Thread: Lack of Usage of rb's in pass game

We play to win the game! BuffaloBlitz83's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Lack of Usage of rb's in pass game

With Hines and Cook both are good rb's in pass catching. You'd think we would have 3-4 plays for each one every game in the passing game. I find it mind boggling.

2. Post thanked by:

notacon (01-26-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,170 Times in 5,901 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Lack of Usage of rb's in pass game

That’s why the safeties coach was fired. It was his side huddle to implement such plays during his down time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's not the question you should be asking.

You should find it mind boggling that the Front Office is trying to draft or sign or trade for pass catching Running Backs when the offense never utilizes them in the first place. They haven't used the backs that much since Daboll got here, it wasn't because of the talent, they just don't do it, period. We simply have no screen game whatsoever. I mean Singletary was lined up in the B Gap on passing downs to pass protect this past weekend. I think that tells you all you need to know, we use our backs way more to pass protect than pass catch, so why do why try to sign McKissic?

Just an indication, to me anyway, that the FO and Offense are not on the same page. I mean Beane hasn't taken a WR on day 1 or 2 of the draft since he got here. He's taken 3 running backs on day 2, yet when asked about this in the press conference he brought up Jamar Chase and not sucking. Like dude, you had AJ Brown on the board when Allen's WRs were Beasley/Brown, lol, and you passed on him for future bust Cody Ford. I understand, we needed OT, but we also needed WRs, and he hasn't given one a shot early in the draft. Instead we keep looking at RBs even though we hate running the ball or passing to them.....LOL

I don't care at all about "pass catching" RBs, is useless talking point. We need a screen game with OL that can get out and block, the backs will catch it, trust me. We don't need Cook in the back of the endzone making catches like he did, if he is then something is wrong with our O.
    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 01-26-2023 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,897 Times in 1,178 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think you could title this thread, Lack of Usage of rb's!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well we didn’t sign Hines just to return kicks. What was the number ? 10 offensive snaps he was on the field for? Remember miss and Singletary open all day middle field 5 yards out… Daboll thought it was a bucket of donut holes… for a while.

7. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (01-26-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Well we didn’t sign Hines just to return kicks. What was the number ? 10 offensive snaps he was on the field for? Remember miss and Singletary open all day middle field 5 yards out… Daboll thought it was a bucket of donut holes… for a while.
    We didn't sign hines we traded assets for him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    We didn't sign hines we traded assets for him.
    He’s still 5 mil a year off our books.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    That's not the question you should be asking.

You should find it mind boggling that the Front Office is trying to draft or sign or trade for pass catching Running Backs when the offense never utilizes them in the first place. They haven't used the backs that much since Daboll got here, it wasn't because of the talent, they just don't do it, period. We simply have no screen game whatsoever. I mean Singletary was lined up in the B Gap on passing downs to pass protect this past weekend. I think that tells you all you need to know, we use our backs way more to pass protect than pass catch, so why do why try to sign McKissic?

Just an indication, to me anyway, that the FO and Offense are not on the same page. I mean Beane hasn't taken a WR on day 1 or 2 of the draft since he got here. He's taken 3 running backs on day 2, yet when asked about this in the press conference he brought up Jamar Chase and not sucking. Like dude, you had AJ Brown on the board when Allen's WRs were Beasley/Brown, lol, and you passed on him for future bust Cody Ford. I understand, we needed OT, but we also needed WRs, and he hasn't given one a shot early in the draft. Instead we keep looking at RBs even though we hate running the ball or passing to them.....LOL

I don't care at all about "pass catching" RBs, is useless talking point. We need a screen game with OL that can get out and block, the backs will catch it, trust me. We don't need Cook in the back of the endzone making catches like he did, if he is then something is wrong with our O.
    It totally is mind-boggling how they keep talking like they understanding how we don't use the RBs properly but then turn around and NEVER do something about it.

I am convinced the coaching staff believes the running game is actually a decoy. Which would really work if you actually proved you had a running attack that threatened different parts of the field. You don't really need to use a RB to have a balanced attack ... but you do need them to be viable and a threat. Balanced is more about how much of the field you threaten to attack at all times than what you are actually doing!

And them catching the ball? Well, that really opens the field up a lot but we don't need to do that we have Josh Allen and he can get it done no matter how stupid our coaching is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    He’s still 5 mil a year off our books.
    Why though? For a kick returner?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That is my point. Hines is fast has great hands and is an RB… having him inn10 snaps is ridiculous.