• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: We got the win, but...

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Once again, not my schtick. 2-2 since the bye. Me being wrong about the start doesn't change the reality of where the team is now. We're getting lit up by Kirk Cousins and Jacoby Brissett. Nothing I said before changes that. Nothing I'm saying now changes that. Facts are facts.
    Is it a fact that no Superbowl winning team has ever gone 2-2 after a bye week? Or given up yards to a QB like Kirk Cousins? Where do you come up with this nonsense?

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

Sometimes you just need to win. Like last week. Very important victory. On to Detroit.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
        The week of zero practice planning woulda been a nightmare. The secondary is weak. We know that. Bills played 2.25 quarters of offense and still had a monstrous lead into the mid 4th. They won. They should have won. They didn’t have to game plan for the chiefs that didn’t look great against the Chargers offensively until late fourth WTR btw.

Josh isn’t right … Poyer , me , JATM, Tackling D and Mace are playing secondary.

it wasn’t as bad considering what transpired during the week. I can’t imagine how they would have played with a full practice Thursday And Friday putting in the plans.

wanna stick this game into the 2 game slide and call it a trend… you do you.

it’s Lions time. What happened Sunday means nothing. It is a story and doesn’t exist.
        But it's not just the week of zero practice. It's 4 straight weeks where this team has performed poorly. It's not me calling it a trend. Objectively, it IS a trend. And saying it doesn't exist is just epic BS. It does exist. It happened less than 48 hours ago, and in just over 48 hours from now, we'll be playing again.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
          Is it a fact that no Superbowl winning team has ever gone 2-2 after a bye week? Or given up yards to a QB like Kirk Cousins? Where do you come up with this nonsense?
          I don't know about those specific stats. I do know that SB teams do not play poorly for FOUR CONSECUTIVE GAMES.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
            • Nov 2007

I don't know about those specific stats. I do know that SB teams do not play poorly for FOUR CONSECUTIVE GAMES.
            The rams started 7-1 last year and lost their next 3

the bucs in 2020 started 7-5

and that’s just the last two years.
            I came.
            I saw.
            I conquered.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
              The rams started 7-1 last year and lost their next 3

the bucs in 2020 started 7-5

and that’s just the last two years.
              Fair enough.

I don't have any comment about the Rams because I didn't pay much attention to them last year.

The Bucs had a new QB in Brady. But, as much as I hate him, he's also Brady. They had growing pains, but once he got to the playoffs, he's been there more than anyone ever has or ever will.

And on a semi-related note, that's what scares me about this season. Clearly, the Bucs aren't that good, but their division is such hot garbage that they'll probably win it with a very mediocre record, maybe even a losing record. And we all know what can happen once Brady gets in. No, I'm not saying they're going to win the SB, but I do think they'll upset a team or 2 if they get in. I just want to enjoy Brady-free playoffs and I don't think that's going to happen.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

The Giants won the Superbowl as a 6 seed going 9-7, with a span of 4 consecutive losses and losing 5 of 6. In 4 of those games in a row, they gave up 36 points per game. You know, the vaunted defense that held Brady to 17 points in the Superbowl.

That defense also gave up over 300 yards passing to a combination of Tarvaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst, they gave up 331 yards to Sam Bradford, 363 yards and 4 TDs to Brees, 320 yards and 4 TDs to Romo...

I would bet there are a lot of examples of Superbowl winning teams struggling against lesser teams. No one wins every game by 30 points.

You're just being over emotional, like usual.

I don't even think we're going to win the Superbowl, but to act like there's no chance? Don't be such a baby.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

The Giants won the Superbowl as a 6 seed going 9-7, with a span of 4 consecutive losses and losing 5 of 6. In 4 of those games in a row, they gave up 36 points per game. You know, the vaunted defense that held Brady to 17 points in the Superbowl.

That defense also gave up over 300 yards passing to a combination of Tarvaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst, they gave up 331 yards to Sam Bradford, 363 yards and 4 TDs to Brees, 320 yards and 4 TDs to Romo...

I would bet there are a lot of examples of Superbowl winning teams struggling against lesser teams. No one wins every game by 30 points.

You're just being over emotional, like usual.

I don't even think we're going to win the Superbowl, but to act like there's no chance? Don't be such a baby.
                  You're using the exception to prove the rule.

There never was a chance. I mean, technically, there's always a chance. That's why they play the games. But realistically, we were always overrated and aren't a legit contender. That's what I've been saying for months.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TheConsigliere
                    • Aug 2022

YOU STILL SUCK

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

We win the winnable games (and the Chiefs drop one) and we won't have to worry about any power teams until the AFC Championship, and it'll be in Buffalo.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

You're using the exception to prove the rule.
                        You think I can't find other examples of Superbowl winning teams that have struggled during the regular season for a few games? That was my first attempt.

