Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: We got the win, but...

Thanks
    Thanked 11,696 Times in 7,756 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: We got the win, but...

BTW....if one’s criteria for “****ting the bed” is NOT winning the Super Bowl, they are setting themselves up for ALL kinds of bitter disappointment.

The FACT is that’s it’s extremely difficult to even GET to the Super Bowl, much less win it.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    It’s a FACT that just because the Jets and Fins already beat us, that it means they have any more chance of doing so again….they DON’T.
    It’s a FACT that the Bills have beaten each of the other first place teams in the three other divisions in the AFC, BAL, KC & TN…holding the tie breaker over each.
    It’s a FACT that they have seven wins, 2nd best in the AFC.
    It’s a FACT that the Bills SOS of .554 is the toughest of all present 7 playoff teams in the AFC, and second overall in the AFC.
    It’s a FACT that their SOV of .493, is the highest in the AFC.
    It’s a FACT that the Bills scoring differential is #1 in the NFL at 107. #2 in the AFC is 37% worse, KC at 67.
    It’s a FACT that the Bills are the #2 scoring offence at 28.1, less than 2 points behind #1 KC at 30.
    It’s a FACT the Bills are #4 in defensive scoring in the NFL at 17.4 PPG….just .7 less than #1 Dallas.
    It’s a FACT that the Bills are #2 in offense yards per game.
    It’s a FACT that the three losses of the Bills by a TOTAL of only eight points.
    It’s a FACT the Bills defense has had only THREE starters that have played in every game.
    It’s a FACT that there are 7 games to be played, with FOUR within the division.
    It’s a FACT that you have been the biggest cynic of the Bills for years.
    It’s a FACT that your predictions of doom and gloom are much more likely to be WRONG than correct.

I’m not a loser talk cynic that almost ALWAYS predicts the sky is falling.

It is YOU that are choosing to “put your head in the sand” and ignore the very real FACTS that show the Bills are STILL one of the best teams in the NFL.

Reasonable people (and non-Negative Nancy’s) wait until the Bills **** the bed before burying them.
    Except that all the good stuff you listed has stop happening and the bad stuff that I listed was still happening as of less than 24 hours ago.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW....if one’s criteria for “****ting the bed” is NOT winning the Super Bowl, they are setting themselves up for ALL kinds of bitter disappointment.

The FACT is that’s it’s extremely difficult to even GET to the Super Bowl, much less win it.
    But you're the one who has been saying that this is a SB team since the off-season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    If we win out the division we have tie breakers for over almost everyone for the conference. We need to win every division game. KC will drop 1-2.
    There is no reason to believe that the Bills cannot sweep the 4 div. games left. Just because we lost to the Jets and Fin’s, on the road, is irrelevant and simply loser talk.

Just like it was loser talk last year that after the Bills lost the hurricane game vs the Pats, that they could not beat NE in NE and would not win the AFC East.. Especially after their mid-season swoon.

They went into NE and beat them soundly. No punts. Then they handed Bill Belichik a historic ass beating in the playoffs scoring on every of their seven possessions.

Yeah....the same loser talk King told us that Belichick would find a way to beat Bills. His credibility is for ****.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    But you're the one who has been saying that this is a SB team since the off-season.
    And I still believe that with every fiber of my being. And will stop believing that if and when they lose the last game of the year, and not until that happens.

You want to bury them in week #11.

Losing the last game of the year is NOT “****ting the bed”, no matter how much you want it to be.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And I still believe that with every fiber of my being. And will stop believing that if and when they lose the last game of the year, and not until that happens.

You want to bury them in week #11.

Losing the last game of the year is NOT “****ting the bed”, no matter how much you want it to be.
    It's not just the last game. It's every game since the bye. Every game for a month. The facts are that for the past month, this team hasn't even looked like a playoff team, let alone a SB team. You're talking about what the team was like in October. I'm talking about what the team was like 24 hours ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The defense is lacking 5 out of 11 starters.

Buffalo had one practice the week prior to the game versus 3 for Cleveland. When Buffalo practiced on Thursday they fully expected to practice on Friday before the weather made that impossible. They likely had to inform team members of at least part of the game virtually, rather than actually practicing the plays.

Josh Allen had fewer passing attempts than he normally would have gotten in his only practice of the week. This because he's still been dealing with an elbow injury. Is it any wonder he had some accuracy issues at the start of the game.

I am concerned about the defense on third and long, but I think the helath of the defensive secondary has a lot to do with it. If we get White and Elam back and Poyer can stay healthy, I think it will look a lot better.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

7. Post thanked by:

Historian (11-22-2022),kgun12 (11-21-2022),Mad Bomber (11-21-2022),notacon (11-21-2022),YardRat (11-21-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 1,172 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post

Buffalo had one practice the week prior to the game versus 3 for Cleveland. When Buffalo practiced on Thursday they fully expected to practice on Friday before the weather made that impossible. They likely had to inform team members of at least part of the game virtually, rather than actually practicing the plays.

Josh Allen had fewer passing attempts than he normally would have gotten in his only practice of the week. This because he's still been dealing with an elbow injury. Is it any wonder he had some accuracy issues at the start of the game.

