• Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Tua Status for Sunday

Originally posted by Historian View Post
    It has been brutal hasn't it?

I think the reason so many people are down on a 13-3 team, is because of 1. the preseason hype, and 2, the way they came storming out of the gate.

Then we lost Hyde.

Then we lost a game in 108 degree heat.

Then we lost Von Miller.

Then we lost a game where all we had to do was kneel down.

Then we had a game moved because of a snowstorm.

Then we had to have players driven to the airport on snowmobiles thanks to a blizzard.

Then one of our players almost dies on the field.

Personally, I think it's a bit much to overcome.

I wonder if they even have any gas left in the tank for the playoffs.

I think Hamlin's recovery will help motivate them, but yeah... other than maybe the Saints after Katrina, it's hard to think of a team that's faced so much adversity in a single season.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
      I would rather Tua does play.

So when the Bills crush the Fins it would prevent the “the Bills won because Tua was not playing” bullcrap.

Tua does not play on defense. And the difference in this game is the Dolphins defense will not be able to stop Josh Allen and the Bills offense.

The Miami defense sucks and has most of the season, but especially in December.
      On balance I'd prefer he didn't play. My main reason is I think it's highly dangerous and even though he's an opposing player I am totally all set with seeing anyone on a cart right now. To me it would be negligence in the extreme for him to be out there. A puff of wind might concuss him again. The other reason is even though I doubt very much they can win with Tua I think he gives them some chance, the last game was highly competitive.

And right now advancing by whatever means is the only thing that matters to me. Give me the Lombardi. The hows and whys will fade over time.

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Historian View Post
        It has been brutal hasn't it?

I think the reason so many people are down on a 13-3 team, is because of 1. the preseason hype, and 2, the way they came storming out of the gate.

Then we lost Hyde.

Then we lost a game in 108 degree heat.

Then we lost Von Miller.

Then we lost a game where all we had to do was kneel down.

Then we had a game moved because of a snowstorm.

Then we had to have players driven to the airport on snowmobiles thanks to a blizzard.

Then one of our players almost dies on the field.

Personally, I think it's a bit much to overcome.

I wonder if they even have any gas left in the tank for the playoffs.

Just speaking for myself, I'm so down on a 13-3 team because Allen just doesn't look right (I don't believe it's his head), the receivers have developed hands of stone, and spongy McFrazier defense has no bag of tricks or creativity, while tackling is still dubious at times. We're going to be facing higher caliber opponents fiercely motivated, and we're going to need more than a running game to match points against some of them.

They just don't give me any degree of confidence.

Comment

• Lexwhat
          • Feb 2005

As a human being, I hope Tua retires and enjoys his health and his millions. He seems like an honestly good guy who has shut his critics up. He doesn't have the physical tools that Herbert does, but in the Dolphins system (when he was healthy) - they looked like Super Bowl contenders who could beat anyone.

As a Bills fan, I hope Tua plays, because the Bills now need to prove they can handle the elite teams. No need for them to get overconfident by beating a 3rd string QB at home.

I hate the Dolphins as a team (including their ownership), but it's hard to hate Tua. Any feelings we felt for Hamlin should also apply to Tua, but in a different way.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post
            Just speaking for myself, I'm so down on a 13-3 team because Allen just doesn't look right (I don't believe it's his head), the receivers have developed hands of stone.
            Erik Turner of Cover 1 thinks the safety net that Josh had under Daboll - the slot receiver production - is the biggest problem this year. For the system Daboll installed, that guy needs to produce and you see it in NE for so many years. Davis is what he is, a solid #2 which the market will say about $13 million per.

They are speculating the Bills to draft a WR relative high next year. I think the slot guy you are looking for is already on the roster. No it's not McKenzie. It's the rookie Shakir. I still think he can develop into that productive one. Asking him to be that one as a rookie is not realistic.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

For the love of God

Allen had a better season this year, than he did last year. Stop with the stupidity

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Lexwhat View Post
                As a human being, I hope Tua retires and enjoys his health and his millions. He seems like an honestly good guy who has shut his critics up. He doesn't have the physical tools that Herbert does, but in the Dolphins system (when he was healthy) - they looked like Super Bowl contenders who could beat anyone.

As a Bills fan, I hope Tua plays, because the Bills now need to prove they can handle the elite teams. No need for them to get overconfident by beating a 3rd string QB at home.

I hate the Dolphins as a team (including their ownership), but it's hard to hate Tua. Any feelings we felt for Hamlin should also apply to Tua, but in a different way.
                I'm for what's best for Tua ..... pretty sure what that is.

Go Bills!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

So when the Bills crush the Fins it would prevent the “the Bills won because Tua was not playing” bullcrap.

Tua does not play on defense. And the difference in this game is the Dolphins defense will not be able to stop Josh Allen and the Bills offense.

I don't care if the 4th string QB starts for Miami. The Bills had numerous injuries the first game and were playing on a day and a third less of rest, in sweltering Miami. But you didn't hear them say "I wish the Bills were 100% and had a full week."

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Why who among us would ever post anything so wholeheartedly foolish.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim View Post
                      I'm with you. I don't like asteriks. That's one reason I'm hoping the Bengals wash out this weekend, so that we don't have to hear about the unfairness of them having to play at Highmark. The other reason is they are kind of scary.
                      I would rather Tua not play, beat the Dolphins, and who gives a **** about any asterisk or "yeah but" narrative.

#1 and most important his health, even if he is a Dolphin.
                      #2 and secondary, I really don't want to put this team in another situation where they are re-living Hamlin's scenario because Tua got hammered and is lifeless on the turf posting again, obviously concussed again.

And we still need to win, I'll take any advantage we can get because the inconsistency they have been playing with they need it.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• notacon
                        • Aug 2012

It’s irreverent if Tua plays or not in respect to the Bills winning the game.

No matter who is at QB for Miami the Bills are going to win and I believe they will cover the spread.

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Buffalo is going to beat the snot out of Miami just like they did NE last year.

Comment

• Cali512
                            • Jan 2012

Hell need to play "heads up" football if he does
                            Last edited by Cali512; 01-11-2023, 03:09 AM.
                            Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Mike13
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                              Buffalo is going to beat the snot out of Miami just like they did NE last year.
                              The past two games have been decided by 5 points.

Comment

• Mike13
                                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                                The Dolphins certainly don’t care.
                                How is Mitch Morse doing by the way? As long as we're talking about teams not caring about concussed players.

Comment

Working...
                                X