2. Post thanked by:

Novacane (12-05-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,418 Times in 7,288 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: We got the win, but...

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    …what’s the health of Kim Pegula?
    If we don't find out soon I don't even want to win a championship!

Thanks
    Thanked 26,305 Times in 13,732 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    McDermott is literally undefeated after bye weeks with the Bills, and this year we started the first half against the Packers up 24-7. Jesus christ you cherry pick your statistics worse than anyone I've ever seen.
    If you don't see the marked decline in play after the bye vs before it, you are being intentionally daft.

If we get the first round bye, we won't get to play the Packers after the bye this time. We'll have to play a playoff team that already won one playoff game. There's no way we beat any team capable of winning a playoff game if we play as poorly as we did against the Packers.
    Last edited by OpIv37; 12-05-2022 at 01:03 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    If you don't see the marked decline in play after the bye vs before it, you are being intentionally daft.

If we get the first round bye, we won't get to play the Packers after the bye this time. We'll have to play a playoff team that already won one playoff game. There's no way we beat any team capable of winning a playoff game if we play as poorly as we did against the Packers.
    I guess with your logic, we should lose just enough to get the #2 seed then??

For the 2022 Bills: Past failures don't guarantee future failures, just as past successes don't guarantee future success.

My stance from last week stays the same:
    - There's a lot of games left to be played.
    - There's parity in the NFL, especially at the top of the AFC.
    - We are Super Bowl contenders. We will make the playoffs this year.
    - There is no guarantee we maintain the AFC #1 seed by the end of the regular season.
    - Allen and the Bills are mature enough to fight hard in every game, regardless of what playoff seed we are.
    - KC may be the standard. Bengals may be the scariest team in the NFL right now. But I don't expect the Bills to take a page out of your mind and bow to Burrow or Mahomes.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Prove to me that it was the bye week that caused the 'marked decline in play' and not injuries/play calling/etc.

7. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-06-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Prove to me that it was the bye week that caused the 'marked decline in play' and not injuries/play calling/etc.
    I can't. But we still have injuries. We still have the same people calling plays. Something changed after the bye and whatever it is hasn't changed back.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lexwhat View Post
    I guess with your logic, we should lose just enough to get the #2 seed then??

For the 2022 Bills: Past failures don't guarantee future failures, just as past successes don't guarantee future success.

My stance from last week stays the same:
    - There's a lot of games left to be played.
    - There's parity in the NFL, especially at the top of the AFC.
    - We are Super Bowl contenders. We will make the playoffs this year.
    - There is no guarantee we maintain the AFC #1 seed by the end of the regular season.
    - Allen and the Bills are mature enough to fight hard in every game, regardless of what playoff seed we are.
    - KC may be the standard. Bengals may be the scariest team in the NFL right now. But I don't expect the Bills to take a page out of your mind and bow to Burrow or Mahomes.
    I agree that we will make the playoffs now. At this point, it would take an epic choke not to make it.
    I don't agree that we are SB contenders. I've seen nothing since the bye to make me believe we can beat the top teams in the conference, let alone Philly or Dallas or even Minny if we somehow made it that far.
    I don't think we will keep the #1 seed. KC's schedule is just too easy.
    I don't think the Bills will necessarily "bow" to Mahomes or Burrow. I just don't think they are playing well enough to actually beat them. Injuries, playcalling, whatever it is- it's just not the same team that we saw in Sept and Oct.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I can't. But we still have injuries. We still have the same people calling plays. Something changed after the bye and whatever it is hasn't changed back.
    5-1 before the bye, 4-2 after the bye.

Did we really play better against the Ravens or in the loss to the Dolphins before the bye than we did against the Patriots or the Browns? Didn't we start down 20-3 against the Ravens? Why don't I hear anything about how poorly we played in that game? Because it doesn't fit your narrative about the bye week?

You don't give the Lions credit for being an up and coming team, but they're 4-1 in their last 5 games (their loss against us) and they're favored against the Vikings. We beat them in the same fashion we beat the Lions pretty much, a late field goal.

11. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (12-06-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,593 Times in 6,148 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

True the Chiefs have a mediocre schedule but:

Seahawks or Raiders on an upswing might give em a couple good tests!

But it doesn't matter .... healthy we beat anybody in front of us JMHO.
    33*60*95*128*141*144*160*163*204*221

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

5-1 before the bye, 4-2 after the bye.

Did we really play better against the Ravens or in the loss to the Dolphins before the bye than we did against the Patriots or the Browns? Didn't we start down 20-3 against the Ravens? Why don't I hear anything about how poorly we played in that game? Because it doesn't fit your narrative about the bye week?

