Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Frazier

Thanks
    Thanked 7,521 Times in 6,083 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Fire Frazier

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    The Chiefs played two high a lot and won, lots of Quarters coverage, lots of two deep shells. If Frazier was watching he was probably thinking he's vindicated. LOL

The difference is they have Chris Jones, The Greek, Frank Clark, and they actually got pressure.
    Sad but he probably does believe that.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
    163 **189 **200 **204 **248

The things I get you to say Gibby 2.0's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,062 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I am revisiting this thread. Yeah, the Chiefs got pressure consistently and we did not. That is on Frazier. Fire his ass
    Insert whimsical line here

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They blitzed at just the right times.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You must create pressure if it's with 4 that's incredible but if you need 5 or sometimes 6 you gotta go for it.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,873 Times in 2,066 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nah you’re wrong
    i enjoy rushing four, never getting to the quarterback and dropping the corners off 15 yards on 3rd and 8

works every time

and when it doesn’t work, it’s probably the secondary coach fault. Since it’s his game plan and all and all his players were either injured or died on the field
    Last edited by kscdogbillsfan1221; 01-30-2023 at 03:47 AM.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

6. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-30-2023),kgun12 (01-30-2023),Mace (01-30-2023),Novacane (01-31-2023),TacklingDummy (01-30-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,467 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Unfortunately the DC talent pool looks pretty thin and there is decent competition for spots.

There are at least three opening still (Minnesota, Houston, Tampa?) and who is out there? Wilks? Flores? Ron Rivera if he gets canned in DC?

I didn't watch much of Carolina the last few seasons but don't they play the same shells as Frazier to limit the pass?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    Nah you’re wrong
    i enjoy rushing four, never getting to the quarterback and dropping the corners off 15 yards on 3rd and 8

works every time

and when it doesn’t work, it’s probably the secondary coach fault. Since it’s his game plan and all and all his players were either injured or died on the field
    I know who's playing to win anyway

Thanks
    Thanked 5,284 Times in 3,776 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Frazier is the prime scapegoat.

The lack of attention to the other side of the ball is the biggest problem, shared by McDorsbeane.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Frazier has no bag of tricks. Burrow struggled against man, so they played zone where he thrived. Burrow thrives against a 4 man rush so even when they blitzed, they dropped a lineman into coverage and only rushed 4. Tackling is an issue, that's defensive fundamentals, been years. They line up softer than the 1st down marker on 3rd downs and long yardage.

That's all McFrazier, joined at the hip.
    Outside of Elam, none of the other corners on this roster are man corners. You're not going to scheme against what your talent can do. Even though I saw where you posted that Burrow was 2 of 9 against man. The problem is when you're playing zone you better have a pass rush or the better receivers of this league, like Higgins and Chase, are going to find holes in the zone if you allow the QB 3 seconds+ to throw the ball.

Like I said that's not Frazier's problem that he doesn't have the proper talent to run a scheme that we're trying to do here and what was assembled, that's a McBeane problem for not giving him the right tools to run the defense properly.

Square peg, round hole.

Regular season football this is masked because you're not playing Burrow or Mahomes every week...but you even saw a guy like Kirk Cousins light up this defense because the talent just isn't there.

11. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-31-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    I agree with the rest of your post. Frazier is absolutely part of the problem. I don't know that ditching him would help since he's here to implement McDermotts love of conservative defense. That's why he's part of the problem.
    Who do you bring to coach this group of underachievers and never wills though?

And then when whomever that is doesn't work, is he also the problem?

Coaching can only go so far if you don't have the talent.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,631 Times in 7,702 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

“INSANE OVERREACTION for $1,000, Alex"

Jesus. The defense played extremely well this season, despite the multiple injuries. Frazier is not going anywhere, nor should he.

The offense was unreliable at times, but still played very well this season. In many respects, better than in 2021.

A few boneheaded plays, mostly by Josh Allen, cost us the three tight losses we had.

The offense was absent in the Cincy game. I have detailed out the facts. Scoring only 10 points hardly ever wins you any games. And replacing Dorsey is NOT the solution.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    “INSANE OVERREACTION for $1,000, Alex"

Jesus. The defense played extremely well this season, despite the multiple injuries. Frazier is not going anywhere, nor should he.

The offense was unreliable at times, but still played very well this season. In many respects, better than in 2021.

A few boneheaded plays, mostly by Josh Allen, cost us the three tight losses we had.

The offense was absent in the Cincy game. I have detailed out the facts. Scoring only 10 points hardly ever wins you any games. And replacing Dorsey is NOT the solution.

