Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the issue with our offense, Beasely?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,141 Times in 5,885 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Is the issue with our offense, Beasely?

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    Looking at TacklingDummy’s stats, he sure didn’t mess with team chemistry, nice try though.

I have seen the pro-vax folks on this site showing that their political ideology has made them dislike Beasley. Before that almost everyone loved him and his play. Maybe he shouldn’t have been so vocal but there is still that 1st amendment thing.

Politics shouldn’t be the reason to keep or cut someone. If that was the cast, no club would be able to field a team in any sport!
    Beasley has a big cap number if resigned. Through all the noise he still played hard but you cannot pay everybody

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,156 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Beasley has a big cap number if resigned. Through all the noise he still played hard but you cannot pay everybody
    I absolutely get that and agree, however I’m not sure that was the case with Cole.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Thanks
    Thanked 9,885 Times in 4,012 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The BIlls scored something like 10 fewer points this year than at the same time last year. They have a few more passing yards. than at this time last year.

If there is a difference, it is probably turnovers, esp. redzone INTs. Beasley has nothing do to with the ints, either way.

4. Post thanked by:

bleve (11-27-2022),Mace (11-27-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,305 Times in 3,795 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    McKenzie is on pace for around the same amount.

The Stat. I found the oddest was Beasley having a better YAC vs McKenzie.
    Beasely > McKenzie.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Firstly, the only ones that make this a political discussion are the ones who disagree with his decision. Most people who support beasely, just support him. They aren't facinated in him like the people who wanted players to be forces to be vaccinated.

2nd, I dont really care if mckenzies stats are better. Its about how Beasely opened things up in our offense. I dont think mckenzies stats would be much worse even if beasely played. I just think beasely would get those 5 catches, 40-50 yds, and be reliable on 3rd down. He wouldve kept allen at 60% cpt this year and helped keep the LBs inside instead of now how they shade to the sidelines now to tighten windows. We run outside in instead of inside out. When a QB drops back, he looks down the center of the defense at the safeties, which gives him an idea of coverage. Beasely would always get in his line of site so if allen didnt like how the defense was playing, he always had 5-6 yds available to him. When your looking outside post snap, your relying on your receivers to run their routes perfect and if they dont, the structure is immediately off and that's when allens running around for his life

With allens arm strength and Diggs ability to get open, allen was able to read Beasley and move to Diggs without being affected by timing.

Mckenzie still hasnt figured out leverage and how to get open fast. Most of his catches are outside the structure of the offense. So the middle of the field is never available to allen
    Last edited by Cali512; 11-27-2022 at 09:26 AM.

7. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (11-27-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    Firstly, the only ones that make this a political discussion are the ones who disagree with his decision. Most people who support beasely, just support him. They aren't facinated in him like the people who wanted players to be forces to be vaccinated.

2nd, I dont really care if mckenzies stats are better. Its about how Beasely opened things up in our offense. I dont think mckenzies stats would be much worse even if beasely played. I just think beasely would get those 5 catches, 40-50 yds, and be reliable on 3rd down. He wouldve kept allen at 60% cpt this year and helped keep the LBs inside instead of now how they shade to the sidelines now to tighten windows. We run outside in instead of inside out. When a QB drops back, he looks down the center of the defense at the safeties, which gives him an idea of coverage. Beasely would always get in his line of site so if allen didnt like how the defense was playing, he always had 5-6 yds available to him. When your looking outside post snap, your relying on your receivers to run their routes perfect and if they dont, the structure is immediately off and that's when allens running around for his life

With allens arm strength and Diggs ability to get open, allen was able to read Beasley and move to Diggs without being affected by timing.

Mckenzie still hasnt figured out leverage and how to get open fast. Most of his catches are outside the structure of the offense. So the middle of the field is never available to allen
    Agree 100%!

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,700 Times in 3,421 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Looking at TacklingDummy’s stats, he sure didn’t mess with team chemistry, nice try though.

I have seen the pro-vax folks on this site showing that their political ideology has made them dislike Beasley. Before that almost everyone loved him and his play. Maybe he shouldn’t have been so vocal but there is still that 1st amendment thing.

