Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,154
    Thanks
    550
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,215 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    26

    Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

    Yesterday on the pat mcafee show, von said he was planning on this being his last year but now his acl is causing him to want to continue playing because he doesnt want to go out like that. That bothers me... a lot. We signed him for what we thought was at minimum, 3 yrs, but he strait out said he was going to retire after this year


    does anyone else find that a bit odd?
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,154
    Thanks
    550
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,215 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    26

    Re: Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about


  3. #3
    Unreachable Douche
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    70,844
    Thanks
    9,570
    Thanked 6,566 Times in 4,149 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    198

    Re: Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

    Buffalo Bills pass-rusher Von Miller believes he has a lot left to his career despite suffering a torn ACL two weeks ago, as he told The Pat McAfee Show on Thursday:

    "It's nothing but work, you're never out of the fight, man," Miller said. "I plan on playing four, five, six more years, and this is the route I had to take to get there."

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ite-acl-injury

  4. #4
    Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    In the Black Hills
    Posts
    44,181
    Thanks
    14,663
    Thanked 7,283 Times in 4,326 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    153

    Re: Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    Yesterday on the pat mcafee show, von said he was planning on this being his last year but now his acl is causing him to want to continue playing because he doesnt want to go out like that. That bothers me... a lot. We signed him for what we thought was at minimum, 3 yrs, but he strait out said he was going to retire after this year


    does anyone else find that a bit odd?
    That's not how I understood him. I understood him to say that IF this were his last year... then he would have tried playing out the year. But, since he plans on playing for several more years - it was better to get it fixed correctly now.
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

    For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

  5. Post thanked by:

    kgun12 (12-09-2022),Lone Stranger (12-11-2022),Mace (12-09-2022),Night Train (12-10-2022),notacon (12-10-2022),Novacane (12-09-2022),TacklingDummy (12-09-2022),YardRat (12-09-2022)

  6. #5
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    98,213
    Thanks
    14,327
    Thanked 25,015 Times in 12,935 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    277

    Re: Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

    Meh. People say messed up stuff when they’re hurt. He flat out said he was here to help us win a SB. Now, he’s both in physical pain with the injury and upset that he can’t help with the stretch run or the playoffs.

    Ever watch UFC? Fighters frequently claim they are retiring during the post fight interview after a loss, and at least half of them rethink it when they aren’t physically and emotionally drained. To me, this feels like the same thing.

  7. #6
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    47,563
    Thanks
    5,047
    Thanked 6,365 Times in 5,071 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by Cntrygal View Post
    That's not how I understood him. I understood him to say that IF this were his last year... then he would have tried playing out the year. But, since he plans on playing for several more years - it was better to get it fixed correctly now.
    That's exactly what he said and meant.
    “Want me to be okay with losing? Nah.”
    “Want me to be okay with our level of play? Nah.”


  8. Post thanked by:

    Cntrygal (12-09-2022),kgun12 (12-09-2022)

  9. #7
    Administrator DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    104,332
    Thanks
    4,740
    Thanked 23,495 Times in 13,507 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    268

    Re: Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

    I have zero expectations that he would see out this contract. If he was health and we won one this year then I could have absolutely seen him retiring. Now he’s definitely coming back and that’s a positive.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

  10. Post thanked by:

    Cntrygal (12-09-2022),OpIv37 (12-09-2022)

  11. #8
    Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    19,394
    Thanks
    24,245
    Thanked 15,844 Times in 8,760 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    57

    Re: Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I have zero expectations that he would see out this contract. If he was health and we won one this year then I could have absolutely seen him retiring. Now he’s definitely coming back and that’s a positive.

    Oh, I don't see him playing out the contract, but I never saw him being the guy to take a season and run for the bus. He's going to eat an extra year no matter on the decline after he figures he's done. At the very least, the dude is a real pro.

  12. #9
    Unreachable Douche
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    70,844
    Thanks
    9,570
    Thanked 6,566 Times in 4,149 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    198

    Re: Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Oh, I don't see him playing out the contract, but I never saw him being the guy to take a season and run for the bus. He's going to eat an extra year no matter on the decline after he figures he's done. At the very least, the dude is a real pro.
    He’s staying as long as the Bills are paying. If he produces the next 2 years, he will stay somewhere for more.

    Cash is king.

  13. #10
    Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sitting on a toilet tank near you.
    Posts
    28,272
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 7,059 Times in 3,625 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    112

    Re: Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

    Taken way out of context.

  14. Post thanked by:

    notacon (12-10-2022)

  15. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,154
    Thanks
    550
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,215 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    26

    Re: Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

    Yeah i heard it wrong

  16. Post thanked by:

    Cntrygal (12-09-2022),notacon (12-10-2022)

  17. #12
    Dances With Buffaloes Ingtar33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    14,525
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 4,073 Times in 1,924 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    62

    Re: Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

    yeah, i think you heard it wrong my fella.

    he wasn't saying that at all. it was a hypothetical, he made it clear he
    1) wants to win another superbowl
    2) wants to play another 5-6 years if he can
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

    MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

  18. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,154
    Thanks
    550
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,215 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    26

    Re: Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    yeah, i think you heard it wrong my fella.

    he wasn't saying that at all. it was a hypothetical, he made it clear he
    1) wants to win another superbowl
    2) wants to play another 5-6 years if he can

    I was at work and i think i got distracted then heard him say that, and with the thumbnail, i misread the situation

  19. Post thanked by:

    Cntrygal (12-11-2022)

  20. #14
    Registered User Borosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    625
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 250 Times in 135 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    21

    Re: Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

    It doesn't help that the title and thumbnail of the video on Youtube say the same thing. Clearly clickbait, which is an absurd and completely unnecessary strategy for Pat McAfee and his brand.

  21. Post thanked by:

    Cntrygal (12-11-2022)

  22. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,154
    Thanks
    550
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,215 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    26

    Re: Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by Borosai View Post
    It doesn't help that the title and thumbnail of the video on Youtube say the same thing. Clearly clickbait, which is an absurd and completely unnecessary strategy for Pat McAfee and his brand.


    I watch the show literally everyday. I honestly feel like they do that almost sarcastically. If you watch the show, its hard to take those things seriously. My issue is the only thing i heard was that. Regardless your right, i just know that show isnt about being click baity, they try and be almost sarcastic about that stuff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •