X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Is the issue with our offense, Beasely?

Beasley doesn't even play here...how can he be the problem with our offense?

Comment

• Cntrygal
      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
      • Jul 2002

Okay... Please stop with the covid/vaccine arguments in this forum.
      Originally posted by notacon
      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
        I thought I read in your post this sentence. “ The political ideology of most of the Beasley supporters is skewing the reality of the issue with the offense.”

Wasn’t that you or was I mistaken?

I think the lack of a good slot guy like Beasley was is hurting this offense. I also said that he couldn’t cone back to Buffalo because both sides burned bridges. Would I love the Beasley we had in his prime , absolutely! Just not going to happen.

As far as COVID , come on. There were many Bills that got the shot that got covid, BTW getting the shot was initially was supposed to prevent us from getting it. Anyway when players went on the covid list that got the shot, nobody here said anything. As soon as Beasley did, people were screaming that he was going to kill our chances. Really? The guy that didn’t get the shot that was supposed to protect us from getting covid were pissed because the guy that did get the shot was going to give everyone that got the preventative shot covid! That’s what happened.

Here’s the point, politics should not be part of any sports. There are people on every team that are pro or anti:
        Gun
        Abortion
        LGBT
        National Healthcare
        Hunting and on and on, if political crap gets involved sports are over because you wouldn’t be able to put a team together.
        Now this one s actually perfectly making my point.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Just to reinforce what some others have already said, I don't think not having Beasley is the issue, it's a combination of a slight change in philosophy (more YAC, moving Diggs around), a new OC, Josh's elbow (or whatever it is), and certainly Josh's dumbass interceptions.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Just to reinforce what some others have already said, I don't think not having Beasley is the issue, it's a combination of a slight change in philosophy (more YAC, moving Diggs around), a new OC, Josh's elbow (or whatever it is), and certainly Josh's dumbass interceptions.
            I'm still having a problem seeing Dorsey as a major issue, because they were a juggernaut early when people were doing their job and executing. He has his share of dumb playcalls (imho), but Daboll always did too last year, you just don't notice them as much when the players actually execute them for a better degree of success. I still think that's McDermott telling them to throttle up or down on the headset and not having an instinct to do either. You still can't blame Dorsey (though I'm not all in on him), for the odd performance we see in executing the plays.

This was sort of the same team with Daboll here, rising and falling with the same tendencies (dumb plays, collapsing defense). The major difference is that something is wrong with Allen besides his elbow, imho, and he's struggling to carry the show though they think he will anyway.

Comment

• sukie
              Seriously?
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mace View Post
              I'm still having a problem seeing Dorsey as a major issue, because they were a juggernaut early when people were doing their job and executing. He has his share of dumb playcalls (imho), but Daboll always did too last year, you just don't notice them as much when the players actually execute them for a better degree of success. I still think that's McDermott telling them to throttle up or down on the headset and not having an instinct to do either. You still can't blame Dorsey (though I'm not all in on him), for the odd performance we see in executing the plays.

This was sort of the same team with Daboll here, rising and falling with the same tendencies (dumb plays, collapsing defense). The major difference is that something is wrong with Allen besides his elbow, imho, and he's struggling to carry the show though they think he will anyway.
              Mace, I thought you stopped huffing bactine.

You think McD is saying “ long routes only goddamit!”

Comment

• Mace
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                Mace, I thought you stopped huffing bactine.

You think McD is saying “ long routes only goddamit!”
                I think he has a role in setting the pace of offense. He's the head coach. He's got a headset for a reason, you might think. He directs the gameplan and prep.

But like I said in my post, when it was working earlier in the year, and we were rolling up yards and td's on the pass routes, it was all gravy. There wasn't anything wrong with the long passing game when it was working, everyone was pretty happy with those passes.

Also, like I said, Dorsey is not the one throwing, running the routes, or catching.

Now with the long passing game struggling, have they not used the run more, or evolved a short ball control passing game ? Why, yes they did, which would be the next step.

We have not been playing stellar pass defenses. We should have been doing fine with our level of talent. We are not. It's more than Dorsey.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

The only thing the Bills are missing is a healthy elbow for Josh. We don't really need Beasley, Mckenzie is adequate but I wouldn't mind OBJ coming to town

Comment

• sahlensguy
                    • Mar 2015

I'm still having a problem seeing Dorsey as a major issue, because they were a juggernaut early when people were doing their job and executing.
                    It's very possible that Dorsey just kept the ball of success rolling from last year. I don't see his stamp on the offense and now that the scouting has caught up to him., he's got nothin.

Comment

• Mace
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                      It's very possible that Dorsey just kept the ball of success rolling from last year. I don't see his stamp on the offense and now that the scouting has caught up to him., he's got nothin.
                      Might be true, but they wrecked people just the same early, and those were better teams with the same scouting. The offense struggles now, because passes aren't caught. The offense talent positions remain pretty healthy. They slumped as bad or worse last year without Dorsey and with Daboll. He should't need to put his stamp on the offense, they were there own stamp up until the bye. Allen is about more than an elbow, which happened later. You've seen the dropped balls when they were in the right place.

I still don't see it being exclusively Dorsey though I see an OC struggling to figure out what happened as much as any of us are, because it's peculiar.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                        • Mar 2015

Might be true, but they wrecked people just the same early, and those were better teams with the same scouting. The offense struggles now, because passes aren't caught. The offense talent positions remain pretty healthy. They slumped as bad or worse last year without Dorsey and with Daboll. He should't need to put his stamp on the offense, they were there own stamp up until the bye. Allen is about more than an elbow, which happened later. You've seen the dropped balls when they were in the right place.

I still don't see it being exclusively Dorsey though I see an OC struggling to figure out what happened as much as any of us are, because it's peculiar.
                        The lack of identity and creativity, the poor execution and decision making can all point back to a lack of leadership. Not sure that that is their problem but there does seem to be a big void there since Daboll's departure. From Doresy's outburst and the term psychopath being tossed around, to the qb telling Dorsey to use the microphone at mini camp so he can get used to hearing the calls (and not the other way around), all points to this guy not being the leader that they need at this time. The hot start can easily be the effect from last year's system combined with focused offseason the organization seemed to have.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

I understand Beasley has made it very clear he's done with pro football. Whatever might be wrong with the Bills offense at the slot position, the solution going forward cannot include Beasley. Beane will have to find other options.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Discotrish
                            Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                            No. I didn't make your point.

The only way to argue that is to not read the rest of my post.

Besides that, football is a team sport and being a teammate on and off the field matters.

Nice try, though.
                            He and Josh were on the same page with that issue.
                            Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

Working...
                            X