• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

The D and their Health

Players on D missing extended time/games this year

Hyde, Poyer, White, Elam, Benford, Jackson, Edmunds, Milano, Oliver, Phillips, Settle, Rousseau, Epenesa and now Miller.

Why the struggles ? No need to contact Holmes on Baker St.

And yet they are still 8-3

Spite
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: The D and their Health

Do we need to be paying more attention to conditioning?

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
      Do we need to be paying more attention to conditioning?
      Naw, that won't help with ankle injuries.

Comment

• mightysimi
        Buckle me in on the highway of sin
        • Mar 2010

I'm excited about getting some of those guys back and well rested for the run.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
          Ankle pumps are what they have you do after a knee replacement.

You can always condition.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
            Players on D missing extended time/games this year

Hyde, Poyer, White, Elam, Benford, Jackson, Edmunds, Milano, Oliver, Phillips, Settle, Rousseau, Epenesa and now Miller.

Why the struggles ? No need to contact Holmes on Baker St.

And yet they are still 8-3

Spite
            Like I said in another thread. I don’t think there is another team that could have had this many injuries and would be 8-3, especially with their QB hurt!
            Retired Air Traffic Controller
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
              • Sep 2004

I'm sorry guys, go Bills!
              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

You can always condition.
                Those are to prevent DVT post op

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Those are to prevent DVT post op
                  Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)

My ankles feel stronger already.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

****, it’s not for your penis?

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                      ****, it’s not for your penis?

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

You are aware that just sometimes they list the wrong injury location by accident or is it on purpose I can't remember right now.

The question remains are we a well conditioned team?

Some of these guys just look a bit gassed too often to me.

Maybe a few should be running laps lots of laps.

Endurance has its advantages.

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

The injuries are absolutely huge, but I feel they've progressively upgraded talent level to overcome scheme weakness. "Well, when we have enough talent it will work." Sure, but enough talent will overcome just about anything if you load up on enough of it.

I see a consistency when all the talent isn't there. The soft pass coverage and being gashed by running games, tackling problems ("that's the way to do it men, slap at their shoulders"). They plug in less talent and hope it works doing the same things. I think it's pretty conclusive it doesn't work.

Talented coaching will innovate, adapt and adjust to compensate. McFrazier is not capable of any of those. I think that's also conclusive in their 6th year.

Injuries are also, frankly a problem in banking on filling holes with aging vet fa's. That's why you pay attention to your talent pipeline.

These less experienced guys are getting blooded. It will make them better in the long term, and that's encouraging for sustained success in the long run, but they've overbalanced for the short run.

This team could have gone to the Super Bowl with last year's roster. Sure they're 8-3. I'm happy about it. But the scheme as it stands is butter waiting for hot knives every week. It's blue skies to think every one will be back for a playoff run, we're not even cemented into the playoffs yet.

On the defensive side, McFrazier needs to prove their years of defensive experience actually add something to the equation. There's a limit to how much talent you can realistically load a roster with, and we're about at it. Whether it gets hurt or not is always a wild card.

Imho.
                          Last edited by Mace; 11-25-2022, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

You are aware that just sometimes they list the wrong injury location by accident or is it on purpose I can't remember right now.

The question remains are we a well conditioned team?

Some of these guys just look a bit gassed too often to me.

Maybe a few should be running laps lots of laps.

Endurance has its advantages.
                            I have questioned if some of these symptoms were not due to the style of rotation they employ. They try to vertically load the effort across the roster as best they can and end up opposing players who are fresh coming off the bench for example.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              The injuries are absolutely huge, but I feel they've progressively upgraded talent level to overcome scheme weakness. "Well, when we have enough talent it will work." Sure, but enough talent will overcome just about anything if you load up on enough of it.

I see a consistency when all the talent isn't there. The soft pass coverage and being gashed by running games, tackling problems ("that's the way to do it men, slap at their shoulders"). They plug in less talent and hope it works doing the same things. I think it's pretty conclusive it doesn't work.

Talented coaching will innovate, adapt and adjust to compensate. McFrazier is not capable of any of those. I think that's also conclusive in their 6th year.

Injuries are also, frankly a problem in banking on filling holes with aging vet fa's. That's why you pay attention to your talent pipeline.

These less experienced guys are getting blooded. It will make them better in the long term, and that's encouraging for sustained success in the long run, but they've overbalanced for the short run.

This team could have gone to the Super Bowl with last year's roster. Sure they're 8-3. I'm happy about it. But the scheme as it stands is butter waiting for hot knives every week. It's blue skies to think every one will be back for a playoff run, we're not even cemented into the playoffs yet.

On the defensive side, McFrazier needs to prove their years of defensive experience actually add something to the equation. There's a limit to how much talent you can realistically load a roster with, and we're about at it. Whether it gets hurt or not is always a wild card.

Imho.
                              They are really huge on what they are asking the players to do ... they need to worry more about giving them the things they can do best. Especially when the youth starts to enter the lineup. Just having people get caught up because they are struggling to know what they have to do -- then whining about poor execution is escapist bull****.

Comment

Working...
                              X