Thread: Pending Bills free agent willing to do ‘whatever I gotta do to stay in Buffalo’

Thanks
    Thanked 7,521 Times in 6,083 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Pending Bills free agent willing to do ‘whatever I gotta do to stay in Buffalo’

If you need a reminder of how good the culture is in Buffalo, Rodger Saffold gave you one on Saturday morning.

The Buffalo Bills’ starting left guard took to social media and let his desire to continue playing in Buffalo be known publicly. He wrote on Twitter, “I’ll do whatever I gotta do to stay in Buffalo.”

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
    163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Pending Bills free agent willing to do ‘whatever I gotta do to stay in Buffalo’

Do we feel the same about him?

0 sacks in 12 games really!

https://twitter.com/Rodger_Saffold/s...n-buffalo.html

I still believe we need to draft every OL position.

Center, OG and OT .... we have one RESPONSIBILITY protect JOSH!
    Last edited by Woodman; 12-04-2022 at 04:39 PM.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,009 Times in 4,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Pending Bills free agent willing to do ‘whatever I gotta do to stay in Buffalo’

He started out a bit shaky, but he's been good for most of the year. It would be nice to keep him, as I doubt he would cost much.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,631 Times in 7,702 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    He started out a bit shaky, but he's been good for most of the year. It would be nice to keep him, as I doubt he would cost much.
    I disagree. Saffold has been a huge disappointment. Joe. B.’s extremely credible and accurate ALL-22 grading has him the second worst player on the team in the full season GPA of only 1.99 (out of 4.00). That places him #33 out of 34.

Only Greg Van Rosen is below him at a 1.67 GPA.

The weekly grades have him almost aways at the bottom of all the players....

LA Rams - 28 of 30 - C+
    Tennessee - 40 of 40 - D+
    Miami - 31 of 31 - D-
    Baltimore - 22 of 29 - B-
    Pittsburgh - 26 of 33 - B-
    Kansas City - 26 of 30 - C+
    Green Bay - 28 of 31 - C
    NY Jets - 17 of 27 - C+ (Whoopie!!!)
    Minnesota - 25 of 28 - D+
    Cleveland - 15 of 30 - B (Whoopee!!!!....almost made the top half )
    Detroit - 25 of 31 - C
    New England - not out yet.

If Saffold is “willing to do whatever I gotta do to stay in Buffalo’” - he might want to start by playing a LOT better.

Right now he is the biggest liability on the O-line and the full team for that matter.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 842 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

FWIW PFF has saffold graded in the low 50s which is below average/bad category

Thanks
    Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,992 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree that he's been below average and a disappointment. I appreciate him wanting to stay and potentially take less money, but he hasn't played well enough. We need an upgrade at LG.

7. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-05-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 1,127 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree we need to upgrade the O-line and let’s hope the do! Having said that, we are going to need backups and with the amount of free agents we’ll have next year, if he’s willing to do whatever to stay, I say keep him IF HE TRULY MEANS IT!!!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    FWIW PFF has saffold graded in the low 50s which is below average/bad category
    PFF is not credible therefore anyone grading with similar results… also not credible.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    I agree we need to upgrade the O-line and let’s hope the do! Having said that, we are going to need backups and with the amount of free agents we’ll have next year, if he’s willing to do whatever to stay, I say keep him IF HE TRULY MEANS IT!!!
    He won't play for what we're hoping

We need to draft Center, OG and OT.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,466 Times in 9,174 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I can appreciate his enthusiasm but they seemed better to me at the end of last year with Bates at LG and Williams at RG. Kind of seems like they just should have upgraded RG if they were determined to get rid of Williams.....and they kept Bobby Hart, so I'm not sure why they were determined to get rid of Williams.

Yeah, I know Williams was getting tackle money, but the Bills are the ones who decided to pay him tackle money and move him to guard, and if protecting Allen was paramount...?

I know Williams was not a great guard, so maybe draft a guy to step in later, and keep the consistency for an SB run ?

I'm not really noticing what Kromer upgraded as OL coach, or what Saffold upgraded at LG, or even that Bates (who I think highly of) is even doing that great at RG.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,467 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Saffold has played better as the year has gone on IMO, but he certainly isn't irreplaceable. If we can get another average year or two out of him I'd be OK with it, although I agree with Mace LG seems to be Bates' best position.

I want the Bills kid (coincidence, lol) out of Utah, but he's just a sophomore so probably won't be available until at least the '24 draft. Check him out in the Rose Bowl if you are so inclined.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

13. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (12-05-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills kid from Utah is a brawler, tough and nasty. He’s what you want in an O-lineman.

15. Post thanked by:

YardRat (12-05-2022)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Regardless of Saffold and ones opinion about him, the message received is that the locker room is a major positive.

Free agents make note of those things, in addition to playing for a winner. See Von Miller.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

17. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (12-06-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Regardless of Saffold and ones opinion about him, the message received is that the locker room is a major positive.

Free agents make note of those things, in addition to playing for a winner. See Von Miller.
    Good point!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,631 Times in 7,702 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post

Fair point.