Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: We dont need more weapons

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: We dont need more weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Instead of trading for Hines, we should have made a move for Kadarius Toney.

At least we'd have a dynamic playmaker on offense.

Oh but we don't need those? KC still brought him in. And offensively they're better than we are.
    and their D is avg at best. And they manage

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by GreedoII View Post
    and their D is avg at best. And they manage
    They're completely about giving Mahomes as many weapons as possible to put up as many points as possible.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They're completely about giving Mahomes as many weapons as possible to put up as many points as possible.
    And we are completely about stacking the defense and they end up average while Allen struggles on the offense because our receivers are weak and we don't even bother with Running backs...

4. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (01-25-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,696 Times in 7,756 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    Please explain to me what concepts that we run or have proven to be good at that would somehow make Deebo better in the offense?

Ive yet to hear you mention anything scheme related that defends any of your opinions other than "josh would make them work". You seem to not understand the offensive concepts
    Really??? You actually quoted my post, but, obviously completely ignored it on every level.

Well....I WILL respond to your post that I am quoting and AM addressing what you wrote....

Oh please. Stop playing mr know-it-all. You are not.

And just stop telling anyone what to discuss.

Of course I know what schemes are, and I certainly don’t answer to you in a lame test of knowledge. Jesus.

Go ahead trying to present yourself as some kind of football expert. I don’t buy it, and never have.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Offense was the Bills biggest weakness this season. NOT defense.

The offense (and especially Josh Allen) was way too inconsistent, and resulted in the three regular season losses we did have. Yes, including the Minny loss.

Besides the inability to take a simple kneel down for the win, and fumble it instead, giving Minny a go ahead TD (after the Bills defense STUFFED Minny TWICE (the first 4th down stop negated because of penalty) at our 1 yard line...

Josh throws two TERRIBLE INTS. The first one gave Minny life and momentum when the Bills had a 10 point lead, 27-17, driving for a TD that would put us up by 17, instead, at the Minny SEVEN YARD LINE, Josh throws a bonehead INT in the end zone, and Minny retunes it for THIRTY NINE YARDS.

They score a TD and, instead of being down 17, they get within THREE.

The second INT was even worse....in OT, down three, a TD wins it. Bills in perfect situation on Minny’s 20 yard line, 2nd down and 10, and Josh literally THROWS THE GAME AWAY with another boneheaded INT!!!

Miami and Jets loss were BOTH on squarely on the offense.

Yeah, you bet your ass the Bills need more offensive weapons. Especially to survive in the AFC.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post

The offense (and especially Josh Allen) was way too inconsistent, and resulted in the three regular season losses we did have. Yes, including the Minny loss.

Besides the inability to take a simple kneel down for the win, and fumble it instead, giving Minny a go ahead TD (after the Bills defense STUFFED Minny TWICE (the first 4th down stop negated because of penalty) at our 1 yard line...

Josh throws two TERRIBLE INTS. The first one gave Minny life and momentum when the Bills had a 10 point lead, 27-17, driving for a TD that would put us up by 17, instead, at the Minny SEVEN YARD LINE, Josh throws a bonehead INT in the end zone, and Minny retunes it for THIRTY NINE YARDS.

The second INT was even worse....in OT, down three, a TD wins it. Bills in perfect situation on Minny�s 20 yard line, 2nd down and 10, and Josh literally THROWS THE GAME AWAY with another boneheaded INT!!!

Yeah, you bet your ass the Bills need more offensive weapons. Especially to survive in the AFC.

You still have yet to explain why our scheme is good or would magically make Deebo better in this offense

Im not forcing anyone what to talk about, im giving my opinion and we are 4 pages in yet no one has explained why our offense would work even if we had better weapons. ive given examples of specific parts of our offense that explain why our offense isnt good nor would be much better with weapons

Please, explain to me how our offensive scheme is good, please. Thats the whole point of the thread and your completely ignoring it. Do you really think Deebo could somehow be better in our offense because you literally said that
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post

The second INT was even worse....in OT, down three, a TD wins it. Bills in perfect situation on Minny’s 20 yard line, 2nd down and 10, and Josh literally THROWS THE GAME AWAY with another boneheaded INT!!!

