• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

Re: Poyer Thanks Mafia

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    We paid a lot of guys- Josh, Diggs, Milano, Knox, Miller, White... there is only so much cap space. Eventually, someone is going to be the odd man out. I'd like to keep Poyer but with his age, it doesn't make sense to give him a big multi-year deal. And if someone offers him one, I don't blame him for taking it. It's probably going to be his last big contract.

Ideally for the team, he hits the FA market, no one offers him a long-term deal, and we can bring him back for 1 or 2 years without committing big money long-term. But, that's wishful thinking.
    Agreed

This is not the off-season to ‘bring back the band’
    the band wasn’t good enough in the end
    whether that’s the band mates, or the producers. Things need to change
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

We paid a lot of guys- Josh, Diggs, Milano, Knox, Miller, White... there is only so much cap space. Eventually, someone is going to be the odd man out. I'd like to keep Poyer but with his age, it doesn't make sense to give him a big multi-year deal. And if someone offers him one, I don't blame him for taking it. It's probably going to be his last big contract.

Ideally for the team, he hits the FA market, no one offers him a long-term deal, and we can bring him back for 1 or 2 years without committing big money long-term. But, that's wishful thinking.
      I think this year clearly demonstrated they the glue of the defensive backfield is Hyde and not Poyer. I don’t have much interest in brining him back at this point. We need to find cheaper alternatives with higher ceilings.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
        [ATTACH]19679[/ATTACH]
        Adios!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          I think this year clearly demonstrated they the glue of the defensive backfield is Hyde and not Poyer. I don’t have much interest in brining him back at this point. We need to find cheaper alternatives with higher ceilings.
          You make a fair point, but my concern in these situations is always finding the replacement.

During the drought, some really bad FO's made good decisions by letting FA's walk rather than overpay them, but they usually failed to find sufficient replacements.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by yordad View Post
            We are undefeated in games he played this year.
            Were.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

You make a fair point, but my concern in these situations is always finding the replacement.

During the drought, some really bad FO's made good decisions by letting FA's walk rather than overpay them, but they usually failed to find sufficient replacements.
              McBeane found Hyde and Poyer, they can do it again.
              Retired Air Traffic Controller
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Now he’s acting like a child, taking about going to the rivals, I’ll show the Bills!

Buffalo Bills star safety Jordan Poyer is set to become an unrestricted free agent this coming offseason, and it seems that he likes the idea of teaming up with Miami Dolphins safety Jevon Holland.
                Retired Air Traffic Controller
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

Dolphins don’t have the cake for Poyer but let them spend away on an old guy.

Comment

• Ed
                    • Sep 2002

Sounds like Christian Benford could be a good cheap option to move to safety to replace Poyer. He's got a great skill set for the position and the Bills obviously like and trust him a lot. I'm sure they'll make some other additions here, but I'm a fan of this idea.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                      Sounds like Christian Benford could be a good cheap option to move to safety to replace Poyer. He's got a great skill set for the position and the Bills obviously like and trust him a lot. I'm sure they'll make some other additions here, but I'm a fan of this idea.
                      Can he tackle well enough though

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

The best way to build a team is through the draft but when you have an expensive QB it's the only way. We're going to have to NAIL the draft and even then some hard decisions are going to need to be made.

Comment

• Ed
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                          Can he tackle well enough though
                          He was generally viewed as a good tackler in scouting reports due to his size and physicality. He was talked about as a hard hitter and ball hawk, which is why there seemed to be plenty of speculation that his best position could be as a safety. I think he's got a legit shot to be the starter next to Hyde.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Agreed!

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

He was generally viewed as a good tackler in scouting reports due to his size and physicality. He was talked about as a hard hitter and ball hawk, which is why there seemed to be plenty of speculation that his best position could be as a safety. I think he's got a legit shot to be the starter next to Hyde.
                              He will be Poyer's replacement unless there's a better option.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                                We play to win the game!
                                • Oct 2009

Wife dropped the hint that it’s a wrap.

Rachel
                                @Rachel__Bush
                                ·
                                Follow
                                Still taking time to process all this while packing our house completely up for the first time in 6 years. Seems surreal. Bills Mafia, regardless of what happens-whatever comes of Jordan’s FA this year, y’all have been AMAZING these past few years. THANK YOU❤️💙

Comment

Working...
                                X