Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: We got the win, but...

Thanks
    Thanked 26,395 Times in 13,784 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: We got the win, but...

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I’ve shared the “facts” as well....

It’s a FACT that just because the Jets and Fins already beat us, that it means they have any more chance of doing so again….they DON’T.
    It’s a FACT that the Bills have beaten each of the other first place teams in the three other divisions in the AFC, BAL, KC & TN…holding the tie breaker over each.
    It’s a FACT that they have seven wins, 2nd best in the AFC.
    It’s a FACT that the Bills SOS of .554 is the toughest of all present 7 playoff teams in the AFC, and second overall in the AFC.
    It’s a FACT that their SOV of .493, is the highest in the AFC.
    It’s a FACT that the Bills scoring differential is #1 in the NFL at 107. #2 in the AFC is 37% worse, KC at 67.
    It’s a FACT that the Bills are the #2 scoring offence at 28.1, less than 2 points behind #1 KC at 30.
    It’s a FACT the Bills are #4 in defensive scoring in the NFL at 17.4 PPG….just .7 less than #1 Dallas.
    It’s a FACT that the Bills are #2 in offense yards per game.
    It’s a FACT that the three losses of the Bills by a TOTAL of only eight points.
    It’s a FACT the Bills defense has had only THREE starters that have played in every game.
    It’s a FACT that there are 7 games to be played, with FOUR within the division.
    It’s a FACT that you have been the biggest cynic of the Bills for years.
    It’s a FACT that your predictions of doom and gloom are much more likely to be WRONG than correct.

I’m not a loser talk cynic that almost ALWAYS predicts the sky is falling.

It is YOU that are choosing to “put your head in the sand” and ignore the very real FACTS that show the Bills are STILL one of the best teams in the NFL.

Reasonable people (and non-Negative Nancy’s) wait until the Bills **** the bed before burying them.

And I also shared these facts.

After 10 games....

2021 - LA Rams is 7-3, coming off two loses in a row...and then adding a third in a row to fall to 7-4. Then rattle off 5 in a row before dropping the last game of the season in OT. Finish 12-5, win Super Bowl.

2021 - Cincy is 6-4, losing two of the previous three games, the go on to lose TWO more of the next three and drop to 7-6. Win three of the last four and finish 10-7. Go to Super Bowl.

2020 - Tampa is 7-3 after the second loss, getting their ass beat by New Orleans....blow out score of 38-3. They lose two of their next three games falling to 7-5. Win last four games, finishing 11-5, win Super Bowl.

2020 - KC is on top of the world, after losing their first game vs Vegas, go on a 10 game winning streak (until dropping the last meaningless game of the year). Finish 14-2. Get their asses handed to them in the Super Bowl.

2019 - KC is 6-4 after losing two of the previous three games, and FOUR of the previous six games. Finish the year with a six game win streak, end season with 14-4 record. Win Super Bowl.

Teams have bumps in the road. Usually what’s important is to get hot at the right time.

Anyone who is dismissing the Bills chances because they (oh horrors!!!) lost two in a row in very close games and were beat by the Jets and Miami in the same very close margin, are ignoring history and the reality of the NFL.

Opi’s problem is how he analyzes the “facts” always....and I mean ALWAYS in a negative, pessimistic, cynical, Negative Nancy way when it comes to the Bills. It’s a pretty perverse and sick way to illustrate being a “fan” of the team.

Hey, you want to spend the season in the gutter, wallowing in your own misery??? That’s your choice and YOUR problem. Coming here and spreading your **** is divisive and a form of trolling.

The fact that the Jets and Fish have already beat us does not necessarily mean they will do it again, but they've already proven that they can beat us. You keep talking about THIS year. Well, this year, they've proven they can beat us, we haven't proven that we can beat them.

The fact that we lost 3 games by a combined 8 points isn't a positive. It shows we can't win close games. We're not going to blow out playoff teams by 3 scores.

