Balls and Goats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The last buffalo fan
    I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
    • Sep 2004

Re: Balls and Goats

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I’ve been called far worse.
    I agree, that was weak.
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

I can see DraftBoys perspective to a point. Every NFL season is going to be 17+ games and we are locked into the ebbs and flows of Josh Allens world. We need to be better as a team. Josh loves to throw his body around like a rag doll -- then he jumps up gets in the defenders faces yelling at them. It's absolute bull**** and complete mis-management of the biggest asset we have to allow that continue.

McDermotts version of Josh Allen football is not sustainable. We are constantly faced with this reality and live in denial because the upside is so exciting to think about. Thought we got rid of that ****? Why don't be bring back Donahoe?

The coaches need to build a through line that holds the mental toughness in place. Our method of coaching and the system does not allow this to happen. The team is weak because the coaches do not have the proper foundations built. The growth mindset renders this on teams I have been through it too many times. It can really bite you when the pressure is on. There is a likelihood this team has plateaued under McDermott unless McDermott applies his own philosophy and changes at the rate required for us to win. But he hasn't done so yet we pretty much have the same staleness in the defense and an offense that enjoys Josh Allen's self punishment until something pops up and renders him a fraction of what he can be.

Even if it is someone else's mistakes that are causing problems -- McDermott doesn't step in and have control. Huge things blow up in our faces because of this. McDermott did the hiring you can't pass it off onto someone else. This isn't the government where they can just pass the buck around -- nobody has any real ownership -- there is no where to place the blame -- and they just keep collecting their paychecks.

At some point we are going to have to face the buck stops at McDermott and he owns everything that goes wrong. Myself, I think there are plenty of things that seem to be off the rails both in the big picture and the little picture.

So give Allen a goat for that play ... but give McDermott one too!

Comment

• Gibby 2.0
        The things I get you to say
        • Oct 2019

If a player is on the field that expectation of what he is supposed to do doesn’t change. If Allen was as good as we needed him to be yesterday we don’t need a last second drive, right?

There is only one goal every year and that’s to win the Super Bowl, everything else is a failure. We can’t win a Super Bowl with the way Allen played yesterday.

But it was nice to see him play improve, just hope it comes back to the place where we need it to be.
        One could say that about Pat Mahomes. Using your logic, if he was as good as claimed then he wouldn't have needed what 4 final drives to win games this year? Guess he blows huh? Yet, I can't find many chefs fans out there whining about 9-2
        Insert whimsical line here

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Gibby 2.0 View Post
          One could say that about Pat Mahomes. Using your logic, if he was as good as claimed then he wouldn't have needed what 4 final drives to win games this year? Guess he blows huh? Yet, I can't find many chefs fans out there whining about 9-2
          Sure, it can work for a number of players.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Gibby 2.0
            The things I get you to say
            • Oct 2019

Sure, it can work for a number of players.
            Do you think if its Keenum and not Allen that they win? Who do you want back there late in the 4th? Just curious.
            Insert whimsical line here

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

We had some dropsies yesterday but Josh just kept chucking it!

The guy is a Warrior.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
              163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Because you don’t get a game ball for having a few good drives when the rest was the same **** we’ve been seeing. He was better, but he was nowhere near where he should be.
                I was going by this, if most of his play is crap and he’s nowhere where he should be, I would think you would want to sit him. This is the NFL, you play like crap you should be pulled. Silly isn’t it.
                Retired Air Traffic Controller
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• kgun12
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                  331 combined yards, 3 combined TDs, game winning drive with 23 seconds left. Several drops by the receivers.
                  Definitely a goat.

Unreal.
                  There are probably 20 teams that would take these stats, including sone teams fight for a playoff spot.
                  USAF VETERAN
                  DAV

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Gibby 2.0 View Post
                    Do you think if its Keenum and not Allen that they win? Who do you want back there late in the 4th? Just curious.
                    If it's Keenum then I'm not watching the game. Allen, Ive never said or suggested differently.

If you guys think being critical of a franchise QB who didn't play like we've seen him play dozens of times before then I don't know what to tell you.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                      I was going by this, if most of his play is crap and he’s nowhere where he should be, I would think you would want to sit him. This is the NFL, you play like crap you should be pulled. Silly isn’t it.
                      Well that's an inference issue on your end.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

Well that's an inference issue on your end.
                        True, but you make it sound like he sucks, is he playing up to Josh standards no but damn. And he’s freakin hurt!
                        Last edited by kgun12; 11-25-2022, 05:06 AM.
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

I can see not giving him a game ball because he threw another RZ int and airmailed some other passes. Giving him a goat? That's

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey was taking a beating on social media for much of Thursday’s game, which is typical. At about this time last year, Brian Daboll was going through the same thing. Dorsey hasn’t shown a ton of creativity, but his unit came through at the end when it mattered most. Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier had to start sending more pressure because the edge rushers weren’t consistently getting Goff off his spot. The Bills definitely have some work to do defensively, but Frazier is coaching quite shorthanded with all the injuries on his side of the ball. Sean McDermott is now 3-0 on Thanksgiving. The Bills handled both end-of-half situations well with the clock, which ended up being huge to the outcome. A lot has been thrown at the team over the past week, and in that time, it’s 2-0. Not every win is going to be pretty.’

~ BuffaloNews ~
                            Last edited by Woodman; 11-25-2022, 05:18 AM.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
                            163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                              True, but you make it sound like he sucks, is he playing up to Josh standards no but damn. And he’s freakin hurt!
                              You said yourself, he’s not playing up to his standard. Discussion over.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

• Bill Cody
                                • Sep 2004

You said yourself, he’s not playing up to his standard. Discussion over.
                                Your posts in this thread make no sense. Discussion over.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