Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Beane on Josh Allen

Thanks
    Thanked 7,572 Times in 6,131 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Brandon Beane on Josh Allen

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...vers-happened/

We have to look at why red zone turnovers happened!!!

Bills General Manager Brandon Beane said recently that the only thing he’d criticize quarterback Josh Allen about is the amount of hits he takes on the field, but that’s not the only area where he sees room for improvement in 2023.

During an appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio, Beane discussed Allen’s season and said he thought it was a strong one in general for the quarterback. One exception involved interceptions in the end zone, however.
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Thanks
    Thanked 12,392 Times in 7,275 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Brandon Beane on Josh Allen

While I agree the RZ interceptions are a problem it seems like McD and Beane are shifting blame to everyone but themselves. Who drafted all these big men who have bombed?

3. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (02-03-2023),Lone Stranger (02-03-2023),OpIv37 (02-03-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    While I agree the RZ interceptions are a problem it seems like McD and Beane are shifting blame to everyone but themselves. Who drafted all these big men who have bombed?
    I agree. I think a lot of the INT's were hero ball, with Josh trying to do everything else himself. But why was he doing that? Well, he and Diggs were the only ones performing on offense. He's running for his life because the OL didn't block and he's throwing to a guy who isn't really open because no one got open. It's easy to give the ball away under those circumstances.

He still needs to make better decisions with the ball, but sometimes it feels like Beane and the coaches rely too much on Josh Allen doing Josh Allen things, so they don't put the talent around him that he needs or scheme as much as they should.

5. Post thanked by:

Ingtar33 (02-04-2023),kgun12 (02-03-2023),Lone Stranger (02-03-2023),Novacane (02-03-2023),The last buffalo fan (02-10-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hey Beane, build and quality offensive line and Josh won’t have to take all those hits!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

7. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (02-03-2023),Novacane (02-03-2023),The last buffalo fan (02-10-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,330 Times in 3,811 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Allen plays hero ball because he is capable of it and because the team that Beane surrounded him with needs him to.

9. Post thanked by:

Ingtar33 (02-04-2023),Jeff1220 (02-05-2023),Lone Stranger (02-03-2023),Novacane (02-03-2023),OpIv37 (02-03-2023),TacklingDummy (02-03-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Get the kid an OL

11. Post thanked by:

Ingtar33 (02-04-2023),kgun12 (02-03-2023),Lone Stranger (02-03-2023),Novacane (02-03-2023),OpIv37 (02-03-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,330 Times in 3,811 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Beane hedged his bet with Allen. Instead of going all in to surround potentially the best player in franchise history, and the one player who can win you a title with top resources, he Instead spent that capitol on the defense.

Worse yet, the defense still sucks.

Poor talent evaluator and poor roster builder.

He sucks.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I wouldn't blame the OL. I'm looking at the OC. Josh went from knowing where he was going with the ball before he snapped the ball last year (just like Burrow) to being a reactionary qb who held on to the ball too long because receivers werent getting open. He's been directing receivers where to run quite often this year after the ball has been snapped. Cook, Hines, Beasely, Brown , Crowder became a waste of time under Dorsey. Dorsey needs to go back to Dabolls schemes for the short game.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 02-03-2023 at 03:06 PM.

14. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (02-05-2023),The last buffalo fan (02-10-2023)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 Times in 4,358 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I agree. I think a lot of the INT's were hero ball, with Josh trying to do everything else himself. But why was he doing that? Well, he and Diggs were the only ones performing on offense. He's running for his life because the OL didn't block and he's throwing to a guy who isn't really open because no one got open. It's easy to give the ball away under those circumstance.
    Which ones were hero ball vs crap passes, crap attempts at catching?

16. Post thanked by:

Buffalogic (02-03-2023),Mace (02-03-2023),notacon (02-04-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Most of those were just bad decisions throwing into coverage. I don't know why when Josh throws those it is hero ball but when other guys do it was just a bad decision.

18. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (02-03-2023),YardRat (02-03-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Most of those were just bad decisions throwing into coverage. I don't know why when Josh throws those it is hero ball but when other guys do it was just a bad decision.
    This is my opinion and obviously I can't prove it: I think that when other players are playing poorly, he feels pressure to do everything himself so he takes chances that he doesn't take when things are going better.

He doesn't throw into double coverage when we're up by two scores. But when the O goes 3 and out on the first two drives and the D gives up touchdowns, suddenly he's making bad decisions because he's trying to force something happen.

20. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (02-03-2023),Novacane (02-03-2023),The last buffalo fan (02-10-2023)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 Times in 4,358 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    This is my opinion and obviously I can't prove it: I think that when other players are playing poorly, he feels pressure to do everything himself so he takes chances that he doesn't take when things are going better.

He doesn't throw into double coverage when we're up by two scores. But when the O goes 3 and out on the first two drives and the D gives up touchdowns, suddenly he's making bad decisions because he's trying to force something happen.
    Almost every interception I just posted the Bills either had the lead or the game was tied.

22. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (02-03-2023),Mace (02-03-2023),notacon (02-05-2023),Oaf (02-03-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,168 Times in 5,900 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hero ball is a bad decision

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The red zone play selection at times was terrible. Josh’s decision making in the red zone, at times, was terrible. Penalties in the red zone were terrible.

All of those lead to turnovers

25. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (02-10-2023)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He's going to keep taking hits because they keep running him and letting him run, and they're running out of luck in him not getting hurt. You can't tell the guy not to take so many hits when he's your fullback on purpose.

