with an ankle injury and Knox with a foot injury.

Let's get one thing straight. They had more points at the end of the game but the Bills beat themselves in all 3 losses.
    Fair enough, I was wrong about being healthy for the first Dolphins game.

And once again, I ask you: what makes you think the Bills are going to suddenly stop beating themselves, especially given how poorly they've performed since the bye?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I understand what you are saying about the circular arguments, but it's more about how the Bills are playing now than what happened before. If the Bills and Chiefs could have played a rematch in October, I probably would have thought the Bills would win. When the Bills lost to the Dolphins back in Sept, I was fairly confident that we would win the rematch because it was a close game and we had to deal with the heat, which won't be a problem in Buffalo in December. And the team had played extremely well outside of that game. But, then the last 6 weeks happened. We're playing teams not nearly as good as the Chiefs, but still looking worse than we did when we played them.

Do you honestly think we'd beat KC if we play them the same way we played GB, NJB, Detroit, Cleveland or Minny? I know, that's the past and you don't want to hear about the past, but we can't see into the future and the past is the only indicator of performance that we have, and with the exception of NE, the recent performance is not encouraging.

Do the top teams in the conference also have some games where they didn't perform well? Sure, but we can't count on them putting up a dud against us because it's the exception, not the rule. For us, poor performances are becoming the rule. Remember, we're talking about 5 straight weeks, and 5 of 6 since the bye, not 1 or 2 bad games over the course of 3 months. The consistent poor performances are why I don't this team is a true contender.
    To answer your question - do I think we beat the Dolphins or Chiefs with the way we played against GB or the Jets? No, I think we clearly lose.

I am not counting on anyone (esp. a team as seasoned as KC) to ever put up a dud. But I am also not counting on the Bills to put up a dud this January. Beane recognized that the DLine was the main reason we lost to KC last year, and he did his part to fix that. We will have to play a near-perfect game to beat KC, but guess what? KC will have to play a near-perfect game to beat us. With the 2022 rosters, if the Bills play KC 10 times, I imagine the record will be 5-5. The beauty of the NFL playoffs is that it is one and done. Each team has their advantages, and neither team is clearly better than the other.

If we were desperate to win by any means, Von Miller would be playing next weekend. Tre White would have started after the Bye. But Beane understands the "long game" - we need to peak at the right time (playoffs). There's still 33% of the season left.

You know who didn't understand the long game? The Dolphins, when they put Tua in earlier this year and risked his life/career.

The issue here with you is recency bias. Just as Sept/Oct amazing performances didn't predict our November duds, I also don't think our November performance will clearly predict our Dec/Jan performances. Beane has built a solid roster overall, and as long as we have Josh Allen and get healthy - we are Super Bowl contenders.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 906 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fair enough, I was wrong about being healthy for the first Dolphins game.

And once again, I ask you: what makes you think the Bills are going to suddenly stop beating themselves, especially given how poorly they've performed since the bye?
    They lost the Jets and Dolphins AND Vikings games all due to self inflicted wounds. And they barely lost all three. What makes you think they’ll make the self sabotage again? Hint, they won’t. They’re going to win both.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,690 Times in 7,752 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry to hear that Opi was not feeling well over Thanksgiving. I too had a rough holiday. Had a visit to urgent care on the day before Thanksgiving. Just starting to feel close to normal.

The constant ****posting coming from Opi is intolerable and insufferable. Based on faulty assumptions and wrongheaded cynical observations. I know it’s a waste of time to address each of Opi’s wrongheaded, Debbie Downer “observations”.....and I’m not going to do that. But, I have these observations.....

NO, Opi, the Bills have NOT “sucked” or “played poorly” in five of the last six games. Total absurd Mega-Nega-fan baloney, and shows that Opi knows much less about football than he thinks he does.

Twice in this thread, he has opined that just because we don’t agree with his Negative Nancy non-reality, trolling that they “know nothing about football”.

Jesus. In reality, it’s EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE!!!

People with knowledge about football KNOW that the NFL is NOT like college football. The wins are not judged based on the competition which is a HUGE part of the rankings. I suspect you are butt hurt over your beloved Notre Dame “Fighting” (more like lay down underachievers) Irish, have not been ranked #1 since 1988. The last year they had an undefeated season, which is the ONLY way a college team gets a high rank.

No, the NFL does NOT have undefeated teams. Not been done in FIFTY ****ING YEARS. Right now, there seems to be (I don’t follow college football) THREE undefeated college team. Big whup!!

There are NO “rankings” in NFL that affects the playoffs. it’s W-L record. PERIOD. END. OF. STORY.

The Buffalo Bills, right now, are one of only TWO TEAMS in the AFC (and two in the NFC) with 9 or more wins. The ONE team in the AFC with nine wins, the BILLS BEAT THEM, on the road. These are undeniable FACTS.

