• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Draft 2023 Buffalo Bills

Considering how some of the players have turned out over the last three to four seasons I'd rather go with the grading some amateur mock drafters have over whatever the Bills' board looks like.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
      Yes. My mother in law buys depends in bulk
      It all ends in tears.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        Considering how some of the players have turned out over the last three to four seasons I'd rather go with the grading some amateur mock drafters have over whatever the Bills' board looks like.
        Different can be better.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• kgun12
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
          Beane has to redo A LOT of contracts first and decide who to let walk. Then comes Vet FA and who is out there that can help.

Lots to do over the next 10 weeks, prior to the draft. Too far off.
          A agree with this. I think who they draft and when depends on what happens in FA. Who we sign and who we loose all goes into the draft. We have a lot of needs and getting more picks would be a good thing.
          Retired Air Traffic Controller
          USAF VETERAN
          DAV

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
            A agree with this. I think who they draft and when depends on what happens in FA. Who we sign and who we loose all goes into the draft. We have a lot of needs and getting more picks would be a good thing.
            Beane has always signed enough free agents to give him flexibility in the draft, we'll see if he can do it again this year.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

Beane has always signed enough free agents to give him flexibility in the draft, we'll see if he can do it again this year.
              The problem this year is he’s up against the cap more than ever before.
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

The problem this year is he’s up against the cap more than ever before.
                Very true .... one of the 1st moves might be?

Comment

• kgun12
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                  Very true .... one of the 1st moves might be?
                  I might look at tradable commodities maybe like Oliver, Dawkins, and/or Hines and get their salaries off the books while collecting more draft picks. I look at Edmunds numbers in all five years, they are close, I think he’s replaceable. That 17-20 million could go a LONG way fixing our O-line.
                  USAF VETERAN
                  DAV

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

I might look at tradable commodities maybe like Oliver, Dawkins, and/or Hines and get their salaries off the books while collecting more draft picks. I look at Edmunds numbers in all five years, they are close, I think he’s replaceable. That 17-20 million could go a LONG way fixing our O-line.
                    A possible route we could take.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

I don't think you can let Edmunds walk and get nothing in return. You either sign him long term which I think makes sense given his age and the fact that he continues to improve or if you feel the numbers won't work you franchise him and make a trade. Once a franchise player is traded that tag money goes off our cap. With only 6 draft picks opening up another hole on the team is hard to justify unless you can find a cheaper replacement.

Not the same situation because Ed Oliver still has a year to go but I would see what the market might be for him. He's a good player but I think I'd be looking to get bigger at DT. He has a 10m cap hit.

A lot of decisions for Mr. Beane.

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

I don't think you can let Edmunds walk and get nothing in return. You either sign him long term which I think makes sense given his age and the fact that he continues to improve or if you feel the numbers won't work you franchise him and make a trade. Once a franchise player is traded that tag money goes off our cap. With only 6 draft picks opening up another hole on the team is hard to justify unless you can find a cheaper replacement.

Not the same situation because Ed Oliver still has a year to go but I would see what the market might be for him. He's a good player but I think I'd be looking to get bigger at DT. He has a 10m cap hit.

I think it’s a good idea the only problem I see is if we don’t get the right return for Edmunds it’s a huge cap hit.
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Staying pat seems to be the right move, although a trade down a few spots wouldn't be awful either if we can pick up a mid round pick out or a future 1 or 2 out of the deal.

Trading up, I would say, is probably not something they're even considering with where the salary cap situation is at.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Franchise tag might be the way to go, but then you are committing to $20,926,000 to cap space if Edmunds signs it and Beane can't find a trade partner. Smart, but very risky.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• kgun12
                              • Jul 2002

Franchise tag might be the way to go, but then you are committing to $20,926,000 to cap space if Edmunds signs it and Beane can't find a trade partner. Smart, but very risky.
                              I think I read that somewhere before.
                              Last edited by kgun12; 02-16-2023, 06:54 PM.
                              USAF VETERAN
                              DAV

Comment

• Woodman
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                                Staying pat seems to be the right move, although a trade down a few spots wouldn't be awful either if we can pick up a mid round pick out or a future 1 or 2 out of the deal.

Trading up, I would say, is probably not something they're even considering with where the salary cap situation is at.
                                Pretty much where I'm at.

Comment

Working...
                                X