• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Re: Von Miller hopes to return for Week 14 vs. Jets

Originally posted by Historian View Post
    The problem with torn cartilage, is that there is an attached fragment floating around in the knee.

Trust me, I've torn both.

If that piece is big enough, it can get torn worse if it gets caught in between the two bones when the leg bends.

That's the way Dr. Smith, who used to be one of the Bills orthopedic surgeons explained it to me.

This is tricky.

If it were me, I would have the microsurgery to clean it up, and be back in six weeks.

I had the surgery in late November of '93, and was doing 10 mile runs by the middle of January.

Didn't Deon have the surgery as a cowboy, and return three weeks later?
    Almost the same post, lol. The way Dr. Smith explained it to you I feel lucky, I went 7 years before I had the surgery. Mostly because of bad doctors.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

The first one wasn't bad at all.

After the second scope on my right knee, then I was almost bone to bone, which eventually wore down on the inside thanks to 800 miles a year running.

I have already qualified for a right knee replacement.

The question is....do I want to mess with it if it doesn't really bother me?

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
        The first one wasn't bad at all.

After the second scope on my right knee, then I was almost bone to bone, which eventually wore down on the inside thanks to 800 miles a year running.

I have already qualified for a right knee replacement.

The question is....do I want to mess with it if it doesn't really bother me?
        I’ve had mine cleaned up four times. Haven’t been to the doctors for it since we moved to Cleveland three years ago. Getting to the point where I might have to go soon.
        On the replacement my uncle had both is done a year apart always said he wish he didn’t wait. There was a guy at the golf course I tend bar at that had it done in April and was back on the course end of June. He was in his early 70’s.
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
          Yes I like the pitch count especially early in his return so he can test it and feels more comfortable about it.
          If he's a go next week as he hopes to be .... the limited snaps approach seems sound.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
          X