X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Re: Leslie Frasier steps away from coaching for a year

This is still McDermott's defense. I don't see wholesale changes coming. Not the same at all as when Daboll left.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim View Post
      This is still McDermott's defense. I don't see wholesale changes coming. Not the same at all as when Daboll left.
      It might change a bit when we lose Edmunds and Poyer to free agency.

Can White return to form and how about Hyde.

This defense will have a major overhaul JMO.

Not even sure about Oliver yet either.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Turf
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
        Not even sure who the **** 39 was covering.

They should have just held the Wr's at the line for 2 plays, eat 10 secs off the clock and they only gain 10 yards.
        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

McDermott was never a Tampa 2 dc. He was a Jim Johnson disciple. Johnson used a cover 2 shell.

Johnson's philosophy was to limit long gains and make them grind it out. Until they got to the 50. Then he'd start blitzing. Get to the 40...and he was confident in his shell....he'd start blitzing furiously from anywhere and everywhere...constant....the 2 lb's threatening both sides of the center at the line every play...even when they intended to drop into coverage. We used to see that in the beginning here.

In his first dc job...McD embraced it. By the end in Carolina...he seldom blitzed...he clenched into his present passive....he had Kuechly to protect him.

Current Bills d is a passive hybrid of tampa 2 and Johnson shell without aggression...carried as far as it gets by personnel.

McD inserted himself into 13 seconds. He lost his nerve....clenches.

Maybe Frazier was too passive and agreeable. Maybe McD engineered it this way. Maybe Holcomb has influence.

I don't think Frazier comes back here. I don't think McD regains his nerve. Was still an inadequate defense to use against big boys.

Maybe it changes. I wish Frazier well. I'm glad he will not be here. Worst thing will happen is that the defense will crumple in the clutch....again.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Turf View Post
            They should have just held the Wr's at the line for 2 plays, eat 10 secs off the clock and they only gain 10 yards.
            Just one of the biggest **** ups in sports .... just leaves you in disbelief.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mace View Post
            McDermott was never a Tampa 2 dc. He was a Jim Johnson disciple. Johnson used a cover 2 shell.

Johnson's philosophy was to limit long gains and make them grind it out. Until they got to the 50. Then he'd start blitzing. Get to the 40...and he was confident in his shell....he'd start blitzing furiously from anywhere and everywhere...constant....the 2 lb's threatening both sides of the center at the line every play...even when they intended to drop into coverage. We used to see that in the beginning here.

In his first dc job...McD embraced it. By the end in Carolina...he seldom blitzed...he clenched into his present passive....he had Kuechly to protect him.

Current Bills d is a passive hybrid of tampa 2 and Johnson shell without aggression...carried as far as it gets by personnel.

McD inserted himself into 13 seconds. He lost his nerve....clenches.

Maybe Frazier was too passive and agreeable. Maybe McD engineered it this way. Maybe Holcomb has influence.

I don't think Frazier comes back here. I don't think McD regains his nerve. Was still an inadequate defense to use against big boys.

Maybe it changes. I wish Frazier well. I'm glad he will not be here. Worst thing will happen is that the defense will crumple in the clutch....again.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Surprised to say the least. I hope this isn’t health related.

I hope McDermott does a comprehensive search for a new DC and not just an internal hire or whoever last worked for Carolina.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mace
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                Surprised to say the least. I hope this isn’t health related.

I hope McDermott does a comprehensive search for a new DC and not just an internal hire or whoever last worked for Carolina.
                Lovie Smith or Holcomb imho. He's addicted to comfort zone.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

How does he know if he will return in 2024 if he doesn't have a contract in 2024? That part doesn't make sense.

I hope he is OK and wish him well. Figured this was coming when his replacement was hired they just have been figuring out how to go about this in the least damaging way to Frazier. Everyone should get that consideration anyway but only few do.

Comment

• Mace
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                    How does he know if he will return in 2024 if he doesn't have a contract in 2024? That part doesn't make sense.

I hope he is OK and wish him well. Figured this was coming when his replacement was hired they just have been figuring out how to go about this in the least damaging way to Frazier. Everyone should get that consideration anyway but only few do.
                    He didn't say he'd return here...insinuates he'll return to the game. He'll get a job somewhere. Schwartz did the same thing in Philly in january and was working for the titans 3 months later. Graceful exit.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post

This was handled very delicately JMO.

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                        or whoever last worked for Carolina.

Comment

• kgun12
                          • Jul 2002

I just wish this would have happened earlier when sone of the other candidates like Schwartz were still available.
                          Retired Air Traffic Controller
                          USAF VETERAN
                          DAV

Comment

• Mace
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                            I just wish this would have happened earlier when sone of the other candidates like Schwartz were still available.
                            If there is one thing about McD....he's not going past his nervous comfort zone.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                              Rush 3. Double cover Kelce and Hill. That still leaves 4 defenders for the rest. Let Mahomes sit back there with no one to throw to.

Comment

• Woodman
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                                Rush 3. Double cover Kelce and Hill. That still leaves 4 defenders for the rest. Let Mahomes sit back there with no one to throw to.
                                That woulda worked.

Comment

Working...
                                X