• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: kgun's "Where do we go?"....Safety

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
    Do you always like to make stupid comments or just here? Again if you follow this team at all this can’t be the first time you’ve heard McD isn’t comfortable starting rookies!

Anyway here are some examples of rookie percentages of playing time:

Bills: Chiefs
    RB Cook 24.79%. Pacheco 35.55% (started the SB)
    CB Elam 45.39%* McDuffie 59.61% (started the SB) Elam’s % was more to do to injuries.
    LB Spector 1.47%. DE Karlafris 63.59%

Of the rookies that were in KC’s 53 man roster, the lowered percentage of PT was 22.74 % Bills 1.47%.
    I wasn’t being a smart ass at all. McD played rookies which is what you claimed he didn’t do based on credibility.

who was the RB on the roster ahead of Pacheco?

is that percentage of plays or running plays for the rookies?

did Elam have issues in coverage early on? He still played a lot.

is Pacheco better than Cook?

how about Singletary?

why we even talking about this?

if you select a player that doesn’t fit your schemes and he is forced to learn it… there ya go.

pacheco did a lot that Hill did with sweeps and pitch outs.

Bills dont do any of those… maybe 5 times a season. So Cook is asked to run Singletary’s plays. He is great at catching… they don’t throw to backs… I think Cook recovered nicely from his first ever touch.

Bills bring in Hines… not a rook and yet he is in on a dozen O plays total…

it’s not the green nature of the rookies. It’s the inflexibility of scheme to play to the players strengths.

Comment

• sukie
      Seriously?
      • Sep 2012

Sp cypress is a special teams roster filler.

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
        Where have rookies NOT played? Who?
        Here’s the point, I never said they don’t play, you did. I said McD doesn’t like playing rookies.
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

Here’s another difference between our coaches and others i. e . Reid. McD doesn’t like using rookie so he doesn’t instill confidence in them. Reid drafted 5 rookie DB’s and they all contributed last night. He drafts them and say we need you to come in and play well immediately. McD says step back and learn.

How much better off is KC going into next year!
          It's the Patriot blueprint for keeping a team competitive in the salary cap era.

Every time some uppity veteran wanted more money, BB traded them for picks.

Next man up mentality.

As an aside....if they overpay for Poyer and/or Edmunds I will be upset.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

The more I read, the more I believe Benford will be the Free Safety

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

A lot is going to depend on what Poyer finds in FA interest.

He want a big payday with several years. Never assume that it won’t happen, but, it does seem unlikely considering his age and his injury prone 2022 season.

Drafting a S sometime in rounds 2-4 seems pretty likely. Moving Benford to S is probably a sure thing. Hope he can pick it up well.

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                It's the Patriot blueprint for keeping a team competitive in the salary cap era.

Next man up mentality.

I would agree with you but their signing say the opposite of BB and the Patriots way. Diggs, Miller, White, Dawkins, Milano, Morse and Hyde account for roughly 45% of this teams cap and that doesn’t even include Allen!
                Last edited by kgun12; 02-14-2023, 07:12 PM.
                Retired Air Traffic Controller
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

Looks like a very top notch HC can make up for some player deficientcies. And unfortunately in Buffalo, McDermott is not it. People should realize now - I'm thinking Terry Pergula can see it as well. This by no means he would/should get rid of MCDermott. It's like getting Allen, a lot of luck involved and you take a wrong step, 17 years drought could happen again.

What I'm saying is that we are in the mold of Cowher, Dungy and many other superbowl winning coaches that you need player talent and one of those years when everything coming together to get to the top. We have the hardest piece, the QB in hand.

Those players kgun12 mentioned was for the strategy that they believe they have enough talent. Turns out they are not. And those guys might have peaked already, in other words, we have seen what they can do at their best. Still not enough. To me the strategy has to be drafting better, hoping to get true stars, no matter the position. Let the natural attrition course to take place: Hyde will roll off thesqud after next year. Milano likely the year after. Don't go chase with big flash contracts again.

I do think investing more in O-Line is a a way to go this year. Trench is to the point we need new quality blood for the next 4, 5 years without paying quality money.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Historian View Post

Next man up mentality.

Bingo!!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                      The more I read, the more I believe Benford will be the Free Safety
                      Might as well pencil him in right now.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Here’s the point, I never said they don’t play, you did. I said McD doesn’t like playing rookies.
                        Very true he just doesn't trust them enough.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Beane is on the record as saying a move to safety is in the cards for Benford. I doubt the Bills want to trust the starting job to Benford without some insurance, but he would probably upgrade the Bills depth at the position.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
                            Beane is on the record as saying a move to safety is in the cards for Benford. I doubt the Bills want to trust the starting job to Benford without some insurance, but he would probably upgrade the Bills depth at the position.
                            Absolutely no question about it.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Sorry Fin, the code you had in the post was screwing up the thread.

If Poyer goes to Miami, he is dead to me.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by YardRat View Post

If Poyer goes to Miami, he is dead to me.
                                Definitely

Comment

Working...
                                X