Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IF.....

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,468 Times in 9,174 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

IF.....

IF the Dolphins lose (San Francisco) and the Chiefs lose (Cincinnati), Bills are the number one seed in the conference again.

2. Post thanked by:

Mad Bomber (12-04-2022),sahlensguy (12-04-2022),TheConsigliere (12-04-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,895 Times in 3,464 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: IF.....

So then we'd be contenders?

Sorry couldn't resist

4. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (12-02-2022),notacon (12-03-2022),Novacane (12-02-2022),OpIv37 (12-02-2022)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,863 Times in 4,339 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post

Sorry couldn't resist
    Pretenders. Have you seen the way the Bills been playing since the bye?

6. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-03-2022),Novacane (12-02-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just mho, but they need that seed and home playoff games.

8. Post thanked by:

imbondz (12-02-2022),TheConsigliere (12-04-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,355 Times in 7,250 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry couldn't resist
    Nah. We'd still have no chance.

The things I get you to say Gibby 2.0's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,062 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Pretenders. Have you seen the way the Bills been playing since the bye?
    Injured to hell and back and two very stupid bounces of the ball away from being 11-1 against a pretty good Vikes team, an underrated Jets team, playing three road games in 12 days and then ***** slapping the Cheaties in their own park without Von? Sorry, but not seeing the reason to gripe right now.
    Insert whimsical line here

11. Post thanked by:

Mad Bomber (12-04-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,895 Times in 3,464 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby 2.0 View Post
    Injured to hell and back and two very stupid bounces of the ball away from being 11-1 against a pretty good Vikes team, an underrated Jets team, playing three road games in 12 days and then ***** slapping the Cheaties in their own park without Von? Sorry, but not seeing the reason to gripe right now.
    well then you must not be looking hard enough

The things I get you to say Gibby 2.0's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,062 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

well then you must not be looking hard enough
    That is not to say there is not room for improvement. Oh there is. Here is the short list because while I do not see the reason to despair and piss and moan, I also don't wear rose colored glasses. Here is a list of flaws that this team needs to work on-

1. Turnovers, to be fair the fumble was Josh being blindsided, but as much as I love the boy (and lets not kid ourselves, if not for Josh we probably don't win 9 games this season) he does throw way too many interceptions and plays way too loose with the ball. Great kid, very John Elwayish or Brett Favrish but needs lots of improvement in that area.

2. Lack of situational awareness. Be it running out of time in Miami or out of space at home against Minnesota or trying to throw dimes when a field goal would have won it in New Jersey, situational awareness plagues this team.

3. Sloppy play. Here I mean penalties, poor blocking, and bad form tackling.

That is a lot of work needed, but its nothing that can't be corrected. The problem is they don't seem to be working as hard on correcting these problems. That said they are winning against very good competition in spite of themselves. However, they need to stop beating themselves.

14. Post thanked by:

Mace (12-02-2022),Mad Bomber (12-04-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That is not to say there is not room for improvement. Oh there is. Here is the short list because while I do not see the reason to despair and piss and moan, I also don't wear rose colored glasses. Here is a list of flaws that this team needs to work on-

1. Turnovers, to be fair the fumble was Josh being blindsided, but as much as I love the boy (and lets not kid ourselves, if not for Josh we probably don't win 9 games this season) he does throw way too many interceptions and plays way too loose with the ball. Great kid, very John Elwayish or Brett Favrish but needs lots of improvement in that area.

2. Lack of situational awareness. Be it running out of time in Miami or out of space at home against Minnesota or trying to throw dimes when a field goal would have won it in New Jersey, situational awareness plagues this team.

That is a lot of work needed, but its nothing that can't be corrected. The problem is they don't seem to be working as hard on correcting these problems. That said they are winning against very good competition in spite of themselves. However, they need to stop beating themselves.
    The tackling is kind of glaring after years of it. It's basic.

16. Post thanked by:

YardRat (12-02-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 661 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Agreed, that fumble last night was not on Allen. I thought he did a tremendous job getting rid of the ball quickly given he had no time in the pocket.

On the Miami loss, I still dont view that game as Miami beating us, we were just in a **** situation. Can't believe how bad the conditions were for us in that game. I just hope when they come over the gods make it so there's a blizzard and there's a strong hurricane level of wind that only blows snow to the visitors bench. In another Miami game, they showed the temperature of what the vikings had to endure, which was 120F on their bench and that was 2 weeks after we had to play in Miami (which was much much hotter).

However, I think you're understating how bad Allen played in that Vikings and Jets game. And it wasn't him trying to throw dimes in New Jersey, unless it was dimes right to the defenders. Those 2 losses are squarely on Josh.
    That said, you could argue the rest of our wins are because of Josh too. This team will live and die based on how Josh plays, and he needs to get back to his pre-bye level by playoff time.

18. Post thanked by:

Gibby 2.0 (12-02-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 874 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dummy is taking the piss outta OpIV in his comment…it’s not his true feeling (refer to the other thread for proof of this assertion :))

20. Post thanked by:

Gibby 2.0 (12-02-2022),TacklingDummy (12-02-2022)

Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer POTLAND PSILBYLO's Avatar
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: Mandy Pepperidge
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,752 Times in 3,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

TEAM SHOULD BE BETTER

Thanks
    Thanked 3,062 Times in 1,998 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Both starting tackles are out for Miami, that 49er game will probably be a slugfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Agreed, that fumble last night was not on Allen. I thought he did a tremendous job getting rid of the ball quickly given he had no time in the pocket.

On the Miami loss, I still dont view that game as Miami beating us, we were just in a **** situation. Can't believe how bad the conditions were for us in that game. I just hope when they come over the gods make it so there's a blizzard and there's a strong hurricane level of wind that only blows snow to the visitors bench. In another Miami game, they showed the temperature of what the vikings had to endure, which was 120F on their bench and that was 2 weeks after we had to play in Miami (which was much much hotter).

However, I think you're understating how bad Allen played in that Vikings and Jets game. And it wasn't him trying to throw dimes in New Jersey, unless it was dimes right to the defenders. Those 2 losses are squarely on Josh.
    That said, you could argue the rest of our wins are because of Josh too. This team will live and die based on how Josh plays, and he needs to get back to his pre-bye level by playoff time.
    1) In that scenario? Your team would be the ones asking to play in Ford Field.

2) The Vikings beat us, and not a goddamn peep about the weather from their fans, what does that tell you?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,210 Times in 13,678 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We aren’t that lucky and never will be. The Fish have a good chance of losing but the Chiefs will win.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,521 Times in 6,083 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If we are healthy we will beat anybody in front of us.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
    163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    We aren’t that lucky and never will be. The Fish have a good chance of losing but the Chiefs will win.
    Virtual disinformation. Are you Russian ?
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

26. Post thanked by:

TheConsigliere (12-04-2022)

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,002 Times in 2,184 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If by Bread.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

28. Post thanked by:

Woodman (12-03-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

30. Post thanked by:

imbondz (12-04-2022)

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,002 Times in 2,184 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I would have done that but I don’t know how to embed videos here.

32. Post thanked by:

Woodman (12-04-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    I would have done that but I don’t know how to embed videos here.
    If I'm here I'd be happy to embed anything you have.

He did that song the year I met my future wife.

She became my wife the next year 50 years and counting now.

34. Post thanked by:

imbondz (12-04-2022)