X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Is the issue with our offense, Beasely?

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Cole Beasley

82 Rec.
    112 Targets
    693 yards
    1 TD
    37 First Downs
    5 Drops
    388 YBC 4.7 Ave.
    305 YAC 3.7 Ave.

McKenzie

30 Rec.
    45 Targets
    315 Yards
    4 TDs
    18 First Downs
    2 Drops
    224 YBC 7.5 Ave.
    91 YAC 3.0 ave.
    Appreciate this ..... 37 friggin 1st downs damn !!!!!!!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
      You make my point.

It was NOT a football decision and that's all I or anybody else is saying about his departure.

He played great football for us that's all that's being said.

His personal views are his own just like the rest of us.

We miss his skillset and that's the simple truth when you are talking about football.
      No. I didn't make your point.

The only way to argue that is to not read the rest of my post.

Besides that, football is a team sport and being a teammate on and off the field matters.

Nice try, though.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
        Appreciate this ..... 37 friggin 1st downs damn !!!!!!!
        McKenzie is on pace for around the same amount.

The Stat. I found the oddest was Beasley having a better YAC vs McKenzie.
        Last edited by TacklingDummy; 11-27-2022, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• sukie
          • Sep 2012

The replacement for Beasley was Crowder… bum luck killed that idea

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
            No. I didn't make your point.

The only way to argue that is to not read the rest of my post.

Besides that, football is a team sport and being a teammate on and off the field matters.

Nice try, though.
            Looking at TacklingDummy’s stats, he sure didn’t mess with team chemistry, nice try though.

I have seen the pro-vax folks on this site showing that their political ideology has made them dislike Beasley. Before that almost everyone loved him and his play. Maybe he shouldn’t have been so vocal but there is still that 1st amendment thing.

Politics shouldn’t be the reason to keep or cut someone. If that was the cast, no club would be able to field a team in any sport!
            Retired Air Traffic Controller
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• sukie
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
              Looking at TacklingDummy’s stats, he sure didn’t mess with team chemistry, nice try though.

I have seen the pro-vax folks on this site showing that their political ideology has made them dislike Beasley. Before that almost everyone loved him and his play. Maybe he shouldn’t have been so vocal but there is still that 1st amendment thing.

Politics shouldn’t be the reason to keep or cut someone. If that was the cast, no club would be able to field a team in any sport!
              Beasley has a big cap number if resigned. Through all the noise he still played hard but you cannot pay everybody

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                Beasley has a big cap number if resigned. Through all the noise he still played hard but you cannot pay everybody
                I absolutely get that and agree, however I’m not sure that was the case with Cole.
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• cookie G
                  • Mar 2003

The BIlls scored something like 10 fewer points this year than at the same time last year. They have a few more passing yards. than at this time last year.

If there is a difference, it is probably turnovers, esp. redzone INTs. Beasley has nothing do to with the ints, either way.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                    McKenzie is on pace for around the same amount.

The Stat. I found the oddest was Beasley having a better YAC vs McKenzie.
                    Beasely > McKenzie.

Comment

• Cali512
                      • Jan 2012

Firstly, the only ones that make this a political discussion are the ones who disagree with his decision. Most people who support beasely, just support him. They aren't facinated in him like the people who wanted players to be forces to be vaccinated.

2nd, I dont really care if mckenzies stats are better. Its about how Beasely opened things up in our offense. I dont think mckenzies stats would be much worse even if beasely played. I just think beasely would get those 5 catches, 40-50 yds, and be reliable on 3rd down. He wouldve kept allen at 60% cpt this year and helped keep the LBs inside instead of now how they shade to the sidelines now to tighten windows. We run outside in instead of inside out. When a QB drops back, he looks down the center of the defense at the safeties, which gives him an idea of coverage. Beasely would always get in his line of site so if allen didnt like how the defense was playing, he always had 5-6 yds available to him. When your looking outside post snap, your relying on your receivers to run their routes perfect and if they dont, the structure is immediately off and that's when allens running around for his life

With allens arm strength and Diggs ability to get open, allen was able to read Beasley and move to Diggs without being affected by timing.

