Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tua Status for Sunday

Thanks
    Thanked 1,878 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tua Status for Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Technically correct. But earlier in the season, he was so concussed against us that his teammates had to hold him up. Somehow, he finished the game AND was back on the field 5 days later. I don’t think the “independent” doctors are as independent as the league wants us to believe
    You are correct, the NFL cares about the product not the players.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

2. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (01-09-2023)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Technically correct. But earlier in the season, he was so concussed against us that his teammates had to hold him up. Somehow, he finished the game AND was back on the field 5 days later. I don’t think the “independent” doctors are as independent as the league wants us to believe
    Agreed, but you don’t think they will be extra careful now? If they let him back too early again, and something catastrophic happens, they should be sent to prison

4. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (01-10-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-10-2023),YardRat (01-10-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,844 Times in 3,497 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I just don't want to see the guy get permanently damaged.
    The Dolphins certainly don’t care.

6. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (01-10-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-10-2023)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

just hope a top back Dr. is on the field, just in case he needs a mid-game readjustment and massage.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

8. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (01-10-2023),TacklingDummy (01-10-2023),YardRat (01-10-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,695 Times in 7,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I would rather Tua does play.

So when the Bills crush the Fins it would prevent the “the Bills won because Tua was not playing” bullcrap.

Tua does not play on defense. And the difference in this game is the Dolphins defense will not be able to stop Josh Allen and the Bills offense.

The Miami defense sucks and has most of the season, but especially in December.

10. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (01-10-2023),Novacane (01-10-2023),Saratoga Slim (01-10-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-10-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 625 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post

So when the Bills crush the Fins it would prevent the “the Bills won because Tua was not playing” bullcrap.

Tua does not play on defense. And the difference in this game is the Dolphins defense will not be able to stop Josh Allen and the Bills offense.

I'm with you. I don't like asteriks. That's one reason I'm hoping the Bengals wash out this weekend, so that we don't have to hear about the unfairness of them having to play at Highmark. The other reason is they are kind of scary.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

12. Post thanked by:

notacon (01-10-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-10-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,290 Times in 13,723 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Who cares? It's the playoffs. Whatever it takes to stay in as long as possible.

14. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (01-10-2023),kgun12 (01-10-2023),Mace (01-10-2023),Mad Bomber (01-10-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-10-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,272 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga Slim View Post
    I'm with you. I don't like asteriks. That's one reason I'm hoping the Bengals wash out this weekend, so that we don't have to hear about the unfairness of them having to play at Highmark. The other reason is they are kind of scary.

That's my only reason I'm rooting for Baltimore.

16. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (01-10-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Who cares? It's the playoffs. Whatever it takes to stay in as long as possible.
    Exactly. I don't give a crap if they have to wheel out Marino to play QB. The Bills have caught exactly ZERO breaks this year. None. Not one.

18. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (01-10-2023),Historian (01-10-2023),kgun12 (01-10-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-10-2023)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,249 Times in 15,411 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Exactly. I don't give a crap if they have to wheel out Marino to play QB. The Bills have caught exactly ZERO breaks this year. None. Not one.
    It has been brutal hasn't it?

I think the reason so many people are down on a 13-3 team, is because of 1. the preseason hype, and 2, the way they came storming out of the gate.

Then we lost Hyde.

Then we lost a game in 108 degree heat.

Then we lost Von Miller.

Then we lost a game where all we had to do was kneel down.

Then we had a game moved because of a snowstorm.

Then we had to have players driven to the airport on snowmobiles thanks to a blizzard.

Then one of our players almost dies on the field.

Personally, I think it's a bit much to overcome.

I wonder if they even have any gas left in the tank for the playoffs.

20. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (01-10-2023),kgun12 (01-10-2023),Mace (01-10-2023),Night Train (01-10-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-10-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,290 Times in 13,723 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post

I think the reason so many people are down on a 13-3 team, is because of 1. the preseason hype, and 2, the way they came storming out of the gate.

Then we lost Hyde.

Then we lost Von Miller.

Then we had to have players driven to the airport on snowmobiles thanks to a blizzard.