You don't give the Lions credit for being an up and coming team, but they're 4-1 in their last 5 games (their loss against us) and they're favored against the Vikings. We beat them in the same fashion we beat the Lions pretty much, a late field goal.
    Why don't you hear about how we played poorly in a comeback win on the road against one of the conference's top teams? Gimme a ****ing break. The Lions have the worst D in the NFL in terms of YPG and are 2nd worst in PPG. Yet somehow they took us down to the wire. You honestly can't see the difference in needing a last second FG to beat the Ravens vs doing the same thing vs the Lions? It's a HUGE difference.

The Dolphins game was an anomaly because of the heat. No, we did not play well, but that was the only game before the bye where the team didn't look good.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,902 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why don't you hear about how we played poorly in a comeback win on the road against one of the conference's top teams? Gimme a ****ing break. The Lions have the worst D in the NFL in terms of YPG and are 2nd worst in PPG. Yet somehow they took us down to the wire. You honestly can't see the difference in needing a last second FG to beat the Ravens vs doing the same thing vs the Lions? It's a HUGE difference.

The Dolphins game was an anomaly because of the heat. No, we did not play well, but that was the only game before the bye where the team didn't look good.
    we get it

no matter what. the bills will lose
    their past wins don't count because they didn't play well
    their past losses count no matter the circumstances
    everyone else will win
    the sky is falling
    they have no shot when they get to the playoffs
    everyone else is perfect
    rinse. lather. repeat.

some of the attacks on you are over the line
    but this is epic trolling at its finest
    Last edited by kscdogbillsfan1221; 12-06-2022 at 02:25 AM.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

15. Post thanked by:

Novacane (12-06-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    we get it

no matter what. the bills will lose
    their past wins don't count because they didn't play well
    their past losses count no matter the circumstances
    everyone else will win
    the sky is falling
    they have no shot when they get to the playoffs
    everyone else is perfect
    rinse. lather. repeat.

some of the attacks on you are over the line
    but this is epic trolling at its finest
    Losses count in the standings no matter how good or bad the team played. So do wins, but it's absurd to think that uninspiring wins over bad teams will translate to wins over good teams. That's not trolling. It's just reality.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I agree that we will make the playoffs now. At this point, it would take an epic choke not to make it.
    I don't agree that we are SB contenders. I've seen nothing since the bye to make me believe we can beat the top teams in the conference, let alone Philly or Dallas or even Minny if we somehow made it that far.
    I don't think the Bills will necessarily "bow" to Mahomes or Burrow. I just don't think they are playing well enough to actually beat them. Injuries, playcalling, whatever it is- it's just not the same team that we saw in Sept and Oct.
    I said we are Super Bowl contenders. I didn't say we are Super Bowl favorites. NO ONE else in the league is a super bowl "favorite." There's no historic 2007 Patriots team in the league this year.

The AFC champ will likely be between Buffalo, Miami, KC, or Cincy. Baltimore is possible but depends on Lamar's health.
    The NFC champ will likely be between Philly, Dallas, or Minnesota. San Fran is possible but depends on their QB situation.

That is your opinion that we aren't Super Bowl contenders. I will respect your opinion, even though I disagree and almost any neutral observer says Buffalo is a contender.

Again, your statement "I just don't think they are playing well enough to actually beat them" is meaningless. I'm not sure why someone (like you) who has followed football for decades doesn't understand that the NFL season has ups and downs for every team. I keep telling you that Bengals and Chiefs have played some pretty BAD/AVERAGE football games this year, but it seems that point is lost on you.

The Bills roster is well-built overall, with some weaknesses just like the rest of the super bowl contenders I mentioned above. I think our roster is actually much better than last year, when our Defensive line was severely overrated. The games will play out, and I feel that Buffalo is going to peak at the right time barring further major injuries.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,700 Times in 7,760 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Except the Bills did NOT “play poorly” against the Packers. If you think that delusion that is opposite of plain reality, you are being intentionally daft.

The Bills beat the crap out of the Packers. The outcome was never in doubt.

Yes, Josh had a brain fart and threw an INT at the GB 3 yard line with 10 min left in the game, ahead by SEVENTEEN POINTS!!! So what?!?!?

Green Bay scored one more TD, with 6:32 left in the game, which STILL had the Bills 10 points up. This is fairly typical in so many NFL games.

They never scored another point.

Your observations and analysis skills are for ****. Just like your prediction skills. Literally ZERO credibly.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

NOmer loser talk.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I said we are Super Bowl contenders. I didn't say we are Super Bowl favorites. NO ONE else in the league is a super bowl "favorite." There's no historic 2007 Patriots team in the league this year.

