• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Tua Status for Sunday

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
    It’s not the team the lawyers go after for concussions, it’s not the teams that set the protocols and it’s not the team that decides if a player goes back in according to some here. It’s the independent doctors governed by the NFL’s policies. So if the doctor gives the thumbs up after a player passes the concussion protocol, they can play in the next game of go back in.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
      we all kinda hope he makes some decisions with his life and future in mind. As a bills fan i'd love to see Morse play, however, as a human being i really hope someone sits down with him and talks to him about his future and CTE, and he make some hard decisions. If that means early retirement, I'll be a bit releaved.

Tua is starting to remind me of Chris Chandler. That poor bastard had a concussion issue (and an injury issue), and never could get a full season under his belt without collecting a couple of them (injuries and or concusions) and the concusions were a bad issue, the dude would try to play through it while he was getting his brains beaten into portage.

I have a feeling if Tua insists in playing in the NFL, his career arc will end up much like Chris Chandlers.

All concussed players make the decision that's best for themselves and their families.

There's supposed to be life after football.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Kenny
        • Aug 2004

Saw this on reddit

edit: image wont post so have a look here: https://i.redd.it/0z7z4y13hfba1.png
        Last edited by Kenny; 01-11-2023, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
          Saw this on reddit

edit: image wont post so have a look here: https://i.redd.it/0z7z4y13hfba1.png
          error 403 forbidden.

Comment

• Kenny
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
            error 403 forbidden.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Got it weekend at Tua's

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mike13 View Post
                How is Mitch Morse doing by the way? As long as we're talking about teams not caring about concussed players.
                I think every poster on this board cares about Mitch Morse. And no one is clammering for him to play no matter what. If he retires at the end of the year most of us will be relieved. To me it's questionable whether Morse should be out there. But if he had the same recent history as Tua with 3 concussions in 3 months it would not make one bit of sense for him to be playing period. Is that clear enough?

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                  I think every poster on this board cares about Mitch Morse. And no one is clammering for him to play no matter what. If he retires at the end of the year most of us will be relieved. To me it's questionable whether Morse should be out there. But if he had the same recent history as Tua with 3 concussions in 3 months it would not make one bit of sense for him to be playing period. Is that clear enough?

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                    • Feb 2005

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]6m ·

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Ian Rapoport

Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel said that QB Tua Tagovailoa has been ruled out.

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]

[/COLOR]

In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

If it is up to the players, it is up to their situation. Tua is a young player who hasn't got paid. Financial and alpha dog mentality (for these NFL player) wise, he would want to play in his first playoff game, unless he's not in time to clear.

I have a feeling Morse will stick around at least one more year, even the Bills would go on to win a superbowl this year. I listened to his interview before the Bengals game when he came back from the concussion. You can tell he's at peace with his decision and he calmly mentioned his family is at peace with this decision. He signed 2 year extension. I feel he plays at least one more season if not both.

I know things change every year and you never know about injury. But I just feel the best shot this Bills team at superbowl was last year and will be next year. Last year they peaked at the right time. Next year they will have marginal contributors this year - Cook, Shakir, Davis entering contract year, Spencer Brown, Elam, White - potentially stepping up to another level. This year unfortunately we have too many injuries and transitions (coaches, and rookies reliance), and we still have a good shot of going all the way.
                      Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 01-11-2023, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

Imagine that, he's out.

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Right decision.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                            Right decision.
                            100%

Comment

• sukie
                              Seriously?
                              • Sep 2012

Just an update. Tua remains in concussion protocol… how many weeks out?

Comment

• Mace
                                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                                Just an update. Tua remains in concussion protocol… how many weeks out?
                                Oof. Since 12/26, so 4 and counting.

Just looked it up, Kevin Kolb retired after his last one took him 6 weeks to recover from.
                                Last edited by Mace; 01-28-2023, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X