Right now....

The Bills are #1 in the AFC East.

The Bills are the #2 seed in the AFC.

These are undeniable FACTS.

The three loses the Bills suffered were NOT because the team played “poorly” or “badly”, it was because Josh Allen had a handful of bad plays. The Dolphins, Jets and Vikings BARELY beat Bills. That’s the way the balls bounces sometimes in the NFL.

During the drought, there were lots of “homers”. Fans who overinflated the chances of the Bills and ignored the negatives. In reality, there were not that many, so trying to present yourself as some and of expert when you wrote "Yeah everyone neglects the 15 years before that where I was largely right.”. Uhhhhhh.....LOTS of us fans said the same thing. That the Bills would NOT be contenders until they got an elite QB.

Well, the Bill have an elite QB. Which you want to ignore.

So....those fans that unrealistically inflate the chances of an average or below average team are “homers”, Opi, who unrealistically and constantly ****posts about them, and severely downplays the FACT that they ARE LEGITIMATE Super Bowl contenders, should be called “NOmers”

Yep, Opi is the KING of NOmers on this site.

But, worst of all are these two incredibly negative, unrealistic, uneducated and 100% FALSE assertions....

We are not SB contenders. That is a fact. Anyone who knows anything about football and has watched this team since the bye should know that.
    I mean, really?!?!?!?!?! No, Opi, it is NOT a “fact” that the Bills are “not SB contenders” And "Anyone who knows anything about football and has watched this team since the bye” and before the bye KNOWS that that silly statement is total, 100% unmitigated BALONEY!!!!

THIS post illustrated how much out-of-touch Opi is, total delusion and 100% lack of reality....

Real fans don’t quit. Real fans don’t have to delude themselves into thinking the team is better than it is to keep being a fan. I’ll never quit but I’ll never stop acknowledging the reality.
    Your posts show the EPITOME of “QUITTING”. They could be used as the textbook definition of that word. THESE are undeniable examples of “QUITTING”.....

Lmao. Look at the facts over the last 4 games. SB is a pipe dream
    You're using the exception to prove the rule.

There never was a chance. I mean, technically, there's always a chance. That's why they play the games. But realistically, we were always overrated and aren't a legit contender. That's what I've been saying for months.

lmao. Have you watched this team lately? If you can't see how poorly they've played, then you know nothing about football.
    NO, the Bills have NOT “played poorly”, and YOU know a lot less about football than you think you do.

What some of you refuse to see is that it’s not about me. Whether I’m right or wrong, whether I admit it if I am wrong… it doesn’t change the reality that this team isn’t what most people thought it was to start the season. Or maybe it was but got derailed by injuries. Either way, doesn’t matter. This team is NOT a SB contender.
    We have no chance to beat KC in the playoffs. We will be lucky to go 3-3 in the Div. Keep putting your head in the sand. Keep making it about me. Reality is punching you in the face and you aren’t even noticing. This team has sucked since the bye.
    We are not SB contenders. That is a fact. Anyone who knows anything about football and has watched this team since the bye should know that.
    They struggled for two games? We’ve struggled for 5 straight. They’ve proven they can beat us in the playoffs, we haven’t.

Not that it matters. They’ll have the bye and we are headed for a wild card and a first round exit.
    They (KC) will kick our ass in a rematch, but we will never get far enough to have the opportunity.
    ceiling is a WC and a first round exit. You already have my avatar so I don't know what else to bet.
    All this on top of your pre-season prediction of the Bills starting 2022 with a 2-5 record. (As a reminder, I predicted the Bills would start the season 5-2....they started 6-1).

YOU QUIT ON THE BILLS IN EARLY 2022. YOU QUIT ON THE BILLS IN 2021. YOU QUIT ON THE BILLS IN in 2020. YOU ARE QUITTING ON THE BILLS NOW!!!!!

THAT is the UNDENIABLE REALITY!!!!

I know you will keep up your Negative Nancy NOmer bellyaching. That’s who you are. Doesn’t mean that it has ANY credibility.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Can mod please close this friggen thread already

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    YOU QUIT ON THE BILLS IN EARLY 2022. YOU QUIT ON THE BILLS IN 2021. YOU QUIT ON THE BILLS IN in 2020. YOU ARE QUITTING ON THE BILLS NOW!!!!!

THAT is the UNDENIABLE REALITY!!!!

I know you will keep up your Negative Nancy NOmer bellyaching. That’s who you are. Doesn’t mean that it has ANY credibility.
    I've never once quit on this team. In fact I structure my time to ensure I can watch every game live and I've been doing that all of my adult life.