I think Hamlin's recovery will help motivate them, but yeah... other than maybe the Saints after Katrina, it's hard to think of a team that's faced so much adversity in a single season.

22. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-11-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-10-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,934 Times in 3,490 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

On balance I'd prefer he didn't play. My main reason is I think it's highly dangerous and even though he's an opposing player I am totally all set with seeing anyone on a cart right now. To me it would be negligence in the extreme for him to be out there. A puff of wind might concuss him again. The other reason is even though I doubt very much they can win with Tua I think he gives them some chance, the last game was highly competitive.

And right now advancing by whatever means is the only thing that matters to me. Give me the Lombardi. The hows and whys will fade over time.

24. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (01-10-2023),kgun12 (01-10-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-10-2023)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post

Then we lost Hyde.

Then we lost Von Miller.

Just speaking for myself, I'm so down on a 13-3 team because Allen just doesn't look right (I don't believe it's his head), the receivers have developed hands of stone, and spongy McFrazier defense has no bag of tricks or creativity, while tackling is still dubious at times. We're going to be facing higher caliber opponents fiercely motivated, and we're going to need more than a running game to match points against some of them.

They just don't give me any degree of confidence.

26. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-11-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-10-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

As a human being, I hope Tua retires and enjoys his health and his millions. He seems like an honestly good guy who has shut his critics up. He doesn't have the physical tools that Herbert does, but in the Dolphins system (when he was healthy) - they looked like Super Bowl contenders who could beat anyone.

As a Bills fan, I hope Tua plays, because the Bills now need to prove they can handle the elite teams. No need for them to get overconfident by beating a 3rd string QB at home.

I hate the Dolphins as a team (including their ownership), but it's hard to hate Tua. Any feelings we felt for Hamlin should also apply to Tua, but in a different way.

28. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Just speaking for myself, I'm so down on a 13-3 team because Allen just doesn't look right (I don't believe it's his head), the receivers have developed hands of stone.
    Erik Turner of Cover 1 thinks the safety net that Josh had under Daboll - the slot receiver production - is the biggest problem this year. For the system Daboll installed, that guy needs to produce and you see it in NE for so many years. Davis is what he is, a solid #2 which the market will say about $13 million per.

They are speculating the Bills to draft a WR relative high next year. I think the slot guy you are looking for is already on the roster. No it's not McKenzie. It's the rookie Shakir. I still think he can develop into that productive one. Asking him to be that one as a rookie is not realistic.

30. Post thanked by:

Mace (01-10-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-10-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For the love of God

Allen had a better season this year, than he did last year. Stop with the stupidity

32. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,565 Times in 6,124 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lexwhat View Post
    As a human being, I hope Tua retires and enjoys his health and his millions. He seems like an honestly good guy who has shut his critics up. He doesn't have the physical tools that Herbert does, but in the Dolphins system (when he was healthy) - they looked like Super Bowl contenders who could beat anyone.

As a Bills fan, I hope Tua plays, because the Bills now need to prove they can handle the elite teams. No need for them to get overconfident by beating a 3rd string QB at home.

I hate the Dolphins as a team (including their ownership), but it's hard to hate Tua. Any feelings we felt for Hamlin should also apply to Tua, but in a different way.
    I'm for what's best for Tua ..... pretty sure what that is.

Go Bills!
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Thanks
    Thanked 5,086 Times in 3,569 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't care if the 4th string QB starts for Miami. The Bills had numerous injuries the first game and were playing on a day and a third less of rest, in sweltering Miami. But you didn't hear them say "I wish the Bills were 100% and had a full week."

35. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,565 Times in 6,124 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why who among us would ever post anything so wholeheartedly foolish.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,530 Times in 17,423 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga Slim View Post
    I would rather Tua not play, beat the Dolphins, and who gives a **** about any asterisk or "yeah but" narrative.

#1 and most important his health, even if he is a Dolphin.
    #2 and secondary, I really don't want to put this team in another situation where they are re-living Hamlin's scenario because Tua got hammered and is lifeless on the turf posting again, obviously concussed again.

And we still need to win, I'll take any advantage we can get because the inconsistency they have been playing with they need it.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

38. Post thanked by:

Mace (01-11-2023)