Yes, we've had lots of injuries on D. But we STILL have lots of injuries on D. That problem hasn't gone away, and it likely won't as we still have to play 2 of the 3 games within 11 days.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,787 Times in 7,829 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    And once again, nothing I say changes the reality of how poorly this team has played over the last month.
    Nonsense.

You have an absurd idea of what playing “poorly” actually entails.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    So with a win Thursday we are back in 1st.
    IF we win. And only for 3 days until all the teams that we are competing with win again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Nonsense.

You have an absurd idea of what playing “poorly” actually entails.
    lmao. Have you watched this team lately? If you can't see how poorly they've played, then you know nothing about football.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,692 Times in 6,228 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just win Thursday and we're back on top of the division.

1) Ari
    2)@ Mia
    3) Jac
    4)@ Bal
    5)@ Hou
    6)@ Jet
    7) Ten
    8)@ Sea

Thanks
    Thanked 11,787 Times in 7,829 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

IF we win. And only for 3 days until all the teams that we are competing with win again.

- - - Updated - - -

lmao. Have you watched this team lately? If you can't see how poorly they've played, then you know nothing about football.
    Yes, I have. And I’ve watched many other games. You are full of ****.

YOU are the one who knows nothing about football....or reality.

6. Post thanked by:

Novacane (11-22-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Another win next Thursday back in 1st again.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,490 Times in 7,330 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What do you want me to say? This board is about discussing the team and those are the facts about the team right now. It’s not “being a dick” to discuss the team honestly. Facts are facts.
    Totally ignore that you'd of been wrong predicting the SB participants week 11 of most every year. I didn't expect anything else. Carry on. Bills have no chance. We get it.

9. Post thanked by:

notacon (11-22-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Totally ignore that you'd of been wrong predicting the SB participants week 11 of most every year. I didn't expect anything else. Carry on. Bills have no chance. We get it.
    I've never tried to predict SB participants in week 11 so I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Have you watched the Bills over the last month? Do they look like they have any shot at a SB?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,428 Times in 3,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've never tried to predict SB participants in week 11 so I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Have you watched the Bills over the last month? Do they look like they have any shot at a SB?
    Not as long as Mahomes/ Kelce stay healthy.

12. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (11-22-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We beat em once and we can beat em again I always say.
    Best part we get to find out eventually or should I say most likely?
    Especially if we're healthy don't give a crap about them.
    Last edited by Woodman; 11-22-2022 at 06:09 AM.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,496 Times in 15,582 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Not as long as Mahomes/ Kelce stay healthy.
    Funny and sad at the same time....I think the Bills are the only team in the conference that can knock off the Chiefs. They don't fear them, and in fact, they seem to bring out the best in us.

The problem is staying focused on the Lions, the Bears, and the Jet games.

I'm sick of the AFCCG being played in Kansas City, thanks to that lame-ass division they play in. Three games and a tiebreaker ahead of the second place team, and two other teams that are virtually eliminated already with seven left to play.

15. Post thanked by:

Novacane (11-22-2022),Woodman (11-23-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

OP is right the team hasn't played well the last month. Rationalize all you want making BS excuses in your heads the team has not played well period.

And they needed to play well to address what historian is talking about. They didn't. They all too often don't under McDermott along with the coaching blunders that never help.

A month ago the Bills were in charge of their destiny and now they need to HOPE for a better destiny than they played for.

Sad...but true.

17. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (11-22-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

All we can do is win 1 game at a time and to see where we end up.

Getting healthy, if that's even possible will change how things look.

It's a long season, with 7 regular season battles to go.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,215 Times in 5,938 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    OP is right the team hasn't played well the last month. Rationalize all you want making BS excuses in your heads the team has not played well period.

And they needed to play well to address what historian is talking about. They didn't. They all too often don't under McDermott along with the coaching blunders that never help.

A month ago the Bills were in charge of their destiny and now they need to HOPE for a better destiny than they played for.