And you lost all credibility when you said this team has played well since the bye. Even the people who are arguing with me agree that they have played poorly since the bye.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I've never once quit on this team. In fact I structure my time to ensure I can watch every game live and I've been doing that all of my adult life.

And you lost all credibility when you said this team has played well since the bye. Even the people who are arguing with me agree that they have played poorly since the bye.
    Sorry, yes you have quit on the team. Over and over and over and over and over again.

You want to ignore reality, that’s your problem.

BTW....you are misrepresenting (read: lying) what I said.....I did NOT say "this team has played well since the bye”. I said that they have NOT played “poorly” or “badly”. Two totally different things. One has to redefine with it means to play “poorly” or "badly” to accept your baloney.

I’ve said what I want to say.....I don’t give a flying **** if you agree or not.

11. Post thanked by:

Novacane (12-02-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry, yes you have quit on the team. Over and over and over and over and over again.

You want to ignore reality, that’s your problem.

BTW....you are misrepresenting (read: lying) what I said.....I did NOT say "this team has played well since the bye”. I said that they have NOT played “poorly” or “badly”. Two totally different things. One has to redefine with it means to play “poorly” or "badly” to accept your baloney.

I’ve said what I want to say.....I don’t give a flying **** if you agree or not.
    Except that they have played poorly since the bye. You're just refusing to acknowledge it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Except that they have played poorly since the bye. You're just refusing to acknowledge it.
    NOmer, Mega-Nega-fan bullcrap.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

NOmer, Mega-Nega-fan bullcrap.
    Just look at the stats pre-bye vs post-bye. You're simply refusing to accept a fact.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 842 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

OPIV says there is no chance the phins lose to the chargers in Los Angeles yet he guaranteed the bills would lose every time the bills had to make a trip to the west coast the last 3 years lol too funny

16. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-03-2022)

The things I get you to say Gibby 2.0's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,062 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah everyone neglects the 15 years before that where I was largely right.
    If you say so Jean Dixon. . . . Seriously, and its worth repeating, the Donadope and Manboobs/Mularkey, Levy and Jauron, Nix and Gailey, Whaley and Maroon/Ryan era all oversaw by the ****show that was Russ Brandon was awful. McD and Beane are not that dark age. Does McD do things that annoy me? Yes. In big games he gets super conservative and does not have the killer instinct some times. He also inherited Reid's poor clock management and situational awareness. However, how many times during the drought did we lose a hard fought game against a good team or two only to freefall out of contention? In the drought, which gave just about all of us PTSD, We'd start out well several times only to lose some demoralizingly close games and fall out of contention. Throw in Snow and losing a home game? That would have killed the playoff aspirations of all the drought teams. This year, and last, and the year before and the year before that and even in 2017 when they literally had nobody they pulled together, dusted themselves off and kept at it. After the Dolphins game early in the drought they imploded. This team, to its credit does not.

Now, if we are to be consistent, lets remember that the Chiefs have also struggled mightily against other teams. Hell, they lost a heart breaker to us. They lost to an Indy team that is all but eliminated from the playoffs. They almost lost (and without considerable refball help would have lost) to a Titans team with no qb. They almost lost twice to the Bolts and they nearly lost to the Raiders. Yet, all anyone does is say how great Mahomes is for putting them in a position to win. They win ugly and people toss their salads over the greatness of Mahomes. Allen wins like Mahomes and he sucks somehow.
    Insert whimsical line here

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    OPIV says there is no chance the phins lose to the chargers in Los Angeles yet he guaranteed the bills would lose every time the bills had to make a trip to the west coast the last 3 years lol too funny
    Get back to me when the Fish win.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 842 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Does OPIV know the fish beat the Steelers by 6.. beat the lions by 4... beat the bears by 3... he thinks the bills have played poorly because they beat below average teams by less than a touchdown but thinks the fish are unbeatable when they have beat below average teams by less than a touchdown

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    Does OPIV know the fish beat the Steelers by 6.. beat the lions by 4... beat the bears by 3... he thinks the bills have played poorly because they beat below average teams by less than a touchdown but thinks the fish are unbeatable when they have beat below average teams by less than a touchdown
    They beat us, they were ahead of us in the standings for weeks until last night (and will be ahead of us again if they win), they had to play I believe 2 1/2 games without their starting QB, and they keep winning. If we play as poorly as we did against the Packers, Jets, Vikings, Lions and Browns (5 STRAIGHT games), they will beat us easily.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They beat us, they were ahead of us in the standings for weeks until last night
    The fish were ahead of us in the standings for 4 days until last night. More of Op's patented 'facts'..

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    The fish were ahead of us in the standings for 4 days until last night. More of Op's patented 'facts'..
    ?

I guess if you want to get technical, we had the lead for 4 days between our Thurs game and their win on Sun. But they had the lead for a long time before that brief period.