Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Diggs may have to go

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Diggs may have to go

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    Can you expand on this a little bit, Rat?

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I think we differ as to how.
    It was clear as day he'd been coached to just unleash. I know we see what Josh is doing on the field and think it's all him but I don't buy into it. Allen was coached to start that behavior. Maybe it's got to do with elbow and he was ok on the long throws but really struggling on the short stuff?

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,904 Times in 4,359 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How was this not a penalty? Bengals got away with alot of **** during game.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 661 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post

Because it's within 5 yards of the LOS... and basically how you should be playing when you're in a man scheme (basically how the Chargers shut down Hill). Also Diggs being off the LOS and getting somewhat of a free release... you would have hoped he could avoid the jam (unless that was a run play designed for Diggs to take out the DB)

Edit: that kind of looked like illegal hands to the face though!
    Last edited by Kenny; 01-24-2023 at 12:39 PM.

4. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (01-24-2023)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post

Edit: that kind of looked like illegal hands to the face
    That's the part I'm talking about. Looks like he basically punches him in the face.

6. Post thanked by:

Kenny (01-24-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,559 Times in 17,443 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Can you expand on this a little bit, Rat?

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I think we differ as to how.
    He threw a a lot more long balls after the bye, we all saw that. His completion percentage went down (because he was taking deeper shots) and his yards per completion went up (he was roughly 9-11 yards prior to the bye, mostly over 12 after). I don't have stats on the air yards per incompletion but I would bet that went up too.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I have no issues with Diggs not getting the ball Sunday. In fact, that is what I would expect because that is how CIN always does it. It is where your best weapon becomes your best decoy. Problem is there isn't enough of anyone else there to actually catch the damn football. So Diggs being silent is not what our problem was Sunday. Diggs shooting his mouth off was a big problem though. No understanding for his tirades. He's a selfish ass pissed off because HE is losing when HE wants to win. Diggs is a ME player. A lot of stuff has happened this season. We didn't know it before. Now we do.

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,005 Times in 2,185 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Diggs was the only one who showed any emotion Sunday and we’re dogging him. He’s our #1 WR who rarely drops passes. Makes no sense.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

10. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-25-2023),Jeff1220 (01-26-2023),Kenny (01-25-2023),Mace (01-25-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    Diggs was the only one who showed any emotion Sunday and we’re dogging him. He’s our #1 WR who rarely drops passes. Makes no sense.
    It does not fit in with McDermott's mantra ergo the mantra gets destroyed. McDermott would have been much better off just saying Diggs is a competitor and was upset so he was being a dork.

Hey all these guys are reeling with PTSD from this season OK. I'm not trying to minimize that in any way being critical of Diggs. In a way they are all sick and are going to need some time. So what happened on the field could and should have a tipped view in light of what the team went through this season. But how do you handle that?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I have no problem with Diggs showing real emotion (probably because I feel the same way) instead of repeating the same cookie-cutter, PC comments you hear every week from this team. That's why they are where they are. "We gotta learn from it and get better." "I can't put my team in that position." "It's a long season." There's always an obvious solution to the problem, but the solution never showed up. The team got worse. Maybe if someone had spoken up earlier in the season, drawing some urgent attention to the poor play we all saw out there, things could've actually been fixed. Instead, they falsely believed the hype, thought everything would be alright by simply continuing "The Process", and boom, Super Bowl champs!

I have no idea what McD does as a head coach. You know you have to run the ball to balance your offense (and I don't mean Allen as your leading rusher). Your offense continues to lack a legit running game. Nothing? Just let it be I guess. I know Allen wants to air it out, and apparently Dorsey does too, regardless of the weather or defense. Someone (McD) needs to straighten that out. The poor coaching isn't new.

So yeah, Diggs should be upset. Allen hasn't played well since the bye. The OC didn't help. McD didn't help. The OL didn't help. And nothing was done about it.

13. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-25-2023),Kenny (01-25-2023),Mace (01-25-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,853 Times in 3,502 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Anyone who thinks we should get rid of Diggs isn’t very football savvy.

IMO, Leslie Frazier is the weak link who refuses to adjust his scheme from game to game. The Bengals punched us in the mouth before Hamlin got hurt and they did the exact same thing again and we did nothing in defense to stop it. They’re down 3 starters on the O-line so the only way they’re going to be successful is with quick passes…so one would think playing press coverage would slow down Burrow’s decision making…which obviously never happened. Every single person catching the ball pretty much had freedom to do so under 10 yards the entire game. There were even a couple of miscommunications in the backfield which screwed us.

