Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Tua Status for Sunday

Singletary made sure of that.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• jamze132
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Mike13 View Post
      The past two games have been decided by 5 points.
      So you’re nervous, I get it. You ever have a gut feeling?

How is Mitch Morse doing by the way? As long as we're talking about teams not caring about concussed players.
      Did Mitch have two concussions within a month? Did Mitch fall to the ground and look like he was having a seizure? Stop trying to be so argumentative.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Tua technically will be able to play after he’s cleared under the five-step return to play protocol. At this point, what responsible doctor will sign off on letting Tua play again? And what kind of messages could they be getting from a broader football power structure that is still reeling from the horrifying on-field cardiac arrest suffered by Bills safety Damar Hamlin?

At this point, the last thing the NFL needs is another serious on-field injury. Tua provided exactly that, in Week Four against the Bengals.

Ultimately, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross makes the call on whether Tua does or doesn’t play. Some think he should have kept Tua from playing on that fateful night in Cincinnati, four days after Tua struck his head on the ground and clearly wobbled before inexplicably being cleared to return to a game against the Bills.

Even if the doctors clear Tua to play against Buffalo, Ross has to sign off on it. It’s hard to imagine Ross letting it happen.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
          It’s irreverent if Tua plays or not in respect to the Bills winning the game.

No matter who is at QB for Miami the Bills are going to win and I believe they will cover the spread.
          Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
          Buffalo is going to beat the snot out of Miami just like they did NE last year.
          It's completely insane that some of you think this is going to be a blowout. We already played them twice and both games were close, with them winning one. If Tua doesn't play, MAYBE it'll be a blowout. If he plays, it's going to be another dogfight.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mike13
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
            So you’re nervous, I get it. You ever have a gut feeling?

Did Mitch have two concussions within a month? Did Mitch fall to the ground and look like he was having a seizure? Stop trying to be so argumentative.
            1) I'm not nervous. Just spitting facts.

2) Neat, Mitch Morse still has eight concussions and your team is okay with that. Its ok to admit you're hypocritical.
            tical.

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
            https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ing-on-sunday/

Tua technically will be able to play after he’s cleared under the five-step return to play protocol. At this point, what responsible doctor will sign off on letting Tua play again? And what kind of messages could they be getting from a broader football power structure that is still reeling from the horrifying on-field cardiac arrest suffered by Bills safety Damar Hamlin?

At this point, the last thing the NFL needs is another serious on-field injury. Tua provided exactly that, in Week Four against the Bengals.

Ultimately, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross makes the call on whether Tua does or doesn’t play. Some think he should have kept Tua from playing on that fateful night in Cincinnati, four days after Tua struck his head on the ground and clearly wobbled before inexplicably being cleared to return to a game against the Bills.

Even if the doctors clear Tua to play against Buffalo, Ross has to sign off on it. It’s hard to imagine Ross letting it happen.
            Ross is somehow both a hands off owner and yet signs off on whether Tua can play? Florio really is dumber than people give him credit for.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

A lot of us have said Morse should retire. Tua has had 3 in 12 games. I feel like he's going to keep getting them every time his head hits the ground now which is going to be 2-3 times a season. Teams are going to let them play if they are showing no signs of concussion and out of the protocol. It's on the players. These guys should think about their families and long term health. They both have enough money to last their kids lifetime.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

How is Mitch Morse doing by the way? As long as we're talking about teams not caring about concussed players.
                Prior to this recent one, Morse last had a concussion 2 years ago. He's had 6 in his 8 years in the league. Tua has had 3 in a 3 month period. It's not even close to comparable. He should seriously think about retiring.

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Ross is somehow both a hands off owner and yet signs off on whether Tua can play?
                  He pays his contract so of course he'll need to sign off.

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

For the talley books, I refer to the NFL not caring in most instances. I did get on the Dolphins for the “back injury”. But the NFL is mostly at fault, I don’t believe the independent doctors are independent, i believe the NFL does a baseline CAT scans of all its players but I wonder in cases like Tua and especially Morse do they compare then and now? There’s a lot of lip service about concussions but that all it is, lip service.
                    Last edited by kgun12; 01-11-2023, 08:50 AM.
                    Retired Air Traffic Controller
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                      For the talley books, I refer to the NFL not caring in most instances. I did get on the Dolphins for the “back injury”. But the NFL is mostly at fault, I don’t believe the independent doctors are independent, i believe the NFL does a baseline CAT scans of all its players but I wonder in cases like Tua and especially Morse do they compare then and now? There’s a lot of lip service about concussions but that all it is, lip service.
                      But it's up to the player and team to protect themselves/their investment. If Tua was concussed, he should have told them that. And the team should he looking out for that.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

I hope somebody gives a **** about him.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                          I hope somebody gives a **** about him.
                          You would think he would. But if he's worried about losing his starting gig...

Comment

• kgun12
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                            But it's up to the player and team to protect themselves/their investment. If Tua was concussed, he should have told them that. And the team should he looking out for that.
                            It’s not the team the lawyers go after for concussions, it’s not the teams that set the protocols and it’s not the team that decides if a player goes back in according to some here. It’s the independent doctors governed by the NFL’s policies. So if the doctor gives the thumbs up after a player passes the concussion protocol, they can play in the next game of go back in.
                            Retired Air Traffic Controller
                            USAF VETERAN
                            DAV

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

Mitch Morse still has eight concussions and your team is okay with that. Its ok to admit you're hypocritical.
                              tical.
                              we all kinda hope he makes some decisions with his life and future in mind. As a bills fan i'd love to see Morse play, however, as a human being i really hope someone sits down with him and talks to him about his future and CTE, and he make some hard decisions. If that means early retirement, I'll be a bit releaved.

Tua is starting to remind me of Chris Chandler. That poor bastard had a concussion issue (and an injury issue), and never could get a full season under his belt without collecting a couple of them (injuries and or concusions) and the concusions were a bad issue, the dude would try to play through it while he was getting his brains beaten into portage.

I have a feeling if Tua insists in playing in the NFL, his career arc will end up much like Chris Chandlers.
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Woodman
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Apr 2014

Accountability pretty big word.

Comment

Working...
                                X