Thanked 26,300 Times in 13,730 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: We got the win, but...

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    The rams started 7-1 last year and lost their next 3

the bucs in 2020 started 7-5

and that’s just the last two years.
    Fair enough.

I don't have any comment about the Rams because I didn't pay much attention to them last year.

The Bucs had a new QB in Brady. But, as much as I hate him, he's also Brady. They had growing pains, but once he got to the playoffs, he's been there more than anyone ever has or ever will.

And on a semi-related note, that's what scares me about this season. Clearly, the Bucs aren't that good, but their division is such hot garbage that they'll probably win it with a very mediocre record, maybe even a losing record. And we all know what can happen once Brady gets in. No, I'm not saying they're going to win the SB, but I do think they'll upset a team or 2 if they get in. I just want to enjoy Brady-free playoffs and I don't think that's going to happen.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I don't know about those specific stats. I do know that SB teams do not play poorly for FOUR CONSECUTIVE GAMES.
    The Giants won the Superbowl as a 6 seed going 9-7, with a span of 4 consecutive losses and losing 5 of 6. In 4 of those games in a row, they gave up 36 points per game. You know, the vaunted defense that held Brady to 17 points in the Superbowl.

That defense also gave up over 300 yards passing to a combination of Tarvaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst, they gave up 331 yards to Sam Bradford, 363 yards and 4 TDs to Brees, 320 yards and 4 TDs to Romo...

I would bet there are a lot of examples of Superbowl winning teams struggling against lesser teams. No one wins every game by 30 points.

You're just being over emotional, like usual.

I don't even think we're going to win the Superbowl, but to act like there's no chance? Don't be such a baby.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    The Giants won the Superbowl as a 6 seed going 9-7, with a span of 4 consecutive losses and losing 5 of 6. In 4 of those games in a row, they gave up 36 points per game. You know, the vaunted defense that held Brady to 17 points in the Superbowl.

That defense also gave up over 300 yards passing to a combination of Tarvaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst, they gave up 331 yards to Sam Bradford, 363 yards and 4 TDs to Brees, 320 yards and 4 TDs to Romo...

I would bet there are a lot of examples of Superbowl winning teams struggling against lesser teams. No one wins every game by 30 points.

You're just being over emotional, like usual.

I don't even think we're going to win the Superbowl, but to act like there's no chance? Don't be such a baby.
    You're using the exception to prove the rule.

There never was a chance. I mean, technically, there's always a chance. That's why they play the games. But realistically, we were always overrated and aren't a legit contender. That's what I've been saying for months.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

YOU STILL SUCK

5. Post thanked by:

notacon (11-22-2022),OpIv37 (11-22-2022)

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We win the winnable games (and the Chiefs drop one) and we won't have to worry about any power teams until the AFC Championship, and it'll be in Buffalo.

7. Post thanked by:

notacon (11-22-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You're using the exception to prove the rule.
    You think I can't find other examples of Superbowl winning teams that have struggled during the regular season for a few games? That was my first attempt.

But realistically, we were always overrated and aren't a legit contender. That's what I've been saying for months.
    We aren't as overrated as you've been saying we are. You predicted 3-5, you were as wrong as you've ever been about that.

9. Post thanked by:

notacon (11-22-2022),TacklingDummy (11-22-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,698 Times in 7,758 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Once again, all I did was stare the facts, as of yesterday.
    Lmao. Look at the facts over the last 4 games. SB is a pipe dream
    I’ve shared the “facts” as well....

