• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: We got the win, but...

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    You are the one that wants to show how bad this team is. It's not my job to discredit their wins.

21 losses the last 3 + years, 16 are by 1 score.

13 of 45 wins were by 1 score.

66 games.
    45-21 overall.
    29 games decided by 1 score.
    Bills are 13-16 overall in those games.

With several heartbreaking losses with Hail Mary's, Fumble at goal line, 13 seconds, slips, drops.
    Well we are talking about a couple of different things going on here. First, the long-term record: Overall, this team has a winning record by a long shot, yet they have a LOSING record in one-score games. And, assuming your numbers are correct cuz I'm too lazy to double check, that means we are talking about 29 games over a 3+ year period, so it's a pretty large sample size.

People keep telling me that this team is different, the past doesn't matter.... Fine, fair enough. But one thing that isn't different than the past: I still expect this team to blow close games late, because they still do it frequently. You just posted the numbers. It doesn't feel any different than the drought years when we need to keep a team from tying/taking the lead late, or we need a last minute score to catch up.

As far as the current season, if you can't see the marked difference in the way this team has played before the bye vs after it, I simply don't know what to tell you. We got outplayed in the 2nd half by a poor GB team. We lost to the Jets, we choked against the Vikings, we let the Browns hang around until the end (and likely would have lost against a better team), and needed a last minute FG to beat a mediocre Detroit squad. Obviously injuries have contributed, but most of the injuries have been on D and the O has been struggling too, so it's not just that. We got lucky with the schedule, because if we played the Chiefs, Titans and Fish the way we played the Packers, Lions and Browns, we would have gone 0-3. Something changed during the bye and this just isn't the team that many people thought it was.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      Well we are talking about a couple of different things going on here. First, the long-term record: Overall, this team has a winning record by a long shot, yet they have a LOSING record in one-score games. And, assuming your numbers are correct cuz I'm too lazy to double check, that means we are talking about 29 games over a 3+ year period, so it's a pretty large sample size.

People keep telling me that this team is different, the past doesn't matter.... Fine, fair enough. But one thing that isn't different than the past: I still expect this team to blow close games late, because they still do it frequently. You just posted the numbers. It doesn't feel any different than the drought years when we need to keep a team from tying/taking the lead late, or we need a last minute score to catch up.

As far as the current season, if you can't see the marked difference in the way this team has played before the bye vs after it, I simply don't know what to tell you. We got outplayed in the 2nd half by a poor GB team. We lost to the Jets, we choked against the Vikings, we let the Browns hang around until the end (and likely would have lost against a better team), and needed a last minute FG to beat a mediocre Detroit squad. Obviously injuries have contributed, but most of the injuries have been on D and the O has been struggling too, so it's not just that. We got lucky with the schedule, because if we played the Chiefs, Titans and Fish the way we played the Packers, Lions and Browns, we would have gone 0-3. Something changed during the bye and this just isn't the team that many people thought it was.
      It's not rocket science. It's a mixture of Josh turning the ball over more, proably because he's hurt and losing some key players on D. Whining endlessly doesn't help.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
        It's not rocket science. It's a mixture of Josh turning the ball over more, proably because he's hurt and losing some key players on D. Whining endlessly doesn't help.
        I don't know why people think that mentioning real things that actually happened constitutes "whining." This board exists to discuss the team, the team hasn't been good since the bye.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

I don't know why people think that mentioning real things that actually happened constitutes "whining." This board exists to discuss the team, the team hasn't been good since the bye.
          ok then. Carry on.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

You are using the word "contender" to mean any team given the opportunity to contend.

I am using "contender" to mean actually having the talent to win it, not simply being allowed to show up.
            I am using a fact.

You are using an opinion.

Just keep proving my point, I don't mind.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              I am using a fact.

You are using an opinion.

Just keep proving my point, I don't mind.
              No, we are using a word that can be used in different contexts. Sports broadcasters spend all off-season discussing which teams are contenders and which teams aren't, meaning which teams actually have a shot at the title. You are being obtuse and completely ignoring the FACT that the word "contender" is frequently used to mean teams that actually have the talent to win the title, and not simply every team that is technically allowed to compete.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

It's not the real things that actually happened that people 'whine' about.

It's the real things that haven't happened yet that you consistently insist on claiming will, and are a foregone conclusion.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

They are 8-3.

Close this stupid asinine thread already.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                    They are 8-3.

Close this stupid asinine thread already.
                    I feel like I'm getting gaslit here.

They just keep playing poorly and everyone here just keeps ignoring it and insisting everything will be ok, as if the last 5 games didn't happen. It's insane.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

I feel like I'm getting gaslit here.

They just keep playing poorly and everyone here just keeps ignoring it and insisting everything will be ok, as if the last 5 games didn't happen. It's insane.
                      They

Are

and

The only one gaslighting here is you.

Shut up

Go away

You only come here to either gloat when they lose, or gripe when they win. You are not a fan.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                        They

Are

and

The only one gaslighting here is you.

Shut up

Go away

You only come here to either gloat when they lose, or gripe when they win. You are not a fan.
                        Did you not see how they played for the last 5 games? It’s nowhere near SB contention. It’s not even playoff contention. They got off to a hit start and trailed off. It’s happened many times before and it’s happening again. But you and many others are clinging to what happened 6 weeks ago instead of what is happening now.

And as usual, it’s easier to make it about me supposedly not being a fan than to accept the reality of what’s happening.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

Imagine starting a thread like this and complaining that people are 'making it about you.'

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                            Imagine starting a thread like this and complaining that people are 'making it about you.'
                            I didn’t start this thread about me. I started it about how poorly the team has been playing. It’s just easier to deflect and make it about me than to acknowledge that reality.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

I feel bad for the Chiefs being eliminated from Super Bowl contention due to only getting 1 TD in 6 trips in the red zone vs the ****ty Rams.

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                                I feel bad for the Chiefs being eliminated from Super Bowl contention due to only getting 1 TD in 6 trips in the red zone vs the ****ty Rams.
                                They had one bad game. WE HAD FIVE STRAIGHT. And they still have a better record than us, and still lead their division, which we don't.
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X