• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: The Fire McDermott Thread

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
    The Bills are totally one-dimensional. Josh Allen throwing downfield Josh Allen running the ball. All Josh Allen.

We don't challenge other teams this way. We don't threaten the field. WE don't threaten anything -- only Josh Allen has a chance to do that.

We're going to be watching the same thing next season and hear the same "we need to learn from this" doublespeak.
    Agreed 100%

Comment

• CommissarSpartacus
      • Mar 2003

The problem with this team is THE HEAD COACH.

He's a chicken.

We've had to live with his gutlessness for 5 years.

I don't care that he looks like a marine, he's a ****ing coward and can always be counted on to pussy out when the pressure is on.
      My tebya razdavim

Comment

• sahlensguy
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        Josh's foundation was putting in the work to get where he wanted to be. Constantly improving because he was putting in the time and effort. That may not be a foundation that has a pedigree or a coddling coach but it's still the foundation that led to him walking off the field in the KC loss as the best player in the entire league. Instead of building on that, he regressed, and he doesn't need a babysitter to make him aware of that.

5 years of observations of 'we lost' or 'we didn't win like we should have' because of 'Dumb Josh', 'Bad Josh', and 'Hero Ball Josh' showing up and all of sudden it becomes "NOT JOSH'S FAULT, FIRE THE COACHES!!"
        Easy for you to say but I bet if Josh got a new pilot's license and the FAA told him "good job, you don't need us anymore", you wouldn't want to be a passenger on the plane he was flying, too often.

Do you have other examples of players in sports who have had the rise that Josh has had and then still excelled with the lack of coaching/players/scheme?

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by CommissarSpartacus View Post
          The problem with this team is THE HEAD COACH.

He's a chicken.

We've had to live with his gutlessness for 5 years.

I don't care that he looks like a marine, he's a ****ing coward and can always be counted on to pussy out when the pressure is on.
          When he punted that ball from the 40 Sunday I was done. He wouldn't have punted that ball during the regular season. And if they strategy is all Josh Allen then why the hell not be all Josh Allen?

McDermott is weak and a wishy washy people pleaser. There will always be some bully around to punch him in the face and ruin his day.

Comment

• sahlensguy
            • Mar 2015

When he punted that ball from the 40 Sunday I was done. He wouldn't have punted that ball during the regular season. And if they strategy is all Josh Allen then why the hell not be all Josh Allen?

McDermott is weak and a wishy washy people pleaser. There will always be some bully around to punch him in the face and ruin his day.
            This.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
              I just disagree. We were outcoached and dominated in both trenches. I don't see one guy changing a game from total domination to a win.
              I don’t disagree that we were dominated in all facets and the trenches. Those factors alone would have made it very difficult for us to win regardless of the QB.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                Josh would have slayed our D if he traded places with Burrow. All day to throw plus a running game. Some of you guys really hate Josh, sheesh.
                Yes, he would have. I didn’t say he wouldn’t.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• sahlensguy
                  • Mar 2015

And if they strategy is all Josh Allen then why the hell not be all Josh Allen?
                  It's called hedging your bet. If you go all in on something and you're wrong, you are totally screwed.

And like Shiva says: McD is a chicken ****.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                    Yes, he would have. I didn’t say he wouldn’t.
                    You said Burrow would have given the Bills a shot to win. This implies that Josh would not have slain the Bills D.

Josh would have put the game out of reach if he was on the Bengals. Your hatred for Josh is out of the closet.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                      It's called hedging your bet. If you go all in on something and you're wrong, you are totally screwed.

And like Shiva says: McD is a chicken ****.
                      Right...then you have wishy washy leadership who says something but is too chicken to do what it takes to back it up.

It's because of McDermott we will always be knocking on the door and never walking through it ... and this regimes outlook is to keep knocking on the door until something different happens. Well, the team isn't properly prepared and nothing different is going to happen.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                        • Mar 2015

Right...then you have wishy washy leadership who says something but is too chicken to do what it takes to back it up.

It's because of McDermott we will always be knocking on the door and never walking through it ... and this regimes outlook is to keep knocking on the door until something different happens. Well, the team isn't properly prepared and nothing different is going to happen.
                        I don't disagree with any of that.

McD is a hedge bet, and a hedge bettor.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Without reading through this whole thread:

First, after a 17 year playoff drought, McD got us to the playoffs 5 of 6 years, won the division 3 straight times, and won 4 playoff games. It's hard to justify firing him with that track record.

Second, between Levy and McD, we had 9 head coaches and they all sucked. Well, Phillips was decent but the rest sucked. Bills fans should know as well as anyone that "different" isn't necessarily "better."

That being said, I am starting to have doubts that McD can win it all. He's a bad gameday coach and doesn't seem to have the right relationship with his coordinators. They don't make him better and he doesn't reign them in when they are ****ing up. He definitely needs to fire Frazier and you could make a strong case for firing Dorsey as well.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

First, after a 17 year playoff drought, McD got us to the playoffs 5 of 6 years, won the division 3 straight times, and won 4 playoff games. It's hard to justify firing him with that track record.

Second, between Levy and McD, we had 9 head coaches and they all sucked. Well, Phillips was decent but the rest sucked. Bills fans should know as well as anyone that "different" isn't necessarily "better."

That being said, I am starting to have doubts that McD can win it all. He's a bad gameday coach and doesn't seem to have the right relationship with his coordinators. They don't make him better and he doesn't reign them in when they are ****ing up. He definitely needs to fire Frazier and you could make a strong case for firing Dorsey as well.
                            McDermott is a great leader. He can use those skills in a lot of places to lead teams. It's just that he values some things that take too much time to play out and aren't going to come together for him within and NFL season.

I would love to see McDermott take a step back and realize he's got the wrong coordinator mix to help him get to where he needs to be. I would like to see him step back and make some changes on gameday that help the team perform better. Tell me those things are going to happen? He's had 6 years. I could care less about playing in the playoffs every year that is not the statistic that shows me success. It is nice don't get me wrong the seasons are more fun when we at least look like we have a chance. However, in the end it seems to me the coaching on this team is something we have to strive to overcome not something that is helping us win. That should be the end of McDermott we don't have time for this ****.

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

It's his first gig....he's learning on the job too.

I like all the success....what I hate are the band wagoners it attracts. (That's nobody here, every poster here is a die-hard, as evidenced by the drought)
                              As far as I can remember, the only two times that changing HCs on a good team resulted in a Championship, were Gruden replacing Dungy, and Madden replacing Rauch, and the latter took seven years, and four AFCCG losses to achieve.

Just sayin.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                                • Mar 2015

We probably have the greatest Bill ever on this team in Allen, who at one point seemed to be on track as one of the greatest qbs who ever played.

What does McD do? Pairs him with a psycho rookie OC.Yep! I can't believe it either. Way to ruin destiny.

This isn't a Brady/Belichick who's more important to the team debate. It's Allen by a Wyoming mile.

Love ya McD but you're screwing up greatness. Get the appropriate OC and personnel or step aside.

Comment

Working...
                                X