• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: We got the win, but...

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    IF we win. And only for 3 days until all the teams that we are competing with win again.
    Another win next Thursday back in 1st again.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

What do you want me to say? This board is about discussing the team and those are the facts about the team right now. It’s not “being a dick” to discuss the team honestly. Facts are facts.
      Totally ignore that you'd of been wrong predicting the SB participants week 11 of most every year. I didn't expect anything else. Carry on. Bills have no chance. We get it.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        Totally ignore that you'd of been wrong predicting the SB participants week 11 of most every year. I didn't expect anything else. Carry on. Bills have no chance. We get it.
        I've never tried to predict SB participants in week 11 so I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Have you watched the Bills over the last month? Do they look like they have any shot at a SB?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sahlensguy
          • Mar 2015

I've never tried to predict SB participants in week 11 so I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Have you watched the Bills over the last month? Do they look like they have any shot at a SB?
          Not as long as Mahomes/ Kelce stay healthy.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

We beat em once and we can beat em again I always say.
            Best part we get to find out eventually or should I say most likely?
            Especially if we're healthy don't give a crap about them.
            Last edited by Woodman; 11-22-2022, 06:09 AM.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
              Not as long as Mahomes/ Kelce stay healthy.
              Funny and sad at the same time....I think the Bills are the only team in the conference that can knock off the Chiefs. They don't fear them, and in fact, they seem to bring out the best in us.

The problem is staying focused on the Lions, the Bears, and the Jet games.

I'm sick of the AFCCG being played in Kansas City, thanks to that lame-ass division they play in. Three games and a tiebreaker ahead of the second place team, and two other teams that are virtually eliminated already with seven left to play.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

OP is right the team hasn't played well the last month. Rationalize all you want making BS excuses in your heads the team has not played well period.

And they needed to play well to address what historian is talking about. They didn't. They all too often don't under McDermott along with the coaching blunders that never help.

A month ago the Bills were in charge of their destiny and now they need to HOPE for a better destiny than they played for.

Sad...but true.

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

All we can do is win 1 game at a time and to see where we end up.

Getting healthy, if that's even possible will change how things look.

It's a long season, with 7 regular season battles to go.

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                    OP is right the team hasn't played well the last month. Rationalize all you want making BS excuses in your heads the team has not played well period.

And they needed to play well to address what historian is talking about. They didn't. They all too often don't under McDermott along with the coaching blunders that never help.

A month ago the Bills were in charge of their destiny and now they need to HOPE for a better destiny than they played for.

Sad...but true.
                    No disagreement. But that has no bearing on the game 2 days from now.

Bills played great start of season. That had zero to do with the game in Miami.

great until not. Not great until great once again.

how about the trend of mid season swooning that happened last season as well then it was gone?

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                      No disagreement. But that has no bearing on the game 2 days from now.

Bills played great start of season. That had zero to do with the game in Miami.

great until not. Not great until great once again.

how about the trend of mid season swooning that happened last season as well then it was gone?
                      i've said it before in previous posts, in the last three years of bills 'greatness' (if you want to call it that. I will)

they do the same **** every year

blazing hot start

steaming pile of late october to november

blazing hot finish

this is no differenct.

2020: 4-0
                      followed by 3-3
                      followed by 6-0

2021: 4-1
                      followed by: 3-5
                      followed by: 4-0

2022: 5-1
                      followed by: (so far 2-2)
                      .... to be continued
                      I came.
                      I saw.
                      I conquered.

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                        i've said it before in previous posts, in the last three years of bills 'greatness' (if you want to call it that. I will)

they do the same **** every year

blazing hot start

steaming pile of late october to november

blazing hot finish

this is no differenct.

2020: 4-0
                        followed by 3-3
                        followed by 6-0

2021: 4-1
                        followed by: 3-5
                        followed by: 4-0

2022: 5-1
                        followed by: (so far 2-2)
                        .... to be continued
                        So I choose THAT long term trend then. More credible than the last 4 weeks. Much more data.

it’s bull but if you live by trends…

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                          So I choose THAT long term trend then. More credible than the last 4 weeks. Much more data.

it’s bull but if you live by trends…
                          hmmm.... when I mention previous years, it's "only this year matters." But, when it gives people the answer they're looking for- in this case, that the team will improve- suddenly, looking at prior years is acceptable. Weird how that works.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sahlensguy
                            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                            Funny and sad at the same time....I think the Bills are the only team in the conference that can knock off the Chiefs. They don't fear them, and in fact, they seem to bring out the best in us.

The problem is staying focused on the Lions, the Bears, and the Jet games.

I'm sick of the AFCCG being played in Kansas City, thanks to that lame-ass division they play in. Three games and a tiebreaker ahead of the second place team, and two other teams that are virtually eliminated already with seven left to play.
                            The Chiefs are consistent with their dominance.

Two stats I heard this week stand out:

1. Mahomes is the all time td passes per game leader, and second place is not even close. 2.45 per game. Allen is at 1.75 per game.

2. Mahomes has never lost divisional game away from home. Period.

We bring our best against them and on any given Sunday but if they're healthy, good luck...

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

It just doesn't seem like we are going to get healthy. I don't know if it's poor conditioning, bad luck, both... The D has just been decimated with injuries. The O is so reliant on Allen that even a minor injury is significant. 3 games in 11 days is a LOT and not a good way to get healthy.

We absolutely cannot lose to NE and go 0-3 in the division.
                              Over the last few years, buffalo has been among the least injured teams. I remember fans talking about that and wondering if Buffalo's efforts to maintain a state-of-the-art gym and rehab facility might be contributing to their record of good health. I don't think the Bills suddenly decided to change up equipment, practice routines and rehab protocols after they seem to have worked well. I think it is more likely the law of averages just caught up with them this season. I do agree that the New England game is critical to the Bills playoff hopes. For that matter, so are the rematches with Miami and the Jets.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                                The Chiefs are consistent with their dominance.

Two stats I heard this week stand out:

1. Mahomes is the all time td passes per game leader, and second place is not even close. 2.45 per game. Allen is at 1.75 per game.

2. Mahomes has never lost divisional game away from home. Period.

We bring our best against them and on any given Sunday but if they're healthy, good luck...
                                Wrong analysis. If WE'RE healthy good luck to them. We've beaten them 2of the last 3 and most definetely should have been 3 for 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X