Josh allowed 2 easy consecutive TDs in a home playoff game in bad weather and Josh also failed to pressure Burrow going against backups . Don’t forget.

The 10 seconds debacle is tough to overlook when your incredibly healthy D had no answer for the Bengals.

there is a trend and I see it as a base 4-2-5 doesn’t work with Buffalo when you really need it.

Miami game 2 thru 3 showed how to beat the 4-2-5.

maybe players more suited and younger are needed.

if you are accepting of this 3rd place finish in the AFC… I commend you.

this off-season will show us what the assistant Head coach is made of… if he’s still in Buffalo.

15. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (01-30-2023)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,468 Times in 9,174 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Outside of Elam, none of the other corners on this roster are man corners. You're not going to scheme against what your talent can do. Even though I saw where you posted that Burrow was 2 of 9 against man. The problem is when you're playing zone you better have a pass rush or the better receivers of this league, like Higgins and Chase, are going to find holes in the zone if you allow the QB 3 seconds+ to throw the ball.

Like I said that's not Frazier's problem that he doesn't have the proper talent to run a scheme that we're trying to do here and what was assembled, that's a McBeane problem for not giving him the right tools to run the defense properly.

Square peg, round hole.

Regular season football this is masked because you're not playing Burrow or Mahomes every week...but you even saw a guy like Kirk Cousins light up this defense because the talent just isn't there.
    I can't say how he finishes his recovery but Tre White was also good at man.

Here's the thing, if you don't have the talent for your scheme, you scheme for your talent, you should be scheming for your talent anyway, or you have the classic square peg round hole. Cookie schooled me on this once.

They've been through a lot of players looking to elevate the scheme, it's the scheme that needs to elevate the available players. Frazier and McDermott have over 40 years of NFL defensive experience and have no solutions, innovation, or creativity, no flexibility. A player goes down, keep running the same scheme with degrading results. Other teams and coordinators adapt, they disguise coverages, run stunts, design unexpected blitzes, line people up in unexpected places, shrink the zones to cover a less capable player, adjust the shell, adapt the scheme to what they have, not who they wish they had.

If McFrazier is incapable of adapting, the good teams know exactly what they'll be facing when they play us, because the film is pristine, nothing will change.

That's a coaching inadequacy, hombre.

17. Post thanked by:

cookie G (01-31-2023),Novacane (01-31-2023),YardRat (01-30-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Unfortunately the DC talent pool looks pretty thin and there is decent competition for spots.

There are at least three opening still (Minnesota, Houston, Tampa?) and who is out there? Wilks? Flores? Ron Rivera if he gets canned in DC?

I didn't watch much of Carolina the last few seasons but don't they play the same shells as Frazier to limit the pass?
    Sadly, the best Tampa 2 guy is, haha, Lovie Smith !!

Ejiro Evero should be a target. He's worked under Fangio, Wade Phillips, Dom Capers, a lot of 4-3. His future is up in the air. About his philosophy :

https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-dc-...angio-s-defens

However, we shall stick with Leslie, no doubt.

19. Post thanked by:

YardRat (01-30-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The sad thing is the defense needs quite a retooling right now. You might as well call it a rebuild.

They are going to go about trying to rebuild the same thing. Sure, they will disguise it a bit and talk about how much they have learned because of the growth mindset and present some changes .... which is going to be your basic hogwash for the same tired thing.

This offseason we should be trying to improve -- and that is a huge task! The whole situation is threatening to set the franchise back at least 3 - 5 years and Pegula is the only person who can stop that from happening.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    The sad thing is the defense needs quite a retooling right now. You might as well call it a rebuild.

They are going to go about trying to rebuild the same thing. Sure, they will disguise it a bit and talk about how much they have learned because of the growth mindset and present some changes .... which is going to be your basic hogwash for the same tired thing.

This offseason we should be trying to improve -- and that is a huge task! The whole situation is threatening to set the franchise back at least 3 - 5 years and Pegula is the only person who can stop that from happening.
    I can't believe Beane doesn't know better, but I can't see anyone being mean to salt of the earth McDermott.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe Denver takes him off our hands.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They don’t have the balls to fire him.
    It should have happened two years ago.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by k-oneputt View Post
    Agreed!

They just don't have the stomach for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by k-oneputt View Post
    When you win 13 games and have a point differential of 169 your D is doing something right… are there issues? Yes Did this D do it without so many starters this year? Oh yeah.

I think a 179 PD and a 3 loss season will be hard to duplicate without player moves. Much more important than the OC.

old guard players will be thinned. New blood is coming and for that I’m excited. I’m more concerned with the OL