• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Buffalo Bills’ 2022 rookie class shows promise

How is it that Dorsey was forced to not run the ball?

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

We all knew that Tre wasn't going to be 100% at any point this year.

If he looks shaky next August, then it'll be time to worry.

Comment

• Ed
        • Sep 2002

I think Elam and Benford will be key starters in the secondary that provide good value on rookie deals over the next few years. I expect Cook and Shakir will be bigger contributors too. I'm happy with all those picks, but I still don't understand Bernard in the 3rd. Seems like they could have done a lot better with that pick.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          • Apr 2004

Baylon Spector could end up being better than Bernard. My eyes tell me he already seems to have better instincts and better tackling ability in the open field.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

2022 was much better than 2021. 2021 was awful.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
              We all knew that Tre wasn't going to be 100% at any point this year.

If he looks shaky next August, then it'll be time to worry.
              No, we didn't.

If he wasn't going to be near 100%, he should've stayed on IR. He actually hurt the team by coming back and sucking.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                No, we didn't.

If he wasn't going to be near 100%, he should've stayed on IR. He actually hurt the team by coming back and sucking.
                Idk. Even Elam went down for a game I think. We needed warm bodies.

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

He was definitely targeted and taken advantage of.

Next season we should get our shutdown corner back.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    • Apr 2004

No, we didn't.

It is pretty standard that players are less explosive coming off of ACL rehab. They almost always take a second off-season to get it all back.

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

No, we didn't.

Or, they hurt themselves by hurrying him back and throwing him in. Remember...there was some delay with him coming back, because people even started wondering if he was babying himself. It was the Bills who made impatient noises.

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

I'm pretty happy with Cook, Elam, Shakir and Benford, but frustrated with their use.

Cook was on a pace twice for a 100 yard game and they stopped giving him the ball both times. On the other hand, there were games he couldn't get started and they kept giving him the ball. When a guy heats up, you stick with the hot hand and let him roll. He was drafted as a playmaker, they did nothing to get him the ball in space, no screens, few passes. The guy has speed, he's a mismatch waiting to happen every play. Then they get Hines, who is the same, and don't use him that way either. You can even throw them out wide to mess up a defense. But no.

Elam is huge, because he can play man and press along with zone. That gives them options. Did they often attempt to use that option ? No, they did not. They faced a weaker bunch of qbs where they could have gained him some exp, but again, no.

Benford is bang for the buck, and it would be great if safety is an option, he's got good size.

Shakir, again, there was no benefit to not playing him more with the way everyone was dropping balls. They brought back Beasley and Brown, like why were they not throwing to Shakir ?

Read somewhere earlier in the year, someone had said players can't get better through experience if they aren't playing. I think this also goes back to McDermott who is reluctant to trust young players and prefers him some old guys instead. He can't stay away from them.

Anyway, 4 promising players. Play them.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Of course Tre' wasn't going to be the same player this season coming off the injury, anybody that didn't know that should have. Has nothing to do with 'health' per se, even 100% healthy and able to play isn't going to translate to 100% of the level of performance we are used to seeing because the mental aspect of the game takes more time to catch up. And it's certainly a possibility that Tre' never returns to his prior form, that's a pretty devastating injury for a corner.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Elam doesn't fit our defensive scheme.

Cook is an average NFL RB

Shakir is a bottom of the roster NFL WR

Benford is a guy who was a healthy scratch at times

It's not a good draft looking at it right now but with how bad the drafts prior to it were, it definitely looks better.

Comment

• Mace
                              • Mar 2013

Elam can play zone or man, or press. You lost me that he doesn't fit the scheme. They actually played man 9 times last game because they could, and Burrow was 2-9 for 14 yards.

Comment

• Woodman
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                                Elam can play zone or man, or press. You lost me that he doesn't fit the scheme. They actually played man 9 times last game because they could, and Burrow was 2-9 for 14 yards.
                                Elam ..... I'd take him all over again.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                                X