It’s a FACT that just because the Jets and Fins already beat us, that it means they have any more chance of doing so again….they DON’T.
    It’s a FACT that the Bills have beaten each of the other first place teams in the three other divisions in the AFC, BAL, KC & TN…holding the tie breaker over each.
    It’s a FACT that they have seven wins, 2nd best in the AFC.
    It’s a FACT that the Bills SOS of .554 is the toughest of all present 7 playoff teams in the AFC, and second overall in the AFC.
    It’s a FACT that their SOV of .493, is the highest in the AFC.
    It’s a FACT that the Bills scoring differential is #1 in the NFL at 107. #2 in the AFC is 37% worse, KC at 67.
    It’s a FACT that the Bills are the #2 scoring offence at 28.1, less than 2 points behind #1 KC at 30.
    It’s a FACT the Bills are #4 in defensive scoring in the NFL at 17.4 PPG….just .7 less than #1 Dallas.
    It’s a FACT that the Bills are #2 in offense yards per game.
    It’s a FACT that the three losses of the Bills by a TOTAL of only eight points.
    It’s a FACT the Bills defense has had only THREE starters that have played in every game.
    It’s a FACT that there are 7 games to be played, with FOUR within the division.
    It’s a FACT that you have been the biggest cynic of the Bills for years.
    It’s a FACT that your predictions of doom and gloom are much more likely to be WRONG than correct.

I’m not a loser talk cynic that almost ALWAYS predicts the sky is falling.

It is YOU that are choosing to “put your head in the sand” and ignore the very real FACTS that show the Bills are STILL one of the best teams in the NFL.

Reasonable people (and non-Negative Nancy’s) wait until the Bills **** the bed before burying them.

And I also shared these facts.

After 10 games....

2021 - LA Rams is 7-3, coming off two loses in a row...and then adding a third in a row to fall to 7-4. Then rattle off 5 in a row before dropping the last game of the season in OT. Finish 12-5, win Super Bowl.

2021 - Cincy is 6-4, losing two of the previous three games, the go on to lose TWO more of the next three and drop to 7-6. Win three of the last four and finish 10-7. Go to Super Bowl.

2020 - Tampa is 7-3 after the second loss, getting their ass beat by New Orleans....blow out score of 38-3. They lose two of their next three games falling to 7-5. Win last four games, finishing 11-5, win Super Bowl.

2020 - KC is on top of the world, after losing their first game vs Vegas, go on a 10 game winning streak (until dropping the last meaningless game of the year). Finish 14-2. Get their asses handed to them in the Super Bowl.

2019 - KC is 6-4 after losing two of the previous three games, and FOUR of the previous six games. Finish the year with a six game win streak, end season with 14-4 record. Win Super Bowl.

Teams have bumps in the road. Usually what’s important is to get hot at the right time.

Anyone who is dismissing the Bills chances because they (oh horrors!!!) lost two in a row in very close games and were beat by the Jets and Miami in the same very close margin, are ignoring history and the reality of the NFL.

Opi’s problem is how he analyzes the “facts” always....and I mean ALWAYS in a negative, pessimistic, cynical, Negative Nancy way when it comes to the Bills. It’s a pretty perverse and sick way to illustrate being a “fan” of the team.

Hey, you want to spend the season in the gutter, wallowing in your own misery??? That’s your choice and YOUR problem. Coming here and spreading your **** is divisive and a form of trolling.

11. Post thanked by:

Oaf (11-23-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,346 Times in 3,827 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TheConsigliere View Post
    YOU STILL SUCK
    I thought you went to that other site that was more Putin loving, not to come back?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,577 Times in 6,135 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    We win the winnable games (and the Chiefs drop one) and we won't have to worry about any power teams until the AFC Championship, and it'll be in Buffalo.
    That would be the case.
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Thanks
    Thanked 5,346 Times in 3,827 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You think I can't find other examples of Superbowl winning teams that have struggled during the regular season for a few games? That was my first attempt.

We aren't as overrated as you've been saying we are. You predicted 3-5, you were as wrong as you've ever been about that.
    If we had to do them over right now, we'd be lucky to go 3-5.

15. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (11-22-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    If we had to do them over right now, we'd be lucky to go 3-5.
    Not how it works sooooooo

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't know about those specific stats. I do know that SB teams do not play poorly for FOUR CONSECUTIVE GAMES.
    100% WRONG!!!!! As usual.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,170 Times in 5,901 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

But it's not just the week of zero practice. It's 4 straight weeks where this team has performed poorly. It's not me calling it a trend. Objectively, it IS a trend. And saying it doesn't exist is just epic BS. It does exist. It happened less than 48 hours ago, and in just over 48 hours from now, we'll be playing again.
    48 hours ago also does not exists.

when a batter is in a slump his 0-4 2 days ago means nothing when he gets a hit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And once again, nothing I say changes the reality of how poorly this team has played over the last month.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
    We protected the ball and scored points.

