Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gabe Davis Catch Rate is Hideous

Thanks
    Thanked 5,305 Times in 3,795 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Gabe Davis Catch Rate is Hideous

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    I saw the rate of catches on different depths... 5-10 11-20, so on and so forth. he has legit the lowest catch rate of any WR at pretty much every depth of pass in the NFL, meanwhile diggs is at the top of the list, and beasley with buffalo is at or higher then his career average.

meaning?

JA isn't the problem, the problem is davis has hands of stone.

btw: mckenzie isn't much different.

and it's not just the hands that arre the problem, mckenzie and davis regularly run the worst routes I've ever seen, sometimes the wrong ones but often just bad routes. It ruins the whole play as drawn up if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time. it makes your QB play hero ball, because he just looked to you, planning to throw it because it's a cover 3 look and your route should be open, but you ran such an awful route, you're not in the right place and are covered... now JA has a pocket collapsing and he needs to start to run for it. Don't get me wrong, JA sometimes doesn't see the field right, but it's a lot less common then you'd think, the wrs running terrible routes however is an every play problem. it's why JA got Beasley and Brown back. He couldn't handle those two numbskulls ****ing it up every down.
    How do you see Knox's route running? Knox had the one td where Allen waved him to go inside, but went outside where he received a frozen rope anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,336 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    How do you see Knox's route running? Knox had the one td where Allen waved him to go inside, but went outside where he received a frozen rope anyway.
    knox's releases aren't great; he doesn't get off the line well if he's jammed, and he doesn't get off the line well if he's asked to chip... and he usually does a poor job chipping as well. outside of that he's usually alright. He doesn't adjust to being a hot read very well, and sometimes just runs his route rather then give JA a target when he probably should be the no.1 or 2 hot option. If he did that better he'd probably be a 80 catch a year guy.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 01-26-2023 at 10:31 PM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

3. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (01-27-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,527 Times in 17,420 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    It's either:

a) that's what he was coached to do.

b) when he starts doing it the coach does something to rectify it.

c) the coaches have very little control of the team. Things are disorganized and haphazard. It causes a lot of communication issues and dysfunction.

which is is?
    a) Every play in the book that gets thrown a C1 or C0 shell at it is going to have a deep option for the outside receivers and who runs it depends on what side the safety is shading to. Obviously teams are going to shade toward Diggs, that means Davis is going to read and run more deep routes. It's still up to the QB to read that route first and if the receiver isn't wide open from the beginning to go through his progressions to a shorter route.

b) The only thing a coach can do is reinforce the shorter routes are open via in-game communication, pregame study and post-game film review. It's still on the QB to make the proper read and throw in real time. I'm pretty confident the coaches have given Josh the green light to go for it if he sees it, but it's still Allen's call. Unless you want the coaches to take the deep shots completely out of the playbook or bench Josh, those are really the only other options.

c) I have no idea why this is even an option because there is zero evidence to support the possibility. Nothing.

The answer is d)...Josh needs to make better decisions with the football, plain and simple.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    The NFL avg, according to stat muse, was 63% last year.

Now, I'm not sure if this is catches in relation to targets, or catches in relation to balls that hit their hands.
    targets
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad