Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Analyze the chiefs schedule this year

We play to win the game! BuffaloBlitz83's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Analyze the chiefs schedule this year

The 2 tough games all year was buffalo and bengals and they lost both.

Iiterly almost lost to raiders, chargers, and titans. Lost to colts too.

So when we question our close wins... look at the vaunted chiefs this year.

2. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-05-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 6,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Analyze the chiefs schedule this year

Totally fair!
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Thanks
    Thanked 26,288 Times in 13,721 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post
    The 2 tough games all year was buffalo and bengals and they lost both.

Iiterly almost lost to raiders, chargers, and titans. Lost to colts too.

They beat the Titans and Commanders, both of whom are 7-5 and the Commanders are in the toughest div in football and would likely have a better record in any other div. They also destroyed the 49ers, who are 8-4 and lead their division. If you want to say that they failed in their two attempts against top AFC teams, fair. If you want to say they haven't beaten any tough opponents, I think you're selling them short a bit.

5. Post thanked by:

Kenny (12-05-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Not a bad thread and something to think about. With that said, Op is right about the SF game. Not only did they quickly turn the page from losing to us, they went on to embarrass a SB worthy dominant D in their own backyard.

Like it or not, it is the most impressive performance in the NFL this season to date.

It’s all coaching, and why I think we are ultimately screwed in the playoffs unless we have HFA. Look down the list of AFC contenders (no, Baltimore is not one) and no team needs the bye more than Buffalo

7. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (12-05-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

HFA makes all the difference when 2 great QBs square off. Brady and Manning went a combined 5-0 in their H2H matchups with HFA

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,384 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    They beat the Titans and Commanders, both of whom are 7-5 and the Commanders are in the toughest div in football and would likely have a better record in any other div. They also destroyed the 49ers, who are 8-4 and lead their division. If you want to say that they failed in their two attempts against top AFC teams, fair. If you want to say they haven't beaten any tough opponents, I think you're selling them short a bit.
    Do you think the Titans are as good with Malik Willis as with Ryan Tannehill?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Even if the Chiefs have struggled a bit, their last 5 games are all winnable so we need to win out or lose the top seed.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    Do you think the Titans are as good with Malik Willis as with Ryan Tannehill?
    I didn't realize Tannehill had gotten hurt. TBH I know nothing about Willis, but most teams take a huge step back without their starter, so my gut feeling is to say no, they are not as good with Wills.

We play to win the game! BuffaloBlitz83's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Commanders and giants are frauds. They aren't as good as records. I'd take afc east over nfc east. Bills , mia, jets. Over Philly, dallas, and giants. I can see pats beating washington. I'll give you san fran. Add the ravens as a bills win too

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 7,271 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

1-5 in their last 6 games against Buffalo and Cinci. And we all know that should be 0-6.

14. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-05-2022),sahlensguy (12-06-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didn't realize Tannehill had gotten hurt. TBH I know nothing about Willis, but most teams take a huge step back without their starter, so my gut feeling is to say no, they are not as good with Wills.
    Yeah Tannehill missed a few games. They got the Titans without a threat to throw. Still a decent team but not the same caliber.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's because you don't pay attention, you just assume things by outcomes.

17. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-05-2022),Novacane (12-05-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    That's because you don't pay attention, you just assume things by outcomes.
    Yeah, imagine basing opinions on actual results! Who would be that stupid?!?!

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, imagine basing opinions on actual results! Who would be that stupid?!?!
    Not you, because it's clear that you don't

Thanks
    Thanked 11,693 Times in 7,754 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Except the Chiefs did not even play against Washington. And, Washington lost to both Detroit and Tennessee, which the Bills both beat.

Yes, SanFran was their most impressive win. Not surprising coming off their biggest loss, at home against the Bills.

The four wins after the SanFran game were against Tennessee, that took them OT against one of the crappiest QB performances of the year, Willis went 5/16 for 80 yards and a passer rating of only 49. The Chief’s BARELY beat them.

The Titans, with Tannehill, just got their clocks cleaned at the hands of Philly.

Then they beat Jax, one of the most inconsistent team in the NFL....then LAC, the same. Then LAR who were missing most of their key players and is enjoying the worst SB hangover in history.

The trouble with your lame analysis vis ’s vis KC and Buffalo, is that you are so DOWN and GROSSY NEGATIVE against the Bills and give KC passes and excuses that you don’t for the Bills.

The statement "If you want to say they haven't beaten any tough opponents, I think you're selling them short a bit.” applies to the BILLS more than KC.

I fact, it can be credibly argued that the ONLY win KC has against a “tough opponent” is SanFran.

Arizona, LAC twice, Tampa Bay (after they lost to GB and within their streak of losing FIVE of SIX games), LVR (who are one of the most undeprefeming teams in the NFL), Tenn (barely with crappy Willis at QB). JAX and LAR is not that much of a record against “tough” teams.

Your double standard is obvious to all of us Bills fans.
    Last edited by notacon; 12-05-2022 at 06:04 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Except the Chiefs did not even play against Washington. And, Washington lost to both Detroit and Tennessee, which the Bills both beat.

Yes, SanFran was their most impressive win. Not surprising coming off their biggest loss, at home against the Bills.

The four wins after the SanFran game were against Tennessee, that took them OT against one of the crappiest QB performances of the year, Willis went 5/16 for 80 yards and a passer rating of only 49. The Chief’s BARELY beat them.

