• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Postgame McDermott

No. No, this is a good football team," McDermott told reporters when asked if he was concerned about the window closing. "And you learn from things like this. You keep knocking on the door. That's what you do. You stay steadfast in your focus and your approach. You work your tail off. Again, that's a good football team we just played, and they played better than we did tonight. They coached better than we did tonight. And we've got to learn from this and make the proper adjustments as we move forward.
    Following Buffalo's Divisional Round loss to the Bengals, Bills head coach Sean McDermott doesn't believe the team's Super Bowl window is closing despite enduring its worse loss of the season.

I don't even know what to say.
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Re: Postgame McDermott

Dont really expect him to say anything different in a postgame pressor, to be honest.

But I do expect changes in the coming days / weeks. If not, I will be concerned.

I am not with the crowd that says McDermott needs to go, but I do feel he needs to make staff changes. I felt Frazier has only called 1 good playoff game in his career (Ravens last year), but outside of that - I am unimpressed.

The Ravens defensive game plan and execution last week was far superior to ours.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

What didn't you like? They are a good FB team. They don't need to be blown up. The last line...........we need to make the proper adjustments going forward makes me think he knows there has to be changes. He's not going to say it straight up in a postgame press conference.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

The "we'll learn from this and get better" might carry a little weight if they actually did it. But they don't. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing it.

This team is on a downward trajectory. Granted it's slight and not drastic, but beat badly in Championship game-lose close in division round-beat badly in division round is not learning from it and making the proper adjustments....it's being stubborn and making the wrong adjustments.

If the trend continues, next season = losing in the wild card round.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• kgun12
          • Jul 2002

All I can say is I hope like hell Dorsey WOWED the Panthers and McD uses some pull to get him the job!
          Retired Air Traffic Controller
          USAF VETERAN
          DAV

Comment

• sukie
            Seriously?
            • Sep 2012

The D regressed. The wr as a whole regressed. Both lines regressed. I see regression.

still a fun team to watch. I would love the personnel changes to put teams away. Diggs is an island. His greatness is ability to get 100+ in games with zero compliment. Double him and today happens.

load up Mr Beane… I’m not getting younger.
            Last edited by sukie; 01-22-2023, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

The Defense, without pressure from the front 4, is completely useless

Comment

• sahlensguy
                • Mar 2015

Can't stand still this off season.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                  • Sep 2009

Coach talks positively after a loss, news at 11.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                    • Feb 2006

McDermott made it clear they got whooped on the lines. I'm sure he's going to get with beane and tell him we can't win it all with the performance of the d and o lines. the most important part of a any team is the weakest part of ours.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Keep knocking at the door? Are we ****ing Jehovah”s witnesses who can knock on doors til they’re 70 years old?

We only get maybe one or two more knocks.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Lexwhat
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        Keep knocking at the door? Are we ****ing Jehovah”s witnesses who can knock on doors til they’re 70 years old?
                        We only get maybe one or two more knocks.

Yup.

I picked the Bengals to win today - but today's effort was just pathetic, and I expected more passion from this team.

The Bengals maximized their talent, while we were stuck in the mud.

Their DCoordinator showed what a true game plan is like, while ours was the black Dick Jauron.

Comment

• sukie
                          Seriously?
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Lexwhat View Post
                          Yup.

I picked the Bengals to win today - but today's effort was just pathetic, and I expected more passion from this team.

Their DCoordinator showed what a true game plan is like, while ours was the black Dick Jauron.
                          Their D line was better than our D line. Their OC was better… more patient. More imaginative.

Comment

• kgun12
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Lexwhat View Post
                            Yup.

Yeah, we have issues but what really bothers me is how uninspired, unprepared, and unmotivated this team was today. It will bother me as much as 13 seconds, wide right, and music city miracle.
                            Retired Air Traffic Controller
                            USAF VETERAN
                            DAV

Comment

• sukie
                              Seriously?
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                              Yeah, we have issues but what really bothers me is how uninspired, unprepared, and unmotivated this team was today. It will bother me as much as 13 seconds, wide right, and music city miracle.
                              I prefer the blowout over 13 seconds. I know we were worse at skill positions when Davis came back to earth. That and losing Crowder… left us McK and Shakir
                              ( the latter shows promise)

Comment

Working...
                              X