That is still the goal.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    48 hours ago also does not exists.

when a batter is in a slump his 0-4 2 days ago means nothing when he gets a hit.
    You're missing the point. What's going on with the Bills now isn't like going 0-4 once two days ago. It's like batting .110 over the course of a month. Sure, getting a hit helps, but your team lost a bunch of games while you were trying to bust out of your slump, so it's too little, too late. Also, another slump is a strong possibility given how poorly you've performed.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You're missing the point. What's going on with the Bills now isn't like going 0-4 once two days ago. It's like batting .110 over the course of a month. Sure, getting a hit helps, but your team lost a bunch of games while you were trying to bust out of your slump, so it's too little, too late. Also, another slump is a strong possibility given how poorly you've performed.
    What is it too late for, exactly?

We're 1 game out for home field. Tied for the division lead while we have to play the division leader still, at home.. and we hold the tie breaker against every single division leader currently.

Jesus, you're analogies are such trash.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What is it too late for, exactly?

We're 1 game out for home field. Tied for the division lead while we have to play the division leader still, at home.. and we hold the tie breaker against every single division leader currently.

Jesus, you're analogies are such trash.
    0-2 in the div. Only 2nd place. We were 3rd place 2 days ago. KC, Miami and Ten keep winning. The margin for error is EXTREMELY thin, and even thinner after how badly this team has screwed up over the last month. That's reality regardless of whether you like my analogy.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

0-2 in the div. Only 2nd place. We were 3rd place 2 days ago. KC, Miami and Ten keep winning. The margin for error is EXTREMELY thin, and even thinner after how badly this team has screwed up over the last month. That's reality regardless of whether you like my analogy.
    So with a win Thursday we are back in 1st.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    One of Opi’s favorite ways of ****ting on the Bills and over inflating other team's massive accomplishments (in comparison) is record against teams that are over .500.

Well.....there are only four teams that have played SIX games against teams with records above .500....

Miami
    Baltimore
    Buffalo
    NY Jets

Three of those teams, including Buffalo, are 3-3 vs teams with winning records. The NY Jets are 2-4.

There are three teams that have played three or less games against team above .500....

Seattle - 2 games
    San Fran - 2 games
    KC - Three games

Looking at KC, the team in the AFC that we are concerned about, they are only 2-1 vs. team with record above .500.

The other telling FACT is how many games a team has LOST to team that are at .500 or below.

Analyzing the 14 teams that would get into the playoffs, plus the 15 teams that have a present record above .500 (Tampa Bay is at .500 but would get in the playoffs today because they lead the dismal NFC South) there are NINE teams that have lost at least ONE game to a team with a record at .500 and below.

Tampa Bay - 3
    Seattle - 3
    San Fran - 3
    New England - 2
    Cincy - 2
    Dallas - 2
    Washington - 1
    NY Giants - 1
    KANSAS CITY - 1

The rest of the seven teams, including BUFFALO, have not lost a game to a team with a .500 or below record.

As for the strength of the remaining schedule based on W-L records, guess what team has the easiest schedule????

Yeah...KANSAS CITY. Their remaining teams have a collective W-L record of only .364. Baltimore has the second easiest at .366.

Buffalo has the tenth most difficult at .535.

Of course, the teams within the two strongest divisions, AFC East and NFC East, with both of them, astonishingly, has every team within the division above .500, they have the toughest remaining schedule.

So....these are the FACTS.

The Buffalo Bills are doing just fine. When they go 4-0 (3-1 at the very worst) against the rest of the AFC East, they will continue to show they are one of the best teams in the NFL, win the AFC East for the third year in a row, and deserve to be considered one of the Super Bowl favorites.