Thread: Bills sign Xavier Rhodes to active roster

Thanks
    Thanked 7,521 Times in 6,083 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bills sign Xavier Rhodes to active roster

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...benford-on-ir/

Rhodes played 25 defensive snaps and had two tackles for the team after being elevated for their Week 11 win over the Browns. He spent the last two seasons with the Colts and his first seven seasons with the Vikings.

Benford started five of the nine games he’s played this season. The sixth-round pick has 24 tackles and an interception.

The Bills also announced that they have signed wide receiver John Brown and defensive tackle C.J. Brewer to the practice squad.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
    163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills sign Xavier Rhodes to active roster

I think the way Brandon Beane uses the practice squad is fascinating. In the case of Rhodes, it seems the PS was a trial period in which Rhodes could get himself into practice shape by practicing with the team. I assume they will do something similar with John Brown. I don't recall former GMs being nearly as active with transactions in and out of, and through the PS. It was always set your practice squad up and if someone gets signed away from the PS, you sign a replacement. I know the rules have changed to make it easier to use the PS the way Beane is doing, but I think Beane also has a knack for using the rules to the benefit of the team.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

3. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (11-29-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    I think the way Brandon Beane uses the practice squad is fascinating. In the case of Rhodes, it seems the PS was a trial period in which Rhodes could get himself into practice shape by practicing with the team. I assume they will do something similar with John Brown. I don't recall former GMs being nearly as active with transactions in and out of, and through the PS. It was always set your practice squad up and if someone gets signed away from the PS, you sign a replacement. I know the rules have changed to make it easier to use the PS the way Beane is doing, but I think Beane also has a knack for using the rules to the benefit of the team.

They use it for vets as an extended try out and keep on deck some young guys to rotate in when they cut the vet or activate him
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Thanks
    Thanked 7,521 Times in 6,083 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'd say Brown is ready ..... Rhodes had an injury setback but now he's ready.

We play to win the game! BuffaloBlitz83's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    I'd say Brown is ready ..... Rhodes had an injury setback but now he's ready.
    Wonder if brown was safety net in scenario we don't get Odell . Would he be cut if we got him?