Politics shouldn’t be the reason to keep or cut someone. If that was the cast, no club would be able to field a team in any sport!
    I didn't make this political.

This discussion, if you notice, is about whether the offensive struggles are because Beasley is gone.

I made several more points against that idea than just his controversial stance on COVID.

You can tell who is really thinking about the politics by the responses to my post. They ignore every other part of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

One more thing. This post isnt about how we should of resigned beasely. Im saying we miss that aspect of the offense

I couldve easily said Crowder but we dont have a big enough sample size with him to make my point

11. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (11-27-2022),kgun12 (11-27-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
    I didn't make this political.

This discussion, if you notice, is about whether the offensive struggles are because Beasley is gone.

I made several more points against that idea than just his controversial stance on COVID.

You can tell who is really thinking about the politics by the responses to my post. They ignore every other part of it.
    I thought I read in your post this sentence. “ The political ideology of most of the Beasley supporters is skewing the reality of the issue with the offense.”

Wasn’t that you or was I mistaken?

I think the lack of a good slot guy like Beasley was is hurting this offense. I also said that he couldn’t cone back to Buffalo because both sides burned bridges. Would I love the Beasley we had in his prime , absolutely! Just not going to happen.

As far as COVID , come on. There were many Bills that got the shot that got covid, BTW getting the shot was initially was supposed to prevent us from getting it. Anyway when players went on the covid list that got the shot, nobody here said anything. As soon as Beasley did, people were screaming that he was going to kill our chances. Really? The guy that didn’t get the shot that was supposed to protect us from getting covid were pissed because the guy that did get the shot was going to give everyone that got the preventative shot covid! That’s what happened.

Here’s the point, politics should not be part of any sports. There are people on every team that are pro or anti:
    Gun
    Abortion
    LGBT
    National Healthcare
    Hunting and on and on, if political crap gets involved sports are over because you wouldn’t be able to put a team together.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,488 Times in 9,185 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills blew threw the schedule until the bye, without Beasley, they struggled in games last year, with Beasley.

Love the dude as a player, but he became erratic. McBeane has built a team first culture. You don't see disruptions, team first, shut up do your job, any problems it's in house.

Beasley went outside the lines. This season, he didn't want to continue his career. Nothing "political" about it.

I personally feel his Covid stance was stupid. He was escared of a shot and entangled in debunked conspiracy. That's his right, along with the right of everyone who let Covid breed and kill people, because they were escared of vax, like no one has ever had one for one thing or another. But if he was a pro about it, I'd never have known or cared.

They did fine without him before the bye. There's something else going on. If they need dumpoff receivers, they have them to use.

14. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (11-27-2022),ParanoidAndroid (11-27-2022),sahlensguy (11-27-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Beasley doesn't even play here...how can he be the problem with our offense?

16. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (11-27-2022),kgun12 (11-28-2022)

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,593 Times in 4,537 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Okay... Please stop with the covid/vaccine arguments in this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

18. Post thanked by:

El Guapo (11-27-2022)

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,700 Times in 3,421 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I thought I read in your post this sentence. “ The political ideology of most of the Beasley supporters is skewing the reality of the issue with the offense.”

Wasn’t that you or was I mistaken?

I think the lack of a good slot guy like Beasley was is hurting this offense. I also said that he couldn’t cone back to Buffalo because both sides burned bridges. Would I love the Beasley we had in his prime , absolutely! Just not going to happen.

As far as COVID , come on. There were many Bills that got the shot that got covid, BTW getting the shot was initially was supposed to prevent us from getting it. Anyway when players went on the covid list that got the shot, nobody here said anything. As soon as Beasley did, people were screaming that he was going to kill our chances. Really? The guy that didn’t get the shot that was supposed to protect us from getting covid were pissed because the guy that did get the shot was going to give everyone that got the preventative shot covid! That’s what happened.

