Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #1 Seed Baby!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: #1 Seed Baby!!!

Just want to add that people have said Josh's last throw in the Lions game this year is one of the most clutch one in regular season games. I think Burrows last throw in this game is right up there.

2. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (12-04-2022),Dr. Lecter (12-04-2022),Mace (12-04-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I have a feeling that Mike White is going to get owned next Sunday just like he was by the Bills last year.

After his first start of his career and leading a surprise big upset win vs Cincy in week #8, 34-31. He missed most of the next game with an injury vs Indy (which they lost 45-30). But the next game was against the Buffalo Bills....having the game at home, did not help the Jets.

His worst nightmare....4 INT’s on the way to losing in a ROUT 45-17. His passer rating was a dismal 33.4.
    To be fair, he wasn’t bad today. If anything, his presence (in place of Zach Wilson) seems to have settled the team down a bit. No more in-fighting (at least for the moment). Bills should have a good chance at the win next week.

On a separate note, I gave you some grief a few weeks back when the Bills were going through a rough time. I didn’t think the Bills would be able to get themselves back to the 1-seed (even temporarily) but to your credit you never questioned it. After almost 20 years of following this team, I’ve gotten so used to the Bills letting me down when it mattered most; the defence mechanism is real.

But you were right and I was wrong. Your confidence never wavered and you were a great fan throughout. I am very happy to be wrong!

I’m going to do my best to trying and channel my inner “Notacon” confidence in this team over the coming weeks. Not saying I’ll be as strong as I’d like, but after the last few weeks, I now believe anything is possible with these Bills.

Go Bills!

4. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-05-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,305 Times in 3,795 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    Just want to add that people have said Josh's last throw in the Lions game this year is one of the most clutch one in regular season games. I think Burrows last throw in this game is right up there.
    Ok...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,528 Times in 2,691 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They are sitting #1 but we still need to lock things down.

we still have 2 games against the Jets and Fins we need to get some revenge on. Plus we have our own game vs Cincy. KC isn’t playing anyone very good outside Seattle. And that’s not in Seattle with the noise.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,272 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No doubt. If KC got the ball back you know they would have scored.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Lol

Not even close. Sorry

Thanks
    Thanked 4,528 Times in 2,691 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I mean. It was a good throw. Fit it in a narrow window. But it was 10 yards away.

Josh threw a 40 yard dart. Way more difficult

10. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (12-04-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah but watch there is guy right on his throwing side, like real, real close. I don't know how he got the ball out.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,305 Times in 3,795 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah but watch there is guy right on his throwing side, like real, real close. I don't know how he got the ball out.
    I don't know why you picked this thread to be in Burrows jock.
    Last edited by sahlensguy; 12-04-2022 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 6,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He played a good game when he needed too.

He has weapons, he has plenty of help.

We will need to exploit their OL.

But that game is far far away.

Time to pay attention to what's in front of us. JMHO
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Still 5 more games and KC has a much easier path with Denver twice and Houston .

Bottom line is Home field isn't an automatic ticket to the SB. Any given Sunday and it's been proven many times.

Just worry about the next opponent. Quit projecting. Baseless self serving yapping
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was thinking sack/fumble to be honest. How did Mike Danna (#51) not affect the throw?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,695 Times in 7,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Billscusey View Post
    To be fair, he wasn’t bad today. If anything, his presence (in place of Zach Wilson) seems to have settled the team down a bit. No more in-fighting (at least for the moment). Bills should have a good chance at the win next week.

On a separate note, I gave you some grief a few weeks back when the Bills were going through a rough time. I didn’t think the Bills would be able to get themselves back to the 1-seed (even temporarily) but to your credit you never questioned it. After almost 20 years of following this team, I’ve gotten so used to the Bills letting me down when it mattered most; the defence mechanism is real.

But you were right and I was wrong. Your confidence never wavered and you were a great fan throughout. I am very happy to be wrong!

I’m going to do my best to trying and channel my inner “Notacon” confidence in this team over the coming weeks. Not saying I’ll be as strong as I’d like, but after the last few weeks, I now believe anything is possible with these Bills.

Go Bills!
    Thanks for the kind words.

I agree with you that Mike White had a pretty good day yesterday. Certainly better than the woeful Zach Wilson. He looked like a world beater last year in the Cincy game.....and started the next Indy game looking pretty good too.

Then, he ran into Buffalo, and he was totally exposed.

But, this is a different Jets team than last year, and the Bills probably won’t roll over them like 2021. The additions of Ahmad Gardner, Garrett Wilson and Jermaine Johnson....all first round picks in 2021, and the development of Quininen Williams as one of the most feared DT in the NFL and the further installation and development of Robert Saleh’’s system and outlook, who is obviously a very good coach, makes the Jets scarier than they have been for years and years.

But I still see the Bills winning, at home this week. Could be close, but the Bills will prevail. Too much riding on this game.

As for the optimistic outlook I maintain with THIS team, since Josh Allen was drafted, comes from following the team for a LOT longer than 20 years.

For those youngsters that have been following the team for 20 years or so....and might have vague memories of the Super Bowl teams of the early 90’s....I remember the two AFL Championships the Bills won.

I have lived through some terrible, terrible teams. Teams that make every single team during the “drought” (of around 20 years) look stellar.