The AFC champ will likely be between Buffalo, Miami, KC, or Cincy. Baltimore is possible but depends on Lamar's health.
    The NFC champ will likely be between Philly, Dallas, or Minnesota. San Fran is possible but depends on their QB situation.

That is your opinion that we aren't Super Bowl contenders. I will respect your opinion, even though I disagree and almost any neutral observer says Buffalo is a contender.

Again, your statement "I just don't think they are playing well enough to actually beat them" is meaningless. I'm not sure why someone (like you) who has followed football for decades doesn't understand that the NFL season has ups and downs for every team. I keep telling you that Bengals and Chiefs have played some pretty BAD/AVERAGE football games this year, but it seems that point is lost on you.

The Bills roster is well-built overall, with some weaknesses just like the rest of the super bowl contenders I mentioned above. I think our roster is actually much better than last year, when our Defensive line was severely overrated. The games will play out, and I feel that Buffalo is going to peak at the right time barring further major injuries.

Yes, the Chiefs and Bengals have had some bad/average games this year. We had 5 in a row, and while the win over NE was good, they're so bad offensively that I can't let 1 game override the previous 5. The consistency of the poor performances is why I just can't see the Bills as a real contender.

Even the best teams lose. There's only been 1 undefeated season since they started playing 16 games- the Pats- and they didn't even win the SB that year. The difference is that we aren't talking about a really good team that played 1 or 2 bad games over the course of a season. It's 5 straight weeks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Your observations and analysis skills are for ****. Just like your prediction skills. Literally ZERO credibly.
    Case in point:

OP should go to Chiefs Planet site, or watch the KC games himself. After the Bengals loss, people are ready to hang their GM Brett Veach and blame him for their "mess" of an OLine and lack of pass rush from their DLine. Not exactly something that inspires confidence.
    IMO, there is no team in the league who has invested more in their OLine than the Chiefs. Their interior OLine is elite. He made amazing draft picks with C Creed Humphrey and G Trey Smith. He gave a massive contract to G Joe Thuney. Their Tackles aren't great. Veach traded the Ravens a high pick for LT Orlando Brown. Brown has made insane contract demands (which I suspect was a reason they traded away Tyreek Hill) and has been a liability at LT. Nothing would make me happier as a Bills fan than seeing KC make Orlando Brown the highest paid LT in the league.

22. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-06-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, the Chiefs and Bengals have had some bad/average games this year. We had 5 in a row, and while the win over NE was good, they're so bad offensively that I can't let 1 game override the previous 5. The consistency of the poor performances is why I just can't see the Bills as a real contender.
    Even the best teams lose. There's only been 1 undefeated season since they started playing 16 games- the Pats- and they didn't even win the SB that year. The difference is that we aren't talking about a really good team that played 1 or 2 bad games over the course of a season. It's 5 straight weeks.

No it wasn't 5 straight weeks of bad/average. As I said before, this team can (and will) adjust, unless we (for example) lose 3-5 defensive starters / Josh Allen / Diggs.

The Jets game was bad and, to date, the embarrassment of the year. The Vikings game was below-average and another embarrassment.

The Lions are a damn good team who we beat on the Road. I didn't expect to blow them out. We did what we had to do to win.
    The Browns are also tough. 2 weeks before we beat them, the Browns destroyed the Bengals who you claimed are elite.
    The Packers game 2nd half was bad. 2 weeks after we beat them, the Packers beat the Cowboys who you claimed are elite.

It's the NFL. You really won't be happy unless we blow teams out every week.

I'm looking forward to the next few weeks. This team will be peaking.

24. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-06-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No it wasn't 5 straight weeks of bad/average. As I said before, this team can (and will) adjust, unless we (for example) lose 3-5 defensive starters / Josh Allen / Diggs.

The Jets game was bad and, to date, the embarrassment of the year. The Vikings game was below-average and another embarrassment.

The Lions are a damn good team who we beat on the Road. I didn't expect to blow them out. We did what we had to do to win.
    The Browns are also tough. 2 weeks before we beat them, the Browns destroyed the Bengals who you claimed are elite.
    The Packers game 2nd half was bad. 2 weeks after we beat them, the Packers beat the Cowboys who you claimed are elite.

It's the NFL. You really won't be happy unless we blow teams out every week.

I'm looking forward to the next few weeks. This team will be peaking.
    Spot on.

There is a reason why no team has gone undefeated in FIFTY ****ing years.

The Bills lost three very close games, that they could have easily won.

If they got blown out from one or more teams, that’s a different story, or lost to a really BAD team....like KC did vs Indy.

Cincy got their asses handed to them vs Cleveland. 32-13. A team that Buffalo handled quite easily.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,418 Times in 7,288 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What's your take on todays game Opi? Do we have any shot against Miami?

27. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (12-11-2022)