Mckenzie still hasnt figured out leverage and how to get open fast. Most of his catches are outside the structure of the offense. So the middle of the field is never available to allen
                      Last edited by Cali512; 11-27-2022, 09:26 AM.
                      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                        Firstly, the only ones that make this a political discussion are the ones who disagree with his decision. Most people who support beasely, just support him. They aren't facinated in him like the people who wanted players to be forces to be vaccinated.

2nd, I dont really care if mckenzies stats are better. Its about how Beasely opened things up in our offense. I dont think mckenzies stats would be much worse even if beasely played. I just think beasely would get those 5 catches, 40-50 yds, and be reliable on 3rd down. He wouldve kept allen at 60% cpt this year and helped keep the LBs inside instead of now how they shade to the sidelines now to tighten windows. We run outside in instead of inside out. When a QB drops back, he looks down the center of the defense at the safeties, which gives him an idea of coverage. Beasely would always get in his line of site so if allen didnt like how the defense was playing, he always had 5-6 yds available to him. When your looking outside post snap, your relying on your receivers to run their routes perfect and if they dont, the structure is immediately off and that's when allens running around for his life

With allens arm strength and Diggs ability to get open, allen was able to read Beasley and move to Diggs without being affected by timing.

Mckenzie still hasnt figured out leverage and how to get open fast. Most of his catches are outside the structure of the offense. So the middle of the field is never available to allen
                        Agree 100%!
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post

I didn't make this political.

This discussion, if you notice, is about whether the offensive struggles are because Beasley is gone.

I made several more points against that idea than just his controversial stance on COVID.

You can tell who is really thinking about the politics by the responses to my post. They ignore every other part of it.

Comment

• Cali512
                            • Jan 2012

One more thing. This post isnt about how we should of resigned beasely. Im saying we miss that aspect of the offense

I couldve easily said Crowder but we dont have a big enough sample size with him to make my point
                            Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• kgun12
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                              I didn't make this political.

This discussion, if you notice, is about whether the offensive struggles are because Beasley is gone.

I made several more points against that idea than just his controversial stance on COVID.

You can tell who is really thinking about the politics by the responses to my post. They ignore every other part of it.
                              I thought I read in your post this sentence. “ The political ideology of most of the Beasley supporters is skewing the reality of the issue with the offense.”

Wasn’t that you or was I mistaken?

I think the lack of a good slot guy like Beasley was is hurting this offense. I also said that he couldn’t cone back to Buffalo because both sides burned bridges. Would I love the Beasley we had in his prime , absolutely! Just not going to happen.

As far as COVID , come on. There were many Bills that got the shot that got covid, BTW getting the shot was initially was supposed to prevent us from getting it. Anyway when players went on the covid list that got the shot, nobody here said anything. As soon as Beasley did, people were screaming that he was going to kill our chances. Really? The guy that didn’t get the shot that was supposed to protect us from getting covid were pissed because the guy that did get the shot was going to give everyone that got the preventative shot covid! That’s what happened.

Here’s the point, politics should not be part of any sports. There are people on every team that are pro or anti:
                              Gun
                              Abortion
                              LGBT
                              National Healthcare
                              Hunting and on and on, if political crap gets involved sports are over because you wouldn’t be able to put a team together.
                              USAF VETERAN
                              DAV

Comment

• Mace
                                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                                • Mar 2013

The Bills blew threw the schedule until the bye, without Beasley, they struggled in games last year, with Beasley.

Love the dude as a player, but he became erratic. McBeane has built a team first culture. You don't see disruptions, team first, shut up do your job, any problems it's in house.

Beasley went outside the lines. This season, he didn't want to continue his career. Nothing "political" about it.

I personally feel his Covid stance was stupid. He was escared of a shot and entangled in debunked conspiracy. That's his right, along with the right of everyone who let Covid breed and kill people, because they were escared of vax, like no one has ever had one for one thing or another. But if he was a pro about it, I'd never have known or cared.

They did fine without him before the bye. There's something else going on. If they need dumpoff receivers, they have them to use.

Comment

Working...
                                X