The one constant during the years and years of (mostly) ****ty Bills football??? Ralph Wilson. Yes, he was a visionary in bringing the AFL and dragging the NFL into the best sport in the US. But, he was also THE guy that held them back.

So many bad, bad decisions. So cheap (when there was no cap to worry about). He refused to pay Kim Kelly and had him wasting the first THREE YEARS of his career playing in the USFL.

The only reason Wilson finally gave in and paid the man, was because there was full blown fan revolt. And then he fired GM Polian, who built the team in a stupid power struggle between Polian and Jeff Littmann, bean counter (with ZERO football knowledge) and treasurer of Wilson's Detroit based company.

Yeah...the bean counter and football ignoramus beat out Bill Polian, builder of Super Bowl teams.

Pegula has been the opposite of Wilson. It took him a couple of years to get his bearings, but his stellar management style and hiring decisions (and then letting the football experts he hired to DO THIER ****ING JOB with the minimum of interference) has the Bills on the rod to years and years of real contenders.

I’ve watched a lot of football over those almost 60 years of being a Bills fan, and the NFL has morphed into an elite QB league. And the Bills have an elite QB.

That makes anything possible.

17. Post thanked by:

Billscusey (12-06-2022),Dr. Lecter (12-05-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Very impressed with Burrows. In my opinion, he took another step forward this year. The biggest part to me is very cool under pressure while delivering accurate balls, better than both Mahomes and Allen. Probably something he has more experience with than either 2 due to his college experience. Now I'm not by any means put down Mahomes and Allen; both are more physically gifted than Burrows, and they deal with pressure using their physical traits a lot more.

In terms of having Chiefs number, rushing 3 against Mahomes is pretty unique in the league and Cincy proved once again it is effective. For the Bills, I just don't think we have 3 D-linemen with the combination of size and speed and edurance what Cincy has.

Already, I'm reminded by a chiefs-fan friend of mine that "You (Bills) have to go to Cincinatti as well." I'm not afraid to admit that if Cincy and Bills would put the same kind of performance each team did in week 13 in week 17, Cincy would beat the Bills. But a lot can change in 4 weeks time.

No doubt that Burrow is one of the best QB’s in the AFC (this time of year, all that matters is the AFC conference to Bills fans) along with Allen & Mahomes.

And yes, he certainly has KC’s number winning the last three meetings. Josh Allen has a not too shabby two wins in the last three meetings against the Chief’s (both wins on the road), and Josh did enough to win the 13 second game.....but...I digress.

The most interesting thing about one team “owning” another concerning the Bengals and Burrow....the NEXT game for Cincy vs Cleveland has the opposite effect.

The Browns have OWNED Cincy and Burrow. Beating Burrow FIVE TIMES IN A ROW. The Browns have beaten Cincy SIX games in a row, although the oldest win was with Dalton at QB in week #14 in 2019.

The last time Cincy has beating Cleveland is week #17 in 2019.

The last five losses (all with Burrow at QB) were by the scores of...

2022 - 32-13

2021 - 41-16
    2021 - 21-16

2020 - 35-30
    2020 - 37-34

Seems the beatings have gotten worse lately.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Match up is still important. It's why the Bills went out and got Von Miller because they have to match up to the Chiefs.

The Browns have a strong D front which matched up well against the Bengals O-Line. Then Browns offense features smash mouth offense which does not play into the teeth of Bengals defense.

Now seeing how Deshaun Watson played at Houston, I don't know the Browns has a chance next week.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Match up is still important. It's why the Bills went out and got Von Miller because they have to match up to the Chiefs.

The Browns have a strong D front which matched up well against the Bengals O-Line. Then Browns offense features smash mouth offense which does not play into the teeth of Bengals defense.

Now seeing how Deshaun Watson played at Houston, I don't know the Browns has a chance next week.
    Divisional games are funny. Teams can absolutely suck, but still play divisional opponents very tough.

21. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-06-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The same way the Browns beat the Bengals 32-13 in week #8.

Run the ball down their throats.....172 yards rushing with Chubb gaining 101....totally opposite against the Bills when Buffalo stuffed Chubb for only 19 yards on 14 carries, and Brissett was their #2 rusher with 29 yards, just three behind Hunt who only gained 32....and stopping the run.

The Browns held Cincy to only 36 yards rushing in week #8, leading rusher was Mixon with only 27 yards on 8 carries.

As opposed to what the Bills did against them rushing for 171 yards....with both Singletary and Cook gaining 86 yards, and Josh hardly running at all....3 carries for 87 yards.

I’m not calling the game for the Browns just yet. And Watson will get better. Not sure if he will be a factor. He knows he played poorly last week. If and how much he improves is one of THE story lines this week

In any event, it’s going to be a really good game. With it being in Cincy, I am leaning toward the Bengals finally beating the Browns after five straight losses.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe. But I don't expect Cincy to lose to the Browns twice.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe. But I don't expect Cincy to lose to the Browns twice.
    No one expected them to lose to the Browns twice last year either. And last year’s 41-16 loss to the Browns in week #9 (right after their dismal loss to the terrible Jets team) was really sad.

I’m with you though....I don’t expect Cincy to lose to the Browns twice this year, but would not surprise me one bit.

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,005 Times in 2,185 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Chiefs will lose out. We have nothing to worry about. Lmao
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.