Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That sucked

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 3,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: That sucked

Quote Originally Posted by northernbillfan View Post
    I'm not going to start a fire this person or trade that person or this player has to go post.

I just want to state what others have probably said already: I'm very disappointed in the last two games of the season. They were, to paraphrase Sully, an offense that wasn't ready to win a Super Bowl. Or a defense for that matter.

I know the Hamlin incident is very hard to recover from, so I will give them that. They haven't been the same since he went down. PTSD is very real. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt no matter how hard it was to watch that game yesterday.

I have Bill-ieved for years, as many of us have, and will continue to do so, but that's a real crappy way to end the season.

There's a lot of discussion on the internet about the Hamlin incident.

Don't you think THAT incident alone led to the subpar performances? They didn't look like the same team in either game.
    Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,340 Times in 3,821 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post

Don't you think THAT incident alone led to the subpar performances? They didn't look like the same team in either game.
    Same team as when? Cincy was rolling the Bills before the Hamlin injury.

3. Post thanked by:

Kenny (01-24-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There is a difference between they were emotionally drained and had nothing left to give and the other problems. I get that part and would accept the performance as a function of that were it not blatantly clear on a weekly basis this team lacks talent in some areas and the coaching it needs to be successful. It is a huge mistake to allow this Season From Hell to cover up the same issues under McDermott that never get addressed and will never be overcome. The Bills are undisciplined and myopic under McDermott.

5. Post thanked by:

Kenny (01-24-2023)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,298 Times in 15,446 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And yet they won 14 of 18 games this year.

Understand, I'm not trying to defend their play on Sunday, but if you could objectively look at this team, they have not been the same since their bye.

Almost had one stolen by the fish twice.

Racked up a boatload of penalties against Chicago.

Fumbled a win away vs Minnesota.

Came out flat against the Packers.

Needed last minute heroics to beat the Lions.

The only games where they actually looked good down the stretch were the Pats.

I thought Jerry Sullivan was classless for his This isn't a Championship Offense comment, but anyone who has watched this team since the merger could tell that something was not quite right.

Bengals started out slow, and eventually worked out the kinks.

Buffalo did the opposite...started out on a tear, and limped it's way down the stretch.

7. Post thanked by:

Kenny (01-24-2023),Mad Bomber (01-29-2023),northernbillfan (01-24-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-25-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    It was just disheartening to watch most of the team just go through the motions. Davis looked uninterested, the Entire Defense looked uninspired, Poyer missed about 10 tackles, Tre was absolutely useless.

Guys you expect to step up in the biggest games of the year, didn't. They faded. They folded. They looked like guys who didn't really care. There was next to zero emotion. I don't know what happened pregame, or leading up to the game, but something did. You don't just all of the sudden show up looking like that. Yes they've had bad starts to games before, but they've never just given up like that.
    Okay but WHY would that be?

The NFL is a business and they don't want any more attention on the Hamlin thing to distract from the Superbowl.

"Boys, you're gonna LOSE today. It's for the good of the league..."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The NFL is a business and they don't want any more attention on the Hamlin thing to distract from the Superbowl.

Really??

Sigh...

Thanks
    Thanked 26,299 Times in 13,729 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The good of the league is the almighty dollar. A Mahomes/Allen indoor neutral site game would have been huge. That's what the NFL wanted. Unfortunately we weren't up to the task.

11. Post thanked by:

Mad Bomber (01-29-2023),northernbillfan (01-24-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-25-2023)

Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    It was just disheartening to watch most of the team just go through the motions. Davis looked uninterested, the Entire Defense looked uninspired, Poyer missed about 10 tackles, Tre was absolutely useless.

Guys you expect to step up in the biggest games of the year, didn't. They faded. They folded. They looked like guys who didn't really care. There was next to zero emotion. I don't know what happened pregame, or leading up to the game, but something did. You don't just all of the sudden show up looking like that. Yes they've had bad starts to games before, but they've never just given up like that.
    That’s my point. They just didn’t show up. Period. And for fans expecting a great playoff run, they looked like they didn’t care about us at all.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

13. Post thanked by:

imbondz (01-24-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-25-2023)

Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I don't think that's what happened. I think they got their asses beat by a better team and we have a long way to go to catch them. All the hype, all the expectations... it was unwarranted. It's a good team. It's not an elite team.
    As one who usually agrees with you, on this point we differ. They we not out played. They just didn’t play at all.

15. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (01-25-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

“That sucked” is the Bills epitaph

17. Post thanked by:

northernbillfan (01-24-2023),OpIv37 (01-24-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-25-2023)

Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Actually I said that in the third paragraph.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Really??

Sigh...
    Well the performance looked remarkably how it would look if someone had ordered them to "not give their all." Just sayin.

Meanwhile, Josh is debunking the Hamlin Conspiracy Theory. Take your pick:

1) He wasn't at the game, someone else played that part.
    2) He didn't survive in Cincinnati and the Bills/NFL are hiding it.

Interesting Josh felt the need to address it.

In any case, he puts it to rest! That was definitely Damar in the box with his family.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well the performance looked remarkably how it would look if someone had ordered them to "not give their all." Just sayin.

Meanwhile, Josh is debunking the Hamlin Conspiracy Theory. Take your pick:

1) He wasn't at the game, someone else played that part.
    2) He didn't survive in Cincinnati and the Bills/NFL are hiding it.