But realistically, we were always overrated and aren't a legit contender. That's what I've been saying for months.
                        We aren't as overrated as you've been saying we are. You predicted 3-5, you were as wrong as you've ever been about that.

Comment

• notacon
                          • Aug 2012

Once again, all I did was stare the facts, as of yesterday.
                          Lmao. Look at the facts over the last 4 games. SB is a pipe dream
                          I’ve shared the “facts” as well....

It’s a FACT that just because the Jets and Fins already beat us, that it means they have any more chance of doing so again….they DON’T.
                          It’s a FACT that the Bills have beaten each of the other first place teams in the three other divisions in the AFC, BAL, KC & TN…holding the tie breaker over each.
                          It’s a FACT that they have seven wins, 2nd best in the AFC.
                          It’s a FACT that the Bills SOS of .554 is the toughest of all present 7 playoff teams in the AFC, and second overall in the AFC.
                          It’s a FACT that their SOV of .493, is the highest in the AFC.
                          It’s a FACT that the Bills scoring differential is #1 in the NFL at 107. #2 in the AFC is 37% worse, KC at 67.
                          It’s a FACT that the Bills are the #2 scoring offence at 28.1, less than 2 points behind #1 KC at 30.
                          It’s a FACT the Bills are #4 in defensive scoring in the NFL at 17.4 PPG….just .7 less than #1 Dallas.
                          It’s a FACT that the Bills are #2 in offense yards per game.
                          It’s a FACT that the three losses of the Bills by a TOTAL of only eight points.
                          It’s a FACT the Bills defense has had only THREE starters that have played in every game.
                          It’s a FACT that there are 7 games to be played, with FOUR within the division.
                          It’s a FACT that you have been the biggest cynic of the Bills for years.
                          It’s a FACT that your predictions of doom and gloom are much more likely to be WRONG than correct.

I’m not a loser talk cynic that almost ALWAYS predicts the sky is falling.

It is YOU that are choosing to “put your head in the sand” and ignore the very real FACTS that show the Bills are STILL one of the best teams in the NFL.

Reasonable people (and non-Negative Nancy’s) wait until the Bills **** the bed before burying them.

And I also shared these facts.

After 10 games....

2021 - LA Rams is 7-3, coming off two loses in a row...and then adding a third in a row to fall to 7-4. Then rattle off 5 in a row before dropping the last game of the season in OT. Finish 12-5, win Super Bowl.

2021 - Cincy is 6-4, losing two of the previous three games, the go on to lose TWO more of the next three and drop to 7-6. Win three of the last four and finish 10-7. Go to Super Bowl.

2020 - Tampa is 7-3 after the second loss, getting their ass beat by New Orleans....blow out score of 38-3. They lose two of their next three games falling to 7-5. Win last four games, finishing 11-5, win Super Bowl.

2020 - KC is on top of the world, after losing their first game vs Vegas, go on a 10 game winning streak (until dropping the last meaningless game of the year). Finish 14-2. Get their asses handed to them in the Super Bowl.

2019 - KC is 6-4 after losing two of the previous three games, and FOUR of the previous six games. Finish the year with a six game win streak, end season with 14-4 record. Win Super Bowl.

Teams have bumps in the road. Usually what’s important is to get hot at the right time.

Anyone who is dismissing the Bills chances because they (oh horrors!!!) lost two in a row in very close games and were beat by the Jets and Miami in the same very close margin, are ignoring history and the reality of the NFL.

Opi’s problem is how he analyzes the “facts” always....and I mean ALWAYS in a negative, pessimistic, cynical, Negative Nancy way when it comes to the Bills. It’s a pretty perverse and sick way to illustrate being a “fan” of the team.

Hey, you want to spend the season in the gutter, wallowing in your own misery??? That’s your choice and YOUR problem. Coming here and spreading your **** is divisive and a form of trolling.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by TheConsigliere View Post
                            YOU STILL SUCK
                            I thought you went to that other site that was more Putin loving, not to come back?

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                              We win the winnable games (and the Chiefs drop one) and we won't have to worry about any power teams until the AFC Championship, and it'll be in Buffalo.
                              That would be the case.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                                • Mar 2015

You think I can't find other examples of Superbowl winning teams that have struggled during the regular season for a few games? That was my first attempt.

We aren't as overrated as you've been saying we are. You predicted 3-5, you were as wrong as you've ever been about that.
                                If we had to do them over right now, we'd be lucky to go 3-5.

Comment

Working...
                                X