Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That sucked

Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That sucked

I'm not going to start a fire this person or trade that person or this player has to go post.

I just want to state what others have probably said already: I'm very disappointed in the last two games of the season. They were, to paraphrase Sully, an offense that wasn't ready to win a Super Bowl. Or a defense for that matter.

I know the Hamlin incident is very hard to recover from, so I will give them that. They haven't been the same since he went down. PTSD is very real. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt no matter how hard it was to watch that game yesterday.

I have Bill-ieved for years, as many of us have, and will continue to do so, but that's a real crappy way to end the season.

When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

2. Post thanked by:

imbondz (01-24-2023),Kenny (01-24-2023),kgun12 (01-23-2023),Mace (01-23-2023),Mad Bomber (01-24-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-25-2023),Thurmal (01-23-2023)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,471 Times in 9,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: That sucked

Quote Originally Posted by northernbillfan View Post
    I'm not going to start a fire this person or trade that person or this player has to go post.

I just want to state what others have probably said already: I'm very disappointed in the last two games of the season. They were, to paraphrase Sully, an offense that wasn't ready to win a Super Bowl. Or a defense for that matter.

I know the Hamlin incident is very hard to recover from, so I will give them that. They haven't been the same since he went down. PTSD is very real. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt no matter how hard it was to watch that game yesterday.

I have Bill-ieved for years, as many of us have, and will continue to do so, but that's a real crappy way to end the season.

I guess the biggest thing I can't understand, is how they came out so flat, uninspired and lost in a home, divisional round, playoff game with Hamlin in attendance, I mean if you have to go out, go out fighting.

Maybe next year, again.

4. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (01-25-2023),Historian (01-24-2023),kgun12 (01-23-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-25-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,285 Times in 3,777 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

PTSD will be a problem until McD is no longer here, imho.

6. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (01-25-2023)

Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I guess the biggest thing I can't understand, is how they came out so flat, uninspired and lost in a home, divisional round, playoff game with Hamlin in attendance, I mean if you have to go out, go out fighting.

Maybe next year, again.
    That's what hurts the most

8. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (01-23-2023),Mace (01-23-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-25-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe next year, again.
    Roger Saffold says they were just tired.

Rodger Saffold on Bills loss: You almost run out of gas at some point

What are you getting paid for again?

10. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (01-25-2023),kgun12 (01-23-2023),Mace (01-23-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-25-2023),Thurmal (01-23-2023)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,471 Times in 9,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Milano said there was no energy, no juice no momentum.

Well, it's over. It is what it is.

12. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (01-25-2023)

Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer POTLAND PSILBYLO's Avatar
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: Mandy Pepperidge
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,753 Times in 3,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Milano said there was no energy, no juice no momentum.

Well, it's over. It is what it is.
    and it stings like hell. They let their fans down.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    Roger Saffold says they were just tired.

Rodger Saffold on Bills loss: You almost run out of gas at some point

What are you getting paid for again?

Saffold is one of the worst lineman ive seen the bills have in a while. Bobby Hart played better than him in the recent past
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League) Prov401's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You can tell from the start that we didn't come to play. Cincinnati came to play. Our lines were thoroughly handled. Frazier's defense is so played out. Losing Daboll turned out to have a major impact on the offense. Things need to change and it starts with the coordinators.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,427 Times in 14,146 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe next year, again.
    I said before the game, at some point emotions become distractions and the Bills with all that happened to them and around them allowed that to happen. It’s McDermott’s job to keep the guys focused and on point.

This is another reason I don’t like the whole “brotherhood” culture nonsense. You shouldn’t need to manipulate emotional responses to motivate. It lessens your ability to control emotions when needed.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

18. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-24-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-25-2023)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,010 Times in 4,236 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It was just disheartening to watch most of the team just go through the motions. Davis looked uninterested, the Entire Defense looked uninspired, Poyer missed about 10 tackles, Tre was absolutely useless.

Guys you expect to step up in the biggest games of the year, didn't. They faded. They folded. They looked like guys who didn't really care. There was next to zero emotion. I don't know what happened pregame, or leading up to the game, but something did. You don't just all of the sudden show up looking like that. Yes they've had bad starts to games before, but they've never just given up like that.

20. Post thanked by:

Mad Bomber (01-24-2023),northernbillfan (01-24-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-25-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 661 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by northernbillfan View Post
    So first off... 100% agree with this.
    But honest question, did the performance really surprise anyone after every single game they've played since the bye week?

22. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-24-2023),Mad Bomber (01-24-2023),OpIv37 (01-24-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-25-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    So first off... 100% agree with this.
    But honest question, did the performance really surprise anyone after every single game they've played since the bye week?
    Yes. Sunday wasn't about mistakes, it was about lack of trying. Lack of effort. Lack of emotion. Lack of energy.

You are at home, what you work for all season, in front of an electric crowd, and you come out looking like you'd rather be anywhere else. They haven't looked like that all season.

24. Post thanked by:

Mad Bomber (01-24-2023),northernbillfan (01-24-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-25-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,521 Times in 6,083 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We were supposed to play Jacksonville.

KC was supposed to play Baltimore.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
    163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Thanks
    Thanked 26,214 Times in 13,680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe next year, again.
    I don't think that's what happened. I think they got their asses beat by a better team and we have a long way to go to catch them. All the hype, all the expectations... it was unwarranted. It's a good team. It's not an elite team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I don't think that's what happened.
    You didn't watch the game then.

28. Post thanked by:

northernbillfan (01-24-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,214 Times in 13,680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    You didn't watch the game then.
    I did. I saw Bengals' WR's constantly wide open. I saw a patchwork Bengals' OL pushing our DL all over the place. I saw a D that lacked both the scheme and the talent to compete, and showed zero ability to make adjustments when things weren't working. I saw an offense that fell apart after a few early miscues.

It's a convenient excuse. "They came out flat- they were just emotionally drained." Except the same thing happened last year. And the year before that. It's a good team. It's not an elite team. They have a lot of work to do to compete with the elite teams, and it's going to be damn near impossible to do that with the cap situation.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I did. I saw Bengals' WR's constantly wide open. I saw a patchwork Bengals' OL pushing our DL all over the place. I saw a D that lacked both the scheme and the talent to compete, and showed zero ability to make adjustments when things weren't working. I saw an offense that fell apart after a few early miscues.

It's a convenient excuse. "They came out flat- they were just emotionally drained." Except the same thing happened last year. And the year before that. It's a good team. It's not an elite team. They have a lot of work to do to compete with the elite teams, and it's going to be damn near impossible to do that with the cap situation.
    Congrats, you were right all along. Pat yourself on the back and move on.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What is going to happen is we are going to keep spinning our wheels....then Allen is just going to go somewhere else where he actually has a chance to win because it ain't happening here with this regime.