163 **189 **200 **204 **248

2. Post thanked by:

Forward_Lateral (11-30-2022)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,009 Times in 4,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: To Beat the Patriots

Jump ahead early, by double digits. Make them one dimensional. Get after Jones.

4. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (11-30-2022),cookie G (11-30-2022),Novacane (11-30-2022),TacklingDummy (11-30-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don’t know what to make of this sudden health on the Bills…

Dorsey, don’t get pwned.

6. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (11-30-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,214 Times in 13,680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is a must-win game. 5 of our last 6 games are conference games, 4 of those division games, and we only have 1 game against a team that currently has a losing record. We can't afford to be 0-3 in the division.

Plus, Miami has to go on the road to SF, so they have a tough game, and we could potentially gain some ground on them and take the div lead back.

I feel like we need to sweep the rest of the division games to win the AFCE. The Dolphins have the tiebreaker on us and have a slightly easier schedule- 4 conference games, 3 div games, 4 games against teams that currently have winning records. If we take another div loss, it's going to be really hard to get ahead of them.

The first round bye is basically out at this point. The Chiefs are 9-2 and play the Bengals, Broncos 2x, Seahawks, Texans and Raiders. The Bengals or Seahawks might give them a run but I doubt it. The other 4 games will be easy for them. The only one they may lose is the finale against the Raiders if they rest people, and it wouldn't shock me if the Chiefs' backups beat the Raiders.

8. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (11-30-2022),Mace (11-30-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,877 Times in 4,006 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

-Judon already has 13 sacks this season. We'll probably be without Dawkins, or he'll still be hobbled. We'll need help. Make sure some at least chips him at the LOS.

-Spread the ball around. No need to lock onto Diggs. In game 2 last year, Josh hit 9 different receivers, McKenzie was the leading receiver. In the playoff game, he hit 8 different receivers. Knox was the leading receiver. Diggs had his share of catches in each game. This is not a game for Josh to lock onto one WR.

-be creative with the running game. Add in a few reverses, or at least fake reverses. Misdirection plays. Plays where Morse pulls wide usually seem to work.

-defensively, attack the run game like they did with Derrick Henry. And improve on tackles at the second level. Its been a weak spot for the D. Put Mac Jones into a 3rd and long.

10. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (11-30-2022),Forward_Lateral (11-30-2022),Mace (11-30-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,521 Times in 6,083 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    This is a must-win game.
    So how is the question any idea?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    -Judon already has 13 sacks this season. We'll probably be without Dawkins, or he'll still be hobbled. We'll need help. Make sure some at least chips him at the LOS.

-Spread the ball around. No need to lock onto Diggs. In game 2 last year, Josh hit 9 different receivers, McKenzie was the leading receiver. In the playoff game, he hit 8 different receivers. Knox was the leading receiver. Diggs had his share of catches in each game. This is not a game for Josh to lock onto one WR.

-be creative with the running game. Add in a few reverses, or at least fake reverses. Misdirection plays. Plays where Morse pulls wide usually seem to work.

-defensively, attack the run game like they did with Derrick Henry. And improve on tackles at the second level. Its been a weak spot for the D. Put Mac Jones into a 3rd and long.

Agree with all of this !!

Dawkins is out.

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,593 Times in 4,537 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Jump ahead early, by double digits. Make them one dimensional. Get after Jones.
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    This is a must-win game. 5 of our last 6 games are conference games, 4 of those division games, and we only have 1 game against a team that currently has a losing record. We can't afford to be 0-3 in the division.

Plus, Miami has to go on the road to SF, so they have a tough game, and we could potentially gain some ground on them and take the div lead back.

I feel like we need to sweep the rest of the division games to win the AFCE. The Dolphins have the tiebreaker on us and have a slightly easier schedule- 4 conference games, 3 div games, 4 games against teams that currently have winning records. If we take another div loss, it's going to be really hard to get ahead of them.

The first round bye is basically out at this point. The Chiefs are 9-2 and play the Bengals, Broncos 2x, Seahawks, Texans and Raiders. The Bengals or Seahawks might give them a run but I doubt it. The other 4 games will be easy for them. The only one they may lose is the finale against the Raiders if they rest people, and it wouldn't shock me if the Chiefs' backups beat the Raiders.
    We need to win out.

15. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (11-30-2022)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,468 Times in 9,174 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Score more damn points than they do and worry about next week, imho.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,376 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    We need to win out.
    If we do, very good shot for #1 seed. I doubt anyone is going to be 15-2. That's hard to do even for KC

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Patriots offense right now runs thru Stevenson. The guy has size and hands for catching the ball out of the back field. He's really what Beane was looking for out of Zack Moss. Note he's the same size as Milano. People has already speculated that Milano will on him a lot. Need to see if he can tackle him one-on-one. Stevenson is hard to bring down. If the Bills can get them into obvious passing downs, I like our chances. There is no legit #1 receiver like we faced last few games.

Offensively you may see some edge runs. The Pats D has a weakness in their linebackers in terms of speed. They do have size, just bad in coverage. Last year Singletary and McKenzie killed them in the middle of the field for short and intermediate routes. You'd figure the Bills are better equipped now with Cook and Hines. BUT, chemistry is important for those passing game in the middle of the field. Josh needs to make quick decisions AND be on the same page with his targets.

I think it comes down to turnovers. I just don't see a scenario where the Pats winning this game without having some turnevers from the Bills' offense - unfortunately, that's where Allen is NOT doing so great in that department this year.

19. Post thanked by:

imbondz (12-01-2022),Woodman (12-06-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,356 Times in 7,251 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Score TDs when in the redzone. Pressure Jones consistently. If they do those it will be a 15+ point win.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I also want to add that most observers believe Allen's elbow injury affects his short passing game the most. The quick passes seemed to be off some after the Jets game. You know Belichick look for those things. Hope Allen's elbow is getting better with this normal 7 day in between games week

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Touchdowns in the second half please… at least 2 if you could be so kind.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

download.jpg

Just show me Steve (THE DIRT EATER) Belichick on a sideline shot .... I'm always encouraged when I see that doofus.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 874 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

no turnovers
    run the ball
    stop the run
    beat the blitz with shorter passes
    blitz Jones

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Great job tonight in 11 days it's the Jets turn !

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    The Patriots offense right now runs thru Stevenson. The guy has size and hands for catching the ball out of the back field. He's really what Beane was looking for out of Zack Moss. Note he's the same size as Milano. People has already speculated that Milano will on him a lot. Need to see if he can tackle him one-on-one. Stevenson is hard to bring down. If the Bills can get them into obvious passing downs, I like our chances. There is no legit #1 receiver like we faced last few games.

Offensively you may see some edge runs. The Pats D has a weakness in their linebackers in terms of speed. They do have size, just bad in coverage. Last year Singletary and McKenzie killed them in the middle of the field for short and intermediate routes. You'd figure the Bills are better equipped now with Cook and Hines. BUT, chemistry is important for those passing game in the middle of the field. Josh needs to make quick decisions AND be on the same page with his targets.

I think it comes down to turnovers. I just don't see a scenario where the Pats winning this game without having some turnovers from the Bills' offense - unfortunately, that's where Allen is NOT doing so great in that department this year.
    Excellent Post !!

27. Post thanked by:

ghz in pittsburgh (12-01-2022)