Thread: Ken Dorsey: Odell Beckham Jr. would be a piece for an already really strong group

Thanks
    Thanked 7,626 Times in 6,176 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ken Dorsey: Odell Beckham Jr. would be a piece for an already really strong group

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-strong-group/

Receiver Odell Beckham Jr. is making the rounds on his midseason free-agency tour, with his next stop salted to be Buffalo.

On Tuesday, Bills offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey was asked if Beckham’s visit is due to a missing piece.

“I think the biggest thing is, obviously, he’s a heck of a player,” Dorsey said, via Henry McKenna of FOXSports.com. “But we feel like we’ve got a lot of great players on our team. And anytime you can create opportunities to create problems for defenses, you’re always looking at ways to do that — different ways to attack defenses whether it’s personnel or scheme. So that would be another part of that.

“But at the same time, we’ve really been so happy with the guys that are here [and] what they’re doing. [Beckham] would just be another piece to add to an already really strong group.”

Though Dorsey is in his first year as offensive coordinator, the Bills haven’t missed a beat after former play-caller Brian Daboll moved on to be the Giants head coach. Buffalo enters Week 14 No. 2 in yards and No. 3 in points scored.

FSU WR K. Coleman #33
    Utah DB C. Bishop #60
    Duke DT D. Carter #95
    Kentucky RB R.Davis #128
    Georgia C S.VanPran-Granger #141
    Washington LB Edefuan Ulofoshio #160
    Troy DE J.Solomon #168
    UCF OT T.Grable #204
    Penn ST. CB D.Hardy #219
    England OT T.Clayton #221

Thanks
    Thanked 5,381 Times in 3,855 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ken Dorsey: Odell Beckham Jr. would be a piece for an already really strong group

Bring him in if the price makes sense.

3. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (12-06-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,317 Times in 13,737 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ken Dorsey: Odell Beckham Jr. would be a piece for an already really strong group

Meh.

I wish we could split into 2 different parallel universes, with the only difference being the two is that we have one where OBJ signs with the Bills, and one where he doesn't. My guess is that the results for the Bills for this season would be exactly the same in both scenarios.

I just don't see him being a difference-maker coming off such a long layoff and joining the team so late.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,086 Times in 4,282 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If I'm a team and he refuses to work out, I tell him to kindly exit the premises.

6. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (12-06-2022),Historian (12-06-2022),imbondz (12-08-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,381 Times in 3,855 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Meh.

I wish we could split into 2 different parallel universes, with the only difference being the two is that we have one where OBJ signs with the Bills, and one where he doesn't. My guess is that the results for the Bills for this season would be exactly the same in both scenarios.

I just don't see him being a difference-maker coming off such a long layoff and joining the team so late.
    I was for getting him last year, but in the end, he would have made no difference in the KC game. We couldn't have been any better on offense and it was our defense that lost that game.

He's less of a player now than he was before the injury and I don't see him as a big difference maker.

8. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (12-07-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He would be a piece not a feature guy as Dorsey mentioned.

He poses a matchup problem still!

He's even a bit of an insurance policy.

Of course this all depends on can he play NOW??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    If I'm a team and he refuses to work out, I tell him to kindly exit the premises.
    Oh he's definitely not gonna workout for anybody period.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If he's healthy and football ready ........ if so he'd definitely make a difference there's absolutely no questioning that. JMHO

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Bring him in if the price makes sense.
    We do have the open roster spot ..... question is does he want too much moola!

How fast can you say panic in KC and Cincinnati if he could join us football ready.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,495 Times in 9,190 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    How fast can you say panic in KC and Cincinnati if he could join us football ready.
    I think opponents were plenty worried about our offense up until the bye without Beckham. In those 6 games we had over 400 yards 5 times, went over 500 once, Allen went over 300 yards 4 times and over 400 once. In the 6 games since, we've gone over 400 yards twice, Allen has gone over 200 yards 4 times, over 300 yards once.

Whatever the problem is, it's more than adding a Beckham.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I think opponents were plenty worried about our offense up until the bye without Beckham. In those 6 games we had over 400 yards 5 times, went over 500 once, Allen went over 300 yards 4 times and over 400 once. In the 6 games since, we've gone over 400 yards twice, Allen has gone over 200 yards 4 times, over 300 yards once.

Whatever the problem is, it's more than adding a Beckham.
    Maybe .... but if he is added and there's plenty of doubt about that ..... he just might light a fire under the asses that aren't being as productive as they were earlier.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...y-this-season/

Report: Cowboys have concerns about whether Odell Beckham can play this season

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said after Sunday’s big win over the Colts that he would be comfortable “doing something uncomfortable” with Odell Beckham. Jones, though, took a different tone Tuesday, saying he was “not confident at all” with signing the free agent receiver without a workout.

It surely wasn’t a coincidence that Jones’ latest comments came after Beckham underwent a thorough physical at the team’s training facility with team doctors.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,030 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I was for adding him but if he won't work out, how do we know he is healthy? It is irresponsible to pay someone we don't know is healthy.

17. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (12-06-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...y-this-season/

Report: Cowboys have concerns about whether Odell Beckham can play this season

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said after Sunday’s big win over the Colts that he would be comfortable “doing something uncomfortable” with Odell Beckham. Jones, though, took a different tone Tuesday, saying he was “not confident at all” with signing the free agent receiver without a workout.
    It surely wasn’t a coincidence that Jones’ latest comments came after Beckham underwent a thorough physical at the team’s training facility with team doctors.

DOES THIS MEAN DALLAS IS OUT???

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,926 Times in 4,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If can't play this year and the price is not right then cya.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,363 Times in 15,494 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Look how long it took Tre to come back....a full year.

And he still doesn't seem comfortable out there.

And Odell is ready after 10 months?

Hard pass.

If we have to add someone, I prefer it be a defensive back.

21. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (12-08-2022),imbondz (12-08-2022)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Showing his highlights pre-injury does nothing for me. He needs to be worked out hard for a good hour in front of the staff, if they actually have any interest. Sound bites to the press doesn't move any needle. Hot air.

His word is worthless and his past off-field behavior screams caution.

No one is debating past talent..
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

23. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (12-08-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...in-five-weeks/

Odell Beckham’s visit to Dallas was followed by reports the Cowboys have concerns the receiver’s ACL recovery has not progressed enough to ensure he would play before mid-January. Beckham, though, told Cowboys linebacker Micah Parsons he expects to play in five weeks.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,317 Times in 13,737 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...in-five-weeks/

Odell Beckham’s visit to Dallas was followed by reports the Cowboys have concerns the receiver’s ACL recovery has not progressed enough to ensure he would play before mid-January. Beckham, though, told Cowboys linebacker Micah Parsons he expects to play in five weeks.
    five weeks? There are only 5 weeks left in the season.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,086 Times in 4,282 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

five weeks? There are only 5 weeks left in the season.
    This guy is delusional.

What team, in their right mind, would sign him to any contract this year?

I'm so sick and tired of hearing about this idiot.

27. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (12-08-2022),Night Train (12-08-2022),notacon (12-08-2022),OpIv37 (12-08-2022)