So yeah it’s easy to see why the offense was never able to get in sync and it’s why Diggs is miserable, which I fully expect. I wish the rest of the team had his passion for winning.

15. Post thanked by:

Mace (01-25-2023),OpIv37 (01-25-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,457 Times in 14,168 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Because it’s just a jam at the line. It’s a good no call and letting them play football.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Because it’s just a jam at the line. It’s a good no call and letting them play football.
    You can't jam someone with a punch to tbe face. Horrendous no call.

18. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (01-26-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,457 Times in 14,168 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You can't jam someone with a punch to tbe face. Horrendous no call.
    It’s the playoffs, either come to play or get beat. Your sudden need to whine about every call not going the Bills way is akin to Op’s constant negativity.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    It’s the playoffs, either come to play or get beat. Your sudden need to whine about every call not going the Bills way is akin to Op’s constant negativity.
    Whatever.
    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 01-25-2023 at 08:44 AM.

21. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (01-26-2023)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Great thread

lets Get rid of the one wide receiver on this team that runs the correct routes and doesn’t drop balls and hates losing
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

23. Post thanked by:

notacon (01-25-2023)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,301 Times in 15,448 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    He threw a a lot more long balls after the bye, we all saw that. His completion percentage went down (because he was taking deeper shots) and his yards per completion went up (he was roughly 9-11 yards prior to the bye, mostly over 12 after). I don't have stats on the air yards per incompletion but I would bet that went up too.
    I guess it boils down to who's fault that is.

You believe it's Josh, okay.

I tend to think of it as Dorsey's fault. I mean, if you have a thoroughbred, you run him I guess, but you still have to play sound, situational football.

Then there's the line which is average at best, and lost it's starting center for a few weeks.

I don't put this on Josh, I think it comes from the booth, and sometimes, due to a breakdown.

25. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (01-26-2023)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I tend to think of it as Dorsey's fault. I mean, if you have a thoroughbred, you run him I guess, but you still have to play sound, situational football.

Then there's the line which is average at best, and lost it's starting center for a few weeks.

I don't put this on Josh, I think it comes from the booth, and sometimes, due to a breakdown.
    It's 100% coaching.

How many times did Josh throw deep balls in stupid situations last year? You can probably count them on one hand. How many times did they call deep balls in stupid situations this year?

Yes, Daboll had some flaws, but he knew how to call a game. He knew what plays worked and what got Josh and the offense in a rhythm. He didn't just call 20 yard pass plays every time.

Dorsey has no idea what a screen pass is, unless it's a useless WR screen. No TE screens, no RB screens, just stupid bubble screens and an occasional jet sweep. He has no idea how to call a game. Can he learn? Sure. Will he? I don't know. Not in Buffalo, IMO. Not with Josh Allen as his QB. Josh needs someone who will bring him down to earth. Someone who can reign him in with PLAYCALLING.

27. Post thanked by:

Borosai (01-25-2023),jamze132 (01-26-2023),justasportsfan (01-26-2023),kgun12 (01-26-2023),Mace (01-25-2023),sahlensguy (01-25-2023),sukie (01-26-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's where the McDermott problem rears it's ugly head. It's not about whose fault it is. For whatever reason, the mixture is off and it's McDermott who is in the position of oversite to correct it.

29. Post thanked by:

Mace (01-25-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,170 Times in 5,901 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    It's 100% coaching.

How many times did Josh throw deep balls in stupid situations last year? You can probably count them on one hand. How many times did they call deep balls in stupid situations this year?

Yes, Daboll had some flaws, but he knew how to call a game. He knew what plays worked and what got Josh and the offense in a rhythm. He didn't just call 20 yard pass plays every time.

Dorsey has no idea what a screen pass is, unless it's a useless WR screen. No TE screens, no RB screens, just stupid bubble screens and an occasional jet sweep. He has no idea how to call a game. Can he learn? Sure. Will he? I don't know. Not in Buffalo, IMO. Not with Josh Allen as his QB. Josh needs someone who will bring him down to earth. Someone who can rein him in with PLAYCALLING.

not just an awesome post but nearly a piece of artwork.
    The outlets were always in the flat. No RB break off block and turn 4 yards up field over the middle. The WR screen to Diggs worked so well early.

Dorsey loves the sidelines. Loves it . But there is so much between the numbers left there… unused.

odd since he’s a former QB. Lack of non flat RB outlets is maddening.
    Last edited by sukie; 01-26-2023 at 08:34 AM.

31. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (01-26-2023)