Here’s the point, politics should not be part of any sports. There are people on every team that are pro or anti:
    Gun
    Abortion
    LGBT
    National Healthcare
    Hunting and on and on, if political crap gets involved sports are over because you wouldn’t be able to put a team together.
    Now this one s actually perfectly making my point.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,518 Times in 17,411 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just to reinforce what some others have already said, I don't think not having Beasley is the issue, it's a combination of a slight change in philosophy (more YAC, moving Diggs around), a new OC, Josh's elbow (or whatever it is), and certainly Josh's dumbass interceptions.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

21. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (11-27-2022),Mace (11-27-2022),ParanoidAndroid (11-27-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Just to reinforce what some others have already said, I don't think not having Beasley is the issue, it's a combination of a slight change in philosophy (more YAC, moving Diggs around), a new OC, Josh's elbow (or whatever it is), and certainly Josh's dumbass interceptions.
    I'm still having a problem seeing Dorsey as a major issue, because they were a juggernaut early when people were doing their job and executing. He has his share of dumb playcalls (imho), but Daboll always did too last year, you just don't notice them as much when the players actually execute them for a better degree of success. I still think that's McDermott telling them to throttle up or down on the headset and not having an instinct to do either. You still can't blame Dorsey (though I'm not all in on him), for the odd performance we see in executing the plays.

This was sort of the same team with Daboll here, rising and falling with the same tendencies (dumb plays, collapsing defense). The major difference is that something is wrong with Allen besides his elbow, imho, and he's struggling to carry the show though they think he will anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,141 Times in 5,885 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I'm still having a problem seeing Dorsey as a major issue, because they were a juggernaut early when people were doing their job and executing. He has his share of dumb playcalls (imho), but Daboll always did too last year, you just don't notice them as much when the players actually execute them for a better degree of success. I still think that's McDermott telling them to throttle up or down on the headset and not having an instinct to do either. You still can't blame Dorsey (though I'm not all in on him), for the odd performance we see in executing the plays.

This was sort of the same team with Daboll here, rising and falling with the same tendencies (dumb plays, collapsing defense). The major difference is that something is wrong with Allen besides his elbow, imho, and he's struggling to carry the show though they think he will anyway.
    Mace, I thought you stopped huffing bactine.

You think McD is saying “ long routes only goddamit!”

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Mace, I thought you stopped huffing bactine.

You think McD is saying “ long routes only goddamit!”
    I think he has a role in setting the pace of offense. He's the head coach. He's got a headset for a reason, you might think. He directs the gameplan and prep.

But like I said in my post, when it was working earlier in the year, and we were rolling up yards and td's on the pass routes, it was all gravy. There wasn't anything wrong with the long passing game when it was working, everyone was pretty happy with those passes.

Also, like I said, Dorsey is not the one throwing, running the routes, or catching.

Now with the long passing game struggling, have they not used the run more, or evolved a short ball control passing game ? Why, yes they did, which would be the next step.

We have not been playing stellar pass defenses. We should have been doing fine with our level of talent. We are not. It's more than Dorsey.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,926 Times in 3,482 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The only thing the Bills are missing is a healthy elbow for Josh. We don't really need Beasley, Mckenzie is adequate but I wouldn't mind OBJ coming to town

Thanks
    Thanked 5,305 Times in 3,795 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I'm still having a problem seeing Dorsey as a major issue, because they were a juggernaut early when people were doing their job and executing.
    It's very possible that Dorsey just kept the ball of success rolling from last year. I don't see his stamp on the offense and now that the scouting has caught up to him., he's got nothin.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    It's very possible that Dorsey just kept the ball of success rolling from last year. I don't see his stamp on the offense and now that the scouting has caught up to him., he's got nothin.
    Might be true, but they wrecked people just the same early, and those were better teams with the same scouting. The offense struggles now, because passes aren't caught. The offense talent positions remain pretty healthy. They slumped as bad or worse last year without Dorsey and with Daboll. He should't need to put his stamp on the offense, they were there own stamp up until the bye. Allen is about more than an elbow, which happened later. You've seen the dropped balls when they were in the right place.

I still don't see it being exclusively Dorsey though I see an OC struggling to figure out what happened as much as any of us are, because it's peculiar.