Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: kgun's "Where do we go?"....Running back

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
    Re-sign Singletary?
    Rookie draft pick?
    Free agent?
    Trade?
    UDFA at this point. Cook and Hines plus backups. Singles too costly. As soon as possible… part ways with Hines and deal with RB purely on rookie deals. Rinse repeat.

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Bye to Singletary.

Cook and Hines are weapons, get them in space, use them as RB's for speed.

Draft DeWayne McBride from UAB in the middle rounds as a contact runner and for short yardage.

The Bills need to no longer use Josh Allen as their fullback or this will end poorly on a cheesy running play.
      Last edited by Mace; 02-13-2023, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• sukie
        Seriously?
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mace View Post
        Bye to Singletary.

Draft DeWayne McBride from UAB in the middle rounds as a contact runner and for short yardage.

The Bills need to no longer use Josh Allen as their fullback or this will end poorly on a cheesy running play.
        I kinda like the kid outa Texas. Bijon Robinson. 6 ft 220. Fast and powerful. Like I said when dead cap doesn’t sting so much… move on from Hines. He’s a weapon (supposedly) but money will always be needed elsewhere

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by sukie View Post
          I kinda like the kid outa Texas. Bijon Robinson. 6 ft 220. Fast and powerful. Like I said when dead cap doesn’t sting so much… move on from Hines. He’s a weapon (supposedly) but money will always be needed elsewhere
          Oh, absolutely. Thing is I sure hope they grab a guard and center with their first two picks and he'll be gone by then. The guards and centers fall off in quality pretty quick if you want one you might need to use soon.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Curious to see if they try and kick the tires on Tony Pollard coming off an injury on a discount deal.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
              • Nov 2007

I know I’m ruining this thread but I don’t care if 1991 Thurman Thomas combined with pre murdering 1973 oj and 2000 Marshall Faulk come out of the backfield if we don’t fix the fat men up front and actually USE the running game instead of throwing bombs on 3rd and one
              Last edited by kscdogbillsfan1221; 02-13-2023, 07:21 PM.
              I came.
              I saw.
              I conquered.

Comment

• sukie
                Seriously?
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                Curious to see if they try and kick the tires on Tony Pollard coming off an injury on a discount deal.
                Discount less than a rookie deal? Doubt it.

fat guys first… I agree.

Comment

• kgun12
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                  Bye to Singletary.

I like this but only if the restructure Hines.

Then again unless Dorsey calls more running plays it just doesn’t matter who’s in the backfield.
                  Retired Air Traffic Controller
                  USAF VETERAN
                  DAV

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

I'm a little bit smitten with Kenny McIntosh from Georgia atm, but apparently he needs work on his pass protection.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                      That'd be a hard call. On the one hand, we used a 2nd on a RB last season and Cook showed some promise. If we draft a 1st round RB, I'm not sure how we split the 15 carries a game that we tend to give to RBs. Drafting Bijan Robinson would almost require us to make a shift on offense towards a bigger running game. If we didn't, it would be a wasted pick at a position where we can almost surely find someone to complement Cook later in the drafy.

That said, Robinson is by all accounts a generational talent at running back. It might be hard to pass on a budding superstar if he fell to the end of the first round. Use him right, and it might take some pressure off Josh.
                      Last edited by Saratoga Slim; 02-15-2023, 11:08 AM.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• notacon
                        • Aug 2012

I wanted the Bills to draft a RB the past two years.....Najee Harris in 2021, and Breece Hall in 2022.

They would have had to move up in 2021 to grab Harris, and in hindsight, it would have been smart to do so. This would be a much better team with Harris at RB.

They could have gotten Breece Hall last year by moving back a few slots in the first round. He got injured early, but when he did play, he is obviously going to be an impact player.

Elam was a so-so pick. He STILL has not locked down the #2 CB position. There were a plethora of CB selected AFTER Elam that, not only started on other teams but excelled.....much better than Elam.

5th and 7th round CB’s like Tariq Woolen and Jaylen Watson come to mind.

There are some mock drafts that have Bijan Robinson dropping to the Bills at #27. If he is there at #27, they would be foolish to pass. They should even consider moving up to get him.

The Bills have been screwing around with he RB positions for years. Time to step up and spend some draft capital on a potential game changer.

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                          I know I’m ruining this thread but I don’t care if 1991 Thurman Thomas combined with pre murdering 1973 oj and 2000 Marshall Faulk come out of the backfield if we don’t fix the fat men up front and actually USE the running game instead of throwing bombs on 3rd and one

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                            I wanted the Bills to draft a RB the past two years.....Najee Harris in 2021, and Breece Hall in 2022.

They would have had to move up in 2021 to grab Harris, and in hindsight, it would have been smart to do so. This would be a much better team with Harris at RB.

They could have gotten Breece Hall last year by moving back a few slots in the first round. He got injured early, but when he did play, he is obviously going to be an impact player.

Elam was a so-so pick. He STILL has not locked down the #2 CB position. There were a plethora of CB selected AFTER Elam that, not only started on other teams but excelled.....much better than Elam.

5th and 7th round CB’s like Tariq Woolen and Jaylen Watson come to mind.

There are some mock drafts that have Bijan Robinson dropping to the Bills at #27. If he is there at #27, they would be foolish to pass. They should even consider moving up to get him.

The Bills have been screwing around with he RB positions for years. Time to step up and spend some draft capital on a potential game changer.
                            Assumption made that this line can run block an that running plays are called.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Re-sign Singletary? NO
                              Rookie draft pick? YES
                              Free agent? NO
                              Trade? NO

Comment

Working...
                              X