Sad...but true.
    No disagreement. But that has no bearing on the game 2 days from now.

Bills played great start of season. That had zero to do with the game in Miami.

great until not. Not great until great once again.

how about the trend of mid season swooning that happened last season as well then it was gone?

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,917 Times in 2,093 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    No disagreement. But that has no bearing on the game 2 days from now.

Bills played great start of season. That had zero to do with the game in Miami.

great until not. Not great until great once again.

how about the trend of mid season swooning that happened last season as well then it was gone?
    i've said it before in previous posts, in the last three years of bills 'greatness' (if you want to call it that. I will)

they do the same **** every year

blazing hot start

steaming pile of late october to november

blazing hot finish

this is no differenct.

2020: 4-0
    followed by 3-3
    followed by 6-0

2021: 4-1
    followed by: 3-5
    followed by: 4-0

2022: 5-1
    followed by: (so far 2-2)
    .... to be continued
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

21. Post thanked by:

sukie (11-22-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,215 Times in 5,938 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    i've said it before in previous posts, in the last three years of bills 'greatness' (if you want to call it that. I will)

they do the same **** every year

blazing hot start

steaming pile of late october to november

blazing hot finish

this is no differenct.

2020: 4-0
    followed by 3-3
    followed by 6-0

2021: 4-1
    followed by: 3-5
    followed by: 4-0

2022: 5-1
    followed by: (so far 2-2)
    .... to be continued
    So I choose THAT long term trend then. More credible than the last 4 weeks. Much more data.

it’s bull but if you live by trends…

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    So I choose THAT long term trend then. More credible than the last 4 weeks. Much more data.

it’s bull but if you live by trends…
    hmmm.... when I mention previous years, it's "only this year matters." But, when it gives people the answer they're looking for- in this case, that the team will improve- suddenly, looking at prior years is acceptable. Weird how that works.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,428 Times in 3,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    Funny and sad at the same time....I think the Bills are the only team in the conference that can knock off the Chiefs. They don't fear them, and in fact, they seem to bring out the best in us.

The problem is staying focused on the Lions, the Bears, and the Jet games.

I'm sick of the AFCCG being played in Kansas City, thanks to that lame-ass division they play in. Three games and a tiebreaker ahead of the second place team, and two other teams that are virtually eliminated already with seven left to play.
    The Chiefs are consistent with their dominance.

Two stats I heard this week stand out:

1. Mahomes is the all time td passes per game leader, and second place is not even close. 2.45 per game. Allen is at 1.75 per game.

2. Mahomes has never lost divisional game away from home. Period.

We bring our best against them and on any given Sunday but if they're healthy, good luck...

25. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (11-22-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It just doesn't seem like we are going to get healthy. I don't know if it's poor conditioning, bad luck, both... The D has just been decimated with injuries. The O is so reliant on Allen that even a minor injury is significant. 3 games in 11 days is a LOT and not a good way to get healthy.

We absolutely cannot lose to NE and go 0-3 in the division.
    Over the last few years, buffalo has been among the least injured teams. I remember fans talking about that and wondering if Buffalo's efforts to maintain a state-of-the-art gym and rehab facility might be contributing to their record of good health. I don't think the Bills suddenly decided to change up equipment, practice routines and rehab protocols after they seem to have worked well. I think it is more likely the law of averages just caught up with them this season. I do agree that the New England game is critical to the Bills playoff hopes. For that matter, so are the rematches with Miami and the Jets.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,989 Times in 3,525 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    The Chiefs are consistent with their dominance.

Two stats I heard this week stand out:

1. Mahomes is the all time td passes per game leader, and second place is not even close. 2.45 per game. Allen is at 1.75 per game.

2. Mahomes has never lost divisional game away from home. Period.

We bring our best against them and on any given Sunday but if they're healthy, good luck...
    Wrong analysis. If WE'RE healthy good luck to them. We've beaten them 2of the last 3 and most definetely should have been 3 for 3.