27. Post thanked by:

Novacane (02-03-2023),The last buffalo fan (02-10-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Bad decisions comes from getting your a$$ beat up by big guys trying to hurt you, it happened a lot this year or he had to run for his life. The term hero ball is bull*****.

29. Post thanked by:

Novacane (02-03-2023),TacklingDummy (02-03-2023),The last buffalo fan (02-10-2023)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    Bad decisions comes from getting your a$$ beat up by big guys trying to hurt you, it happened a lot this year or he had to run for his life. The term hero ball is bull*****.
    Thing is, they were all about him doing it, in the 6th year of the program, no matter what it might cost, because they had no other answers.

31. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (02-04-2023),The last buffalo fan (02-10-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Really ? They all throw interceptions.

Now give the highlights of the throws he makes off platform for touchdowns.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Then every QB in the league plays hero ball but for some dumb reason that term is only used with Josh Allen.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,339 Times in 2,076 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

1) I remember that one, it's clear on the replay from the endzone the ball got caught by the wind, it's technically JA's fault and i remember post game he said he failed to get the nose of the ball down to keep the wind from catching it; so we can toss that into JA's lap

2) This one actually was a great call, but the problem is Patrick Peterson read the play, and instead of passing the WR off to the safety, he hung with him, this caused JA to double clutch, and -yes- JA made a dumb choice to try to throw it anyway. By double clutching he gave the safety too much time, and he had to throw it behind the wr to avoid the safety, and patrick peterson did what he usually does when a QB does something reckless and made him pay. On the whole this is one of those weird situations where the play was right against the defense called, but somehow it wasn't open because Peterson made a vet play and left his zone, and instead of accepting the play that SHOULD have worked against that defense wasn't going to work, he threw it anyway, and patrick peterson made us pay for it. Interestingly this is the third JA int to peterson, and the other two, peterson did the same thing to him, left his zone/coverage and drifted to a spot of the field he wasn't supposed to be. we can blame JA on this one, just bad decision making once the play was blown up by PP's freelancing

3) This one was open, he made the right choice. the Linebacker just made an all world play to get his hand on the pass. and the ball was intercepted on the deflection.

4) awful INT, no reason to throw this ball, he had lots of other options on this play, heck the underneath guy probably could have taken the ball 20 yards on a catch and run

5) hit beasley in the numbers, but if i recall, I think the defender might have got a hand on the ball or beasley's arm causing the bounce, don't know what you want the QB to do. Now, I remember this play clearly, because beasley was probably held by the cornerback, but he also didn't come back to the ball like he should have on the play. this is one of those plays where the guy was there, the ball was there on time, it was center mass, but between a route not run right, and the CB getting away with a bit of a hold, and then a stupid insane lucky bounce on the deflection you get an int. this is a standard INT you get pretty much anywhere in the game of football not really on the QB here.

6) hit when throwing the ball. i'll note the hit was bellow his knees, and he was in the pocket. that's actually roughing the passer in todays nfl... but ignoring the roughing that wasn't called, he was hit throwing the ball. result, int. I think he was trying to get the ball to diggs short.

7) Between the **** route by mckenzie and him dropping a ball that hit him in the hands, and then the CB coming up with the deflection, this one is 100% not on JA

8) I think the primary target on this one was supposed to be Diggs on the quick slant, with the next target Davis in the back of the endzone, two things went wrong, first, diggs, who was supposed to get an inside release, got jammed so hard he ended up with an outside position on the DB/LB, preventing him from being available for the quick slant. At this point, JA starts to leave the pocket because Diggs is a bust, his next target was davis in the back of the endzone, the safety came down to double diggs, and should have opened this pass up for JA, the problem is Diggs ran right into Davis (I'd love to blame davis, but i'm pretty sure it was Diggs fault, between the jam, and his route being thrown off, plus him looking back at JA hoping the ball would come anyway, he basically ran right into Davis without noticing him. This blew up JA's second option and it was panic time... simply put no one was open, Knox might have been for a moment, but I think JA was looking at McKenzie who tried to make himself an option but only really took himself out of the play, and the next guy he saw was davis, who was being held in the endzone... and i think he might have threw the ball at davis's feet thinking the ref would throw a flag on the obvious hold. he did not, and the ball got into the hands of a LB underneath that I don't think he saw. I remember post game he claimed he was throwing it away, which is what it looked like. he should have sent it into the bleachers though. I suspect he saw the hold and wanted the call, which is why he didn't sail it into the bleachers. That or i'm giving him too much credit and it was a titanic brain fart; either way this one is mostly on allen in the end

9) awful throw. I know he was trying to get it to knox, but even if patrick peterson wasn't underneath as a free defender (mckenzie ran out of bounds, allowing peterson to play free safety), I don't think Knox had a chance to catch that ball.

--skiping tweet 10 --

11) this one is mostly on John Brown, he stopped running the route. That said, It wasn't a great throw either; that said, the play was there.

12) Awful throw

13) This one was a clear misread of the defense by JA... He expected Davis to run a slant, davis ran up the sidelines. Believe me, the slant doesn't make sense against the coverage the jets were in, Davis ran the right route, Josh threw the wrong route.

14) desperation throw - game was over, he was just trying to get lucky and score fast. I can't fault that int better then throwing it short on 4th down like Cousins did...

7 boneheaded INTs on the year. that's actually rather high for him; though i think his INTs were similar last year i don't remember that many being completely boneheaded like those 7 were.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 02-04-2023 at 07:02 AM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

35. Post thanked by:

notacon (02-04-2023),TacklingDummy (02-04-2023),The last buffalo fan (02-10-2023)