The Bills are not talented. Josh Allen is talented.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notacon
    • Aug 2012

Re: The Bills are not talented. Josh Allen is talented.

Jesus. The Bills have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL.

The idea that “the Bills are not talented....” is just dumb and not very realistic.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      Josh is part of the problem, and they can start that mindset with Tremaine Edmunds. Maybe Oliver, too. Cincinnati literally fielded a second-string offensive line, our defensive line should be embarrassed. Of course, part of that is the difference in the QB's also. Burrow has become a calculating surgeon, Josh won't let go of the swashbuckler when the defense is daring him to. And that's the difference between being a regular season glory boy and a legitimate contender.
      Agreed. someone needs to keep Joshs emotions in check. Its what keeps him playing heroball and l;ooking for the big play. Needs to play smart to go along with his talent.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
        I disagree. This team is talented. We just took a few steps back with a rookie OC.
        Agree it's on the coaches to game plan.

Defensively if you don't wish to blitz you better play a little more sticky.

The injury report screamed what the approach would be for the Bengals.

Quick release to cover up the weakness of 3 backup OL.

Just a terrible recognition of what had to be done.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
          Time to face the reality.

This team wins game because Josh Allen is a great player.

A good coach will build a SB winner around Josh Allen.
          I sure hope so!!

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
            When WRs run poor or wrong routes, constantly, the QB is going to lose faith in them, and look somewhere else.

Period.
            That's how it works.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
              I disagree. This team is talented. We just took a few steps back with a rookie OC.
              Spot on !!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

When WRs run poor or wrong routes, constantly, the QB is going to lose faith in them, and look somewhere else.

Period.
                Gabe Davis is one of the worst route runners on this team and he had issues with drops all year but Josh kept throwing him the ball. Your lack of faith argument doesn’t appear to hold much water.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Josh didn't have time to slice and dice anything. Cincy actually played defense, and got to the QB. Buffalo did neither. It's easy to carve a part a defense that gets zero pressure.
                  Josh isn't getting rid of the ball quick enough, he has open receivers on shorter routes.
                  When WRs run poor or wrong routes, constantly, the QB is going to lose faith in them, and look somewhere else. Period.
                  Yes, because Diggs' hissy-fit was probably "I can't get open to save my life because I'm running poor routes and the OC's play design sucks!!!"

Face reality.

Dan Marino's fatal flaw was when things got tough he pitched the running game and short passes and tried to do everything himself, and that's why he consistently lost in the playoffs (or failed to make it at all) and never made it back to the Super Bowl after his first trip early in his career. Like it or not, that's Josh Allen's 'comp' right now and that's not good.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    Josh isn't getting rid of the ball quick enough, he has open receivers on shorter routes.

Yes, because Diggs' hissy-fit was probably "I can't get open to save my life because I'm running poor routes and the OC's play design sucks!!!"

Face reality.

Dan Marino's fatal flaw was when things got tough he pitched the running game and short passes and tried to do everything himself, and that's why he consistently lost in the playoffs (or failed to make it at all) and never made it back to the Super Bowl after his first trip early in his career. Like it or not, that's Josh Allen's 'comp' right now and that's not good.
                    Marino didn’t pitch the running game, he never had one ever and that isn’t in him.

OC needed to shorten the game like Cincy did. Quick short routes and runs. Runs set up play action that gave up intermediate routes. 85% of the time ball was out in les than 2 or close to that.

with footing bad, where were all the RB over middle tosses? I read somewhere Hines was in on under 10 plays since joining Bills… WTF?

When weather sucked Thurman caught more balls. Cook and Singletary both can catch better than McKenz

this was lack of game plan by Dorsey. Maybe his picking plays at rando off a laminated sheet works with Josh in ideal conditions but there should be a plan B.

the first 3 and out plays were it. Obviously no plan of attack . It’s like first down run.

second and 8 (close eyes while assistant mixes up the cards) pick one. Incomplete pass outside

3rd 8 (see above)

punt

game over

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

Right Suk.

And against lesser competition, that can work.

But not in the playoffs, in January, in Buffalo.

What happened to the Bills Sunday reminded me of what happened to Green Bay at home against Tampa a couple years back.

Got out-muscled at home in the elements.

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

nails it… keep reading down. One after the next. Florio says it perfectly.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                          https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelFF...62321391620098

nails it… keep reading down. One after the next. Florio says it perfectly.
                          Florio gets a lot right there about Beane and McDermott but you can tell he doesn’t actually watch the film and the plays.
                          Last edited by DraftBoy; 01-25-2023, 01:52 PM.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

The talent level of the team is not as high as everybody thought at the start of the season, not by a long shot. There are some talented players. I'm not in full agreement with the OP about the exact list of talented players, but there will always be disagreements about that sort of thing.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                            X