Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The D and their Health

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The D and their Health

I honestly think these guys have a very rigorous system they expect people to do no matter what....and then they give them some notes and said they were taught.

Then they expect everyone to know and execute the system except Josh Allen, who pretty much has a blank check to do whatever feels right to him ... which in turn means the whole team is pivoting on Josh Allen's whim. It's a recipe for a nice persistent train-wreck.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Josh Allen doesn't deserve a goat for the train wrecks either ... McDermott does.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    I honestly think these guys have a very rigorous system they expect people to do no matter what....and then they give them some notes and said they were taught.

Then they expect everyone to know and execute the system except Josh Allen, who pretty much has a blank check to do whatever feels right to him ... which in turn means the whole team is pivoting on Josh Allen's whim. It's a recipe for a nice persistent train-wreck.
    Yeah, I damn well know McFrazier is not going to suddenly get adaptive and creative. Aggravates me. I mean we've had 6 years of "how to tackle" issues. But some keep giving them a flyer, and I have to keep pointing it out because to me it's glaring. We have not been facing prime Peyton Mannings or Tom Bradys while getting sliced and diced by opponent passing games.

Thing is, whatever you do, if you do it long enough, you know tricks and tips around problems, if you don't, you just don't comprehend what you're doing well enough to be any good at it.

I don't think they have a rigorous system at all, it looks pretty simple, except for the QB and the MLB. Everyone else just does basic things. If anything goes bad, it's up to the QB or MLB to rescue it. If things are going bad, you don't see a coach rallying the troops on the sideline, you don't see players clustered around a coach pointing things out on a laptop, it's plug and play while the coaches clap or frown but look encouraging.

The Bills are very simple, you either overwhelm them with everything working, or it's a crapshoot what happens next and hope for the best.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Buffalo has had several consecutive years where they had among the lowest number of injuries in the league with the same strength and conditioning staff and presumably a pretty similar training regimen to what they had this season. Whatever the issue is this season, I don't really think it comes down to strength and conditioning.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

5. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (12-01-2022),kgun12 (12-01-2022),Mace (12-01-2022),Night Train (12-01-2022),YardRat (11-30-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    Buffalo has had several consecutive years where they had among the lowest number of injuries in the league with the same strength and conditioning staff and presumably a pretty similar training regimen to what they had this season. Whatever the issue is this season, I don't really think it comes down to strength and conditioning.
    Well it does. But they didn't prepare to play the schedule they have played in the last month. Just the systems alone are based on consistency and there has been none. The Bills getting uprooted was significant both mentally and physically. Why are people so surprised about injuries? We're lucky it's not worse. They prepared to be athletes playing a 20 game schedule that was very well vertically loaded. The last month was bad. Curious how the team is going to respond. I kinda think the whacky schedule might have played in their favor in some ways when trying to cope with the venu change ... but it all was too much. Take a deep breath. Let's see what the guys bring to the field.