• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: Draft 2023 Buffalo Bills

If they did that they could get a very good safety prospect in the 2nd (Skinner, Battle or Brown) and concentrate on the lines thereafter.

Comment

• swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

Drafting Jack Campbell in the first round would be a reach. Better to trade back, pick up some extra picks and get him in round two.

Or, better yet, draft a WR in the first round and trade up to get Campbell in round 2....he could even be there in late round two.

The CBS mock draft cited above has him ranked as “#85 prospect rank” and “#10 position rank”. ESPN NFL Draft Player Rankings has him #73 overall with a grade of 78, which is defined as....

70-79 Solid Prospect

Still a standout player at the college level that is close to being an elite player. He has no glaring weaknesses and will usually win his individual matchups, but does not dominate in every game, especially when matched up against the top players in the country. He will usually rate in the top third of players at his position and is considered a third round draft prospect.

Sure looks like a reach for #27.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I don't think he'll be there for the Bills pick in the second. They might be able to risk a few spots and trade down and still get him, but IMO as soon as the first ILB goes off the board the other two are going to be right behind.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            I don't think he'll be there for the Bills pick in the second. They might be able to risk a few spots and trade down and still get him, but IMO as soon as the first ILB goes off the board the other two are going to be right behind.
            Agreed, go get Wagner.
            Retired Air Traffic Controller
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
              Agreed, go get Wagner.
              Would be a great pickup.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• notacon
                • Aug 2012

That could be true....but no ILB is probably going to go in the first round. #27 for Campbell would be a dumb reach. The Bills could trade UP into the middle second round from #59 and still probably get him.

First round should be the best offensive skill player on the board....almost assuredly a WR. Unless Bijan Robinson is there at #27.

Maybe the Bills could trade Oliver for a high 2nd round pick and take the best ILB on the board after drafting a WR in round one.

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  So after the recent signings, the so-called draft needs are Safety, MLB, OL. Maybe 1 more WR. General depth.

Would like to see them sign Poona Ford, the DT.

The biggest need is adjusting the schemes to fit the roster. Hey coaches..knock,knock..
                  I wonder if they'll ever learn that.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

Now that FA is almost over and the latest signing of S Rapp (a seemingly extremely smart one) priorities for draft are becoming pretty clear.

#1 - WR - There are at least five or six WR’s that could provide the Bills with immediate impact. If any of Smith-Njigba (he won’t be), Addison (he won’t be) Flowers, Johnson, Hyatt or maybe even Tillman are avaible at #27, the Bills should finally spend some valuable draft capital on giving Allen some more offensive weapons.

#2 - LB - The huge loss of Edmunds is not easily filled. Passing (correctly) on Wagner reveals their mindset (so far....they still may sign a proven vet, albeit not an expensive one). There should be some viable LB’s to be had in the 2nd and/or third round. Although 2nd round seems more likely. Jack Campbell seems to fit the profile the Bills want pretty well...although reaching for him in round 1 would be a mistake.

After that best player available keeping an eye towards S, DL, RB and O-line depth.

Comment

• Chet
                      Allenhu Joshbar
                      • Feb 2017

WR, OL, TE, RB. **** the defense, just score more points

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                        WR, OL, TE, RB. **** the defense, just score more points
                        Kinda KCs MO

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                          Now that FA is almost over and the latest signing of S Rapp (a seemingly extremely smart one) priorities for draft are becoming pretty clear.

#1 - WR - There are at least five or six WR’s that could provide the Bills with immediate impact. If any of Smith-Njigba (he won’t be), Addison (he won’t be) Flowers, Johnson, Hyatt or maybe even Tillman are avaible at #27, the Bills should finally spend some valuable draft capital on giving Allen some more offensive weapons.

#2 - LB - The huge loss of Edmunds is not easily filled. Passing (correctly) on Wagner reveals their mindset (so far....they still may sign a proven vet, albeit not an expensive one). There should be some viable LB’s to be had in the 2nd and/or third round. Although 2nd round seems more likely. Jack Campbell seems to fit the profile the Bills want pretty well...although reaching for him in round 1 would be a mistake.

After that best player available keeping an eye towards S, DL, RB and O-line depth.
                          I would add Josh Downs to the WR list.

And I don't want to spend valuable draft capital moving up in the second round. Players are one thing, but we need picks. I'd still be OK with Campbell at #27.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                            • Apr 2004

We should be getting a 3rd round compensatory pick for Edmunds. Maybe even #65.

I could see them packaging it to move up in the 2nd to get Campbell.

Comment

• Chet
                              Allenhu Joshbar
                              • Feb 2017

Exactly. We need all the o talent we can get because we’re schematically unimaginative and ******ed.

Unless you get another premier pass rusher which we 1) don’t have the money for and 2) don’t draft high enough for, then please don’t waste valuable early round picks on defensive players. This is 2023 NFL and we have Josh Allen. Quickest way to a SB is beefing up o line and adding skill players, not plugging defensive holes that have a negligible consequence anyway

Comment

• notacon
                                • Aug 2012

I would add Josh Downs to the WR list.

And I don't want to spend valuable draft capital moving up in the second round. Players are one thing, but we need picks. I'd still be OK with Campbell at #27.
                                I forgot about Josh Downs. Thanks.

The chances of the Bills reaching for Campbell at #27 are doubtful to very slim. I think it would be a bad reach. I agree that it’s probably not a good idea to move up in round 2. I suspect that the chances on Campbell being there at #59 are greater than the Bills trading up to get him.

If he’s not there at #59 rely on their draft board and take the best player available with leaning to ILB or IOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X