I am concerned about the defense on third and long, but I think the helath of the defensive secondary has a lot to do with it. If we get White and Elam back and Poyer can stay healthy, I think it will look a lot better.
    I agree, and BTW these are the “if’s” I talked about on page 2.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post

It just doesn't seem like we are going to get healthy. I don't know if it's poor conditioning, bad luck, both... The D has just been decimated with injuries. The O is so reliant on Allen that even a minor injury is significant. 3 games in 11 days is a LOT and not a good way to get healthy.

We absolutely cannot lose to NE and go 0-3 in the division.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    If we win out the division we have tie breakers for over almost everyone for the conference. We need to win every division game. KC will drop 1-2.
    Talk about fantasies. It's the Bills that lost to TWO divisional foes who were not as good as they were. So you're guessing is really hoping. That's all.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,556 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The defense is built to do one thing really well, and they can adapt dependent on the opponent. They can load the box and eliminate some of the best running backs in the league, or they can drop back in cover 2 and cover 3 and minimize a quick strike passing offense pretty effectively. The problem is, unless the opponent isn't that efficient at either, they aren't good enough to shut down both. They need to pick their poison and hope it works out in the end.

The issue with 3rd and long is more about our much-ballyhoo'd defensive line not getting home or even getting pressure at all than it is about the d-backs.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

12. Post thanked by:

JJamezz (11-22-2022),Mace (11-21-2022)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    The defense is built to do one thing really well, and they can adapt dependent on the opponent. They can load the box and eliminate some of the best running backs in the league, or they can drop back in cover 2 and cover 3 and minimize a quick strike passing offense pretty effectively. The problem is, unless the opponent isn't that efficient at either, they aren't good enough to shut down both. They need to pick their poison and hope it works out in the end.

The issue with 3rd and long is more about our much-ballyhoo'd defensive line not getting home or even getting pressure at all than it is about the d-backs.
    Could probably use some defensive expertise here. Go figure. They don't know how to adapt. There is no creativity, you just load up on the personnel and insert them into the basic scheme you always use and hope it works.

14. Post thanked by:

YardRat (11-21-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Could probably use some defensive expertise here. Go figure. They don't know how to adapt. There is no creativity, you just load up on the personnel and insert them into the basic scheme you always use and hope it works.
    Even Dave Wannstedt could do that. It never worked, but he did it.

16. Post thanked by:

Mace (11-21-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Ok, let's start with some positives.

First and foremost, we got the W. We stopped the bleeding and managed to get ahead of the Jets and stay ahead of the Pats.

We finally got some rushing yards from people not named Josh Allen. Granted, it was against a D that's bad against the run, but it's a start.

Despite the defensive struggles, Milano had one hell of a game.

That being said...

We let them hang around WAY too long. That final onside kick was scary. We were 1 or 2 plays away from a choke. Taiwan Jones made two really smart decisions on that play. First, he hit the Cleveland player so he couldn't grab the ball, then Jones wisely batted the ball out of bounds rather than trying to recover it.

Too many FG's. Props to Bass for making all of them but we need to be better in the red zone. FG's may beat Cleveland. They won't beat better teams.

The D is just bad. Jacoby ****ing Brissett had 324 yards and 3 TD's. Yes, we stopped their running backs but only because we sold out and let them pass all over us. Even with Poyer, the defensive backfield was out of sync. If we don't get healthy, we're screwed. And while I do think Edmunds is overrated, this team is better with him on the field than without him.

Von Miller is a contributor, but he's not an impact player anymore. At this point, his contribution is more as a vet leader/locker room guy than on the field.

Yes, the disruption/distraction of the snow storm, moving the game, and lack of opportunity to practice probably contributed to the problems. But two things: first, they've been bad more than they've been good since the bye, even in the 3 games when weather disruptions/lack of practice were not an issue. Second, we play again in 4 days so there really isn't much time to practice and fix those issues. Detroit is not a great team, and they just beat a good Giants team who runs a similar O to us.

And FWIW that resilient Minnesota team that beat us last week got humiliated by Dallas. At this point, I don't see how we win a rematch against the Chiefs, Titans or Ravens, but if we do somehow make the SB, we're just gonna get smoked by Dallas or Philly.
    I want to, but can't argue any of it. We're stumbling badly down the backstretch and don't at all look like the September team that had a point to make and was determined to make it.

18. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (11-21-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    Even Dave Wannstedt could do that. It never worked, but he did it.
    Absolutely, the game passed him by. The "lost" looks familiar imho.

My IQ Test results came back negative BillsOwnAll's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Imagine if op was a Philly fan.

Op go back and watch all of the Philly games and tell me how they would Smoke the bills.

It’s the nfl, no team is great every game

Thanks
    Thanked 12,391 Times in 7,274 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsOwnAll View Post

Op go back and watch all of the Philly games and tell me how they would Smoke the bills.

Philly looks like a one and done team in the post season to me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsOwnAll View Post

Once again, all I did was stare the facts, as of yesterday.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,899 Times in 4,357 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We won the Super Bowl, but…oh shut the **** up.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,391 Times in 7,274 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    We won the Super Bowl, but...

......we'll never be able to repeat!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    We won the Super Bowl, but…oh shut the **** up.
    Lmao. Look at the facts over the last 4 games. SB is a pipe dream