• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: What contracts can be restructured, which players could be cut

I would restructure Cookie… he brings it but we need to stretch it out and convert some of that guaranteed into bonus cash

Pink needs his fifth year option exercised.

speaking of excessive. Or lack of it… Mace, cut him… you cannot contribute while sitting effectively. He will be missed in the locker room,

Swiper… cut his ass.

Nottie… too