You have this annoying habit of bashing everyones credentials while never using your own brain to counter it. If im this stupid and your this smart, it should be easy to rebut what i say. But like every other topic, you resort to insulting people or acting like they dont know what they are talking about, while completely ignoring the actual topic

Thanks
    Thanked 30,557 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    And we are completely about stacking the defense and they end up average while Allen struggles on the offense because our receivers are weak and we don't even bother with Running backs...
    We had the best wide receiver room in the league at the beginning of the season when everybody was handing us the Lombardi.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

10. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (01-25-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,572 Times in 6,131 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's how you win most of the time.
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    That's how you win most of the time.
    It's exactly what we need to do.

Instead of reaching for garbage DEs just because we have a hole/need. Yes, I'm talking about Rousseau and Basham.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    You have this annoying habit of bashing everyones credentials while never using your own brain to counter it. If im this stupid and your this smart, it should be easy to rebut what i say. But like every other topic, you resort to insulting people or acting like they dont know what they are talking about, while completely ignoring the actual topic

Huh???? What “credentials”?!?!?! Coming here and acting like you are a know-it-all is NOT a “credential”.

I have NEVER tired to promote the idea that I am some kind of football expert. BUT, I do listen to and quote real, professional football experts all the time. And you criticize that all the time. The ones with REAL “credentials”!!

Sorry, but from what I read that you write, you are NO “expert”. Not even close. And that is not an “insult”...it's just obviously true.

Don’t be so sensitive. I suspect it’s because you are so young. You have not even been around the block once, much less more than once.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,572 Times in 6,131 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's exactly what we need to do.

Instead of reaching for garbage DEs just because we have a hole/need. Yes, I'm talking about Rousseau and Basham.
    I'm for complete weaponization and protection for Josh.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What I saw from Josh this year is a regression in maturity.

Often he would have the easy throw underneath to the backs or TE and he would go for the 15-20 yard completion.

Maybe he feels pressure from Diggs… I don’t know but the NFL is too good. You take what’s given if you’re a smart QB.

Brady did it for his entire career and Burrow beat us that way.

Josh has to play simple and stop trying to fit things in. He’s not realizing that 2nd and 4 is a tough situation for defenses because the playbook is open.

Our RBs should be more involved on the ground and in the air. And Beasley should have been getting his hands on at least 8-10 balls against the Bengals.

16. Post thanked by:

YardRat (01-25-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,168 Times in 5,900 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Were the RBs and TE available just over the middle to receive such a dump off?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Cowherd summed it up. He said Cincy had a game plan. Short quick crisp plays to match down field… Buffalo was just calling plays 3 and out. No plan.
    Cowherd is 100% correct! If this doesn’t tell McBeane all they need to know about Dorsey’s offense, nothing will!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    We had the opposite problems during our SB run, we had an offense and no defense. We were at least two deep at every offensive position, some positions 3 deep.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    Cowherd is 100% correct! If this doesn’t tell McBeane all they need to know about Dorsey’s offense, nothing will!
    It's obvious, yet ignored because they kinda got away with it. Not against the best teams in the playoffs though. Allen needs to stop playing to wow, and start playing to win. Burrow had around 250 yards this game. Not because he's a game manager, but because that's all that was needed to win. Allen wants more, and unless he's running the offense, it's up to the coaches to keep him within the lines.

Allen has all the tools to be the best, but he still needs to mature mentally and accept that playing winning football (i.e. championship football) is more important than big throws and stats. That's on the coaches as well. That's why a legit OC would do wonders. Without that, what's the point of more weapons?

21. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (01-26-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,168 Times in 5,900 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Borosai View Post
    It's obvious, yet ignored because they kinda got away with it. Not against the best teams in the playoffs though. Allen needs to stop playing to wow, and start playing to win. Burrow had around 250 yards this game. Not because he's a game manager, but because that's all that was needed to win. Allen wants more, and unless he's running the offense, it's up to the coaches to keep him within the lines.

Allen has all the tools to be the best, but he still needs to mature mentally and accept that playing winning football (i.e. championship football) is more important than big throws and stats. That's on the coaches as well. That's why a legit OC would do wonders. Without that, what's the point of more weapons?
    Allen is a victim of Dorsey’s plays. Outlets are always in the flats never 4-5 yards down field over the middle.