Interesting Josh felt the need to address it.

In any case, he puts it to rest! That was definitely Damar in the box with his family.

Josh didn't feel the need to. He wanted to. He also isn't convinced that the earth isn't flat, and that we landed on the moon. He also now really believes in God since Hamlin's injury, so I don't know anymore...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Josh didn't feel the need to. He wanted to. He also isn't convinced that the earth isn't flat, and that we landed on the moon. He also now really believes in God since Hamlin's injury, so I don't know anymore...
    Damar himself will put it to rest when he allows his face to be shown. Can't believe Newsweek is discussing this!

Buffalo Bills star Damar Hamlin's release from hospital and ongoing recovery did little to quash the rampant conspiracy theories that followed his collapse during the game against the Cincinnati Bengals earlier this month.

The 24-year-old safety suffered a cardiac arrest on the field and received CPR while being treated for 30 minutes by medical staff at the game, before being rushed to the hospital, where he was on a ventilator for two days.

Even before any official statements had been made addressing the possible causes, Covid- and vaccine-related misinformation flooded social media, with Hamlin's name getting dragged into familiar "collapsed/died suddenly" anti-vaccine conspiracy narratives in the ensuing weeks.

Newsweek: Damar Hamlin 'Body Double' Conspiracy Theories Follow Stadium Visit

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I started typing a response to this drivel but stopped in the middle. It's so absurd that it's not even worth addressing.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I said before the game, at some point emotions become distractions and the Bills with all that happened to them and around them allowed that to happen. It’s McDermott’s job to keep the guys focused and on point.

This is another reason I don’t like the whole “brotherhood” culture nonsense. You shouldn’t need to manipulate emotional responses to motivate. It lessens your ability to control emotions when needed.
    The whole brotherhood thing is a tactic by a motivational coach to squeeze effort out of a less developed team as a balance to lack of talent. You can't expect a vet team loaded up on experience from different programs to keep buying into it, at some point you needs x's and o's in some nuts and bolts configuration to make best use of players.

At least to me, the Bills have always lacked competitive fire, because they're assured it's ok, and there's always a new day, and if that one doesn't work, there will be another one, so don't worry about it.

I did not see them display any competitive emotion in that game besides fits of pique because the other kid won't let you play with your toys.

They looked entirely unemotional to me in front of a home crowd in a playoff game with Hamlin in attendance where some competitive emotion would have been appropriate.

They were focused and on point, the focus and point were "Whatever. Next game, next year. It's ok."

24. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (01-25-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    The whole brotherhood thing is a tactic by a motivational coach to squeeze effort out of a less developed team as a balance to lack of talent. You can't expect a vet team loaded up on experience from different programs to keep buying into it, at some point you needs x's and o's in some nuts and bolts configuration to make best use of players.

At least to me, the Bills have always lacked competitive fire, because they're assured it's ok, and there's always a new day, and if that one doesn't work, there will be another one, so don't worry about it.

I did not see them display any competitive emotion in that game besides fits of pique because the other kid won't let you play with your toys.

They looked entirely unemotional to me in front of a home crowd in a playoff game with Hamlin in attendance where some competitive emotion would have been appropriate.

They were focused and on point, the focus and point were "Whatever. Next game, next year. It's ok."
    That’s why you can’t use these cheap tricks based on emotion as motivation. It’s not an endless resource.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I started typing a response to this drivel but stopped in the middle. It's so absurd that it's not even worth addressing.
    Just pretend I'm going on and on about how terrible the Bills are, it'll give you some needed joy.

Meanwhile the MSM continues to cover the story. Although they've cast it in the most ridiculous light possible. It didn't take a clone for someone to stand in for Hamlin at the game. In fact, a clone probably would've been the correct height, which the guy in the box was not. Very doubtful it was actually Damar at the game as they seemed to go out of their way to hide his appearance. Sunglasses? How sunny WAS it on Sunday? Looked snowy to me.

Makes sense if they 'needed' Damar at the game for motivational purposes and he just wasn't up to it. But doing a game of 'make believe' with the public is what will give rise to conspiracy theories. The photo he posted sure doesn't dispel anything.

Damar Hamlin Responds to Online Conspiracy that 'He's Been Cloned'

Thanks
    Thanked 11,697 Times in 7,757 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just pretend I'm going on and on about how terrible the Bills are, it'll give you some needed joy.

Meanwhile the MSM continues to cover the story. Although they've cast it in the most ridiculous light possible. It didn't take a clone for someone to stand in for Hamlin at the game. In fact, a clone probably would've been the correct height, which the guy in the box was not. Very doubtful it was actually Damar at the game as they seemed to go out of their way to hide his appearance. Sunglasses? How sunny WAS it on Sunday? Looked snowy to me.

Makes sense if they 'needed' Damar at the game for motivational purposes and he just wasn't up to it. But doing a game of 'make believe' with the public is what will give rise to conspiracy theories. The photo he posted sure doesn't dispel anything.

Please....leave your stupid Alex Jones type conspiracies in the Spin Zone.....or the insane asylum.

28. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (01-26-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's the thing though. Nothing will ever dispel anything for you. Damar could literally knock on your front door, hold out his hand and say "Hi, I'm Damar," and you'd accuse him of being a lying doppelganger.

30. Post thanked by:

Chet (01-27-2023),notacon (01-27-2023)