View Poll Results: Would you?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! A superbowl is worth it!

12 80.00%
  • No way, I couldn't endure that again

3 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade a Bills Superbowl championship for 20 more years of sucking?

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,997 Times in 4,225 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Would you trade a Bills Superbowl championship for 20 more years of sucking?

Would you trade a Buffalo Bills superbowl championship, for another 20 year drought like the one we all just experienced?

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Would you trade a Bills Superbowl championship for 20 more years of sucking?

Ahhh...the Rams situation..
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,997 Times in 4,225 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Would you trade a Bills Superbowl championship for 20 more years of sucking?

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Ahhh...the Rams situation..
    My heart says I would, but my brain says there's no way I could go last another 20 year drought.

4. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (12-07-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,336 Times in 7,239 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yes. Then write off football.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It would be better than having another 20 year drought without a Superbowl win.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,168 Times in 13,657 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ugh. That's a tough one.

I'm a Nationals fan. They won the World Series in 2019. It was amazing to watch. But, they've sucked ever since. They lost 107 games last season. Meanwhile, the Mets and Braves both won 101 games, and the Phillies made the playoffs too. The Mets signed Verlander and the Phillies signed former Nat Trea Turner, so all 3 are poised to make the playoffs again and possibly win a title. The Nationals have some talent in the pipeline, but realistically they are probably 3 years from being competitive again. It sucks watching all of our division rivals be successful while the Nats are lingering in the basement.

And while I like baseball, I care about football a lot more than I care about baseball. We suffered two decades of sucking, and as if that wasn't bad enough, division rival NE dominated the league during that same time period. Watching the Bills be mired in mediocrity was bad enough on it's own, and then we still had to watch those *******s win it SIX ****ING TIMES. I'm stuck in that cycle with my baseball team and I can't imagine going back to that with football too.

Realistically, though, there's no reason to be that bad for that long. The NFL is cyclical. NE's success streak and our drought are the exceptions. We should be relevant for 5-6 years- maybe less if we get a title and the roster and coaching staff get raided, then spend a year or two retooling, then be relevant for another 5 years or so, then Josh will be done and it'll be time for a full-on rebuild. There should NEVER be another 2 decade stretch that is that bad.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,516 Times in 6,079 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'd take 4 str8 and somebody else could do the sucking.

9. Post thanked by:

YardRat (12-07-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 1,127 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hell yes, besides who know some of us won’t even make 20 more years and I want to experience a SB win before I go!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

11. Post thanked by:

Mace (12-07-2022),TacklingDummy (12-07-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Or don't take it this year and win the next 4 str8 what's your choice then?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,284 Times in 3,776 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

For the 1st one, sure. We just came out of 20 years of sucking and were still here...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Or don't take it this year and win the next 4 str8 what's your choice then?
    If you can guarantee four in a row sure, if not I’ll take the bird in the hand, you can keep the bush, lol.

15. Post thanked by:

Mace (12-07-2022),notacon (12-07-2022),Woodman (12-07-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    If you can guarantee four in a row sure, if not I’ll take the bird in the hand, you can keep the bush, lol.
    Guaranteed 4 str8 dominant Super Bowl victories!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Guaranteed 4 str8 dominant Super Bowl victories!!!!
    Sure.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It appears that the Rams signed up for the 1 and done for 20.

19. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (12-07-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,599 Times in 7,678 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Easy....NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

In the 56 years of Super Bowl titles the most wins is still only six. NE is the anomaly in winning those within a 20 year span. Possibly a feat never to be duplicated in the age of huge contacts and salary cap.

Only one other team has won six titles, Pittsburgh, who won four in the 70’s (before the cap) and had a 26 year gap until their next one in 2005 and then again in 2008.

SanFran is #2 with 5 tiles, all within 13 years, but also all before the salary cap era.

Dallas is tied with SanFran with 5 titles, two in the 70’s and then 15 year gap before they won three more within four years in the 90’s....all before the salary cap era.

The point is that SB wins are not common. 31 teams every year will not win.

Fielding a competitive team year after year, with the realistic possibility of winning one (every year) is much better (IMO) than selling out everything to win one, and then suck balls, like LA Rams.

LA could suck for several more years.

The teams that have won multiple titles...had two undeniable traits......an elite QB (or more than one, for example, like Pittsburgh with Bradshaw and Big Ben) and extremely sound football organizations that compete year after year.

The Bills never had an extremely sound football organization for the first 54 years of their existence, with the terrible owner Ralph Wilson.

Terry Pegula is the opposite of Wilson. And the football organization he has developed is top notch. And NOW, the Bills have, not only an “elite” QB, but one of the most gifted unicorn QB’s in NFL history and one of the best QB’s in the game today.

So, in reality, the choice of this poll is a false one. It’s not a “trade of a Bills Super Bowl championship” for “20 more years of sucking”

The Bills are poised and positioned well to give us BOTH....Superbowl championships (multiple ones) AND 20 years of competitive teams that are contenders year after year after year.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,455 Times in 9,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I can't answer. I feel old. I want to see them win it all for everyone I've known that never did and died, I don't want to be one of them. I want to know how it feels and see the fans and this city get their precious moment that everyone will remember forever, and feel that feeling like it was yesterday. It's the stuff of lasting cherished memories.

On the other hand I don't want to end up being Christopher Pike from Star Trek, sitting crippled in my box cart, in some nursing home, stuck watching a weekly horror, haunted by memories of Johnson, Bullough, Jauron, and Rex Ryan and unable to turn it off.

So I'll just say, I flatly want one, then more success for as long as I keep breathing.

22. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (12-07-2022),YardRat (12-07-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I can't answer. I feel old. I want to see them win it all for everyone I've known that never did and died, I don't want to be one of them. I want to know how it feels and see the fans and this city get their precious moment that everyone will remember forever, and feel that feeling like it was yesterday. It's the stuff of lasting cherished memories.

On the other hand I don't want to end up being Christopher Pike from Star Trek, sitting crippled in my box cart, in some nursing home, stuck watching a weekly horror, haunted by memories of Johnson, Bullough, Jauron, and Rex Ryan and unable to turn it off.

So I'll just say, I flatly want one, then more success for as long as I keep breathing.
    I have three brothers that live and died with the Bills, two of them are older 70 & 66 and one younger 56 and a lot of cousins all over the age group. Like everyone here we have MANY family members that have passed or are at an age that it could happen so.

GIVE US ALL A ****ING SB NOW! WE ALL DESERVE IT!

24. Post thanked by:

Mace (12-07-2022)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,455 Times in 9,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    I have three brothers that live and died with the Bills, two of them are older 70 & 66 and one younger 56 and a lot of cousins all over the age group. Like everyone here we have MANY family members that have passed or are at an age that it could happen so.

GIVE US ALL A ****ING SB NOW! WE ALL DESERVE IT!
    Seriously We buried my Uncle in his Bills Hat back in the 90's, my brother not so long ago the same, my Mom in hospice, "maybe it will be this year", like that was a concern of hers in the moment.....but it was. Friends, family, knocked down by the years always thinking maybe this one....

Win this damn thing and validate us all.

Twice.

26. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (12-07-2022)

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,593 Times in 4,537 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I should add a third option...
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Seriously We buried my Uncle in his Bills Hat back in the 90's, my brother not so long ago the same, my Mom in hospice, "maybe it will be this year", like that was a concern of hers in the moment.....but it was. Friends, family, knocked down by the years always thinking maybe this one....

Win this damn thing and validate us all.

Twice.
    I hear you brother, I wish a SB win for Buffalo more than anything else. For the love of my family!

29. Post thanked by:

Mace (12-07-2022)