The Titans, with Tannehill, just got their clocks cleaned at the hands of Philly.

Then they beat Jax, one of the most inconsistent team in the NFL....then LAC, the same. Then LAR who were missing most of their key players and is enjoying the worst SB hangover in history.

The trouble with your lame analysis vis ’s vis KC and Buffalo, is that you are so DOWN and GROSSY NEGATIVE against the Bills and give KC passes and excuses that you don’t for the Bills.

The statement "If you want to say they haven't beaten any tough opponents, I think you're selling them short a bit.” applies to the BILLS more than KC.

I fact, it can be credibly argued that the ONLY win KC has against a “tough opponent” is SanFran.

Arizona, LAC twice, Tampa Bay (after they lost to GB and within their streak of losing FIVE of SIX games), LVR (who are one of the most undeprefeming teams in the NFL), Tenn (barely with crappy Willis at QB). JAX and LAR is not that much of a record against “tough” teams.

Your double standard is obvious to all of us Bills fans.
    My bad. I didn't realize that the Commanders game was preseason, so obviously that doesn't count.

Yes, I give KC excuses that I don't give the Bills. You know why? THEY BEAT US IN THE PLAYOFFS TWO STRAIGHT YEARS. They've made it to the SB twice and won it once. We haven't beaten them in the playoffs, we haven't had the level of playoff success that they have. They've proven themselves, we haven't.

And, you fail to see your own double standard. A couple of years back when I pointed out that the Bills didn't beat any good teams, you nearly lost your ****. But, now you're using "KC didn't beat any good teams" as an argument. You selectively apply logic: if it makes the Bills look bad, then it doesn't count. If it makes the Bills look good, or makes our opponents look bad, then you use it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't know there will be a team finishing the season with 3 losses in AFC. It is a tough conference. Just for refence - before the season, everyone picked the Bills to superbowl, #1 seed, etc., etc. and they still pegged the Bills with a 13-4 record. And by the way, most of the common losses people picked are Ravens, Chiefs, Bengals, etc.

I still see the Chiefs will lose one more game. It might be a surprise loss like the Colts game. Or the Raiders game - coming to think of it, it might be better the Raiders is out of it by then where they have nothing to lose and just want to stick it to the Chiefs.

By the same token, I think the Bengals are playing Browns with Watson, at Tampa, at NE, home to Bills and Ravens. Far from a cakewalk.

And lastly, I think the Bills may have a loss along the way in the next 5 games as well. They have won 3 in a row. To make an 8 game winning streak is ... extremely difficult for any team.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My bad. I didn't realize that the Commanders game was preseason, so obviously that doesn't count.

Yes, I give KC excuses that I don't give the Bills. You know why? THEY BEAT US IN THE PLAYOFFS TWO STRAIGHT YEARS. They've made it to the SB twice and won it once. We haven't beaten them in the playoffs, we haven't had the level of playoff success that they have. They've proven themselves, we haven't.

And, you fail to see your own double standard. A couple of years back when I pointed out that the Bills didn't beat any good teams, you nearly lost your ****. But, now you're using "KC didn't beat any good teams" as an argument. You selectively apply logic: if it makes the Bills look bad, then it doesn't count. If it makes the Bills look good, or makes our opponents look bad, then you use it.

Its worse than that. I literally made this same exact thread a few weeks ago, and this was his response to ME

"Not sure what point you are trying to make, except promoting your obsession with trying to denigrate the Chiefs (BTW, in 2021 KC had the hardest SOS at .538 and the #3 hardest SOV with .517. #1 in SOV for 2021 was Detroit with a .627 SOV for their three measly wins and Jax had .569 for their three wins.), but, here are the facts so far in 2022.....

ESPN’s “playoff standings” provides the SOS and SOV for each team.

KC is in the middle of the NFL with a SOS of .485. Ranked #16 (out of 25, tied with 3 other teams). Buffalo is ranked #8 with SOS of .544

KC’s SOV is .460, ranked #8 (out of 27, tied with NYJ)

Buffalo is tied for #1 SOV of .500 (along with Pittsburgh, the only other team with a SOV at .500).

The Bills SOS and SOV (when they beat them) will go higher after this week because they face the 7-1 Vikings.

Minny, BTW, has a SOS of .457, ranked #18 (of 27) and a SOV of only .387, rated #19 (of 27).

As for remaining schedule, Tankathon publishes, and updates, the “remaining schedule strength” based on SOS.

Buffalo is ranked #12 with SOS of .538. KC is ranked #30 with SOS of .420."
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

24. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (12-05-2022)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,489 Times in 9,186 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post

I'm one of those who question the close wins. Not the wins mind you. Winning by 1 is winning.

What bothers me is that I don't get where the powerful, confident, buzzsaw offense went at the bye. Bills just strike me as wobbly and tentative, and I personally wonder at this point if they can match firepower with playoff teams.

26. Post thanked by:

Kenny (12-05-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,526 Times in 17,419 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Their record is 9-3, and Buffalo's is 9-3, and both teams have 5 games left.

The Chiefs lost to two teams in their weight class (Buffalo and Cincinnati) and one that wasn't (Indy).
    Buffalo lost to at least two (NYJ and Miami) and arguably a third (Minnesota) that are a rung below.

KC needs help to get the one seed, Buffalo doesn't.

That's pretty much the only analysis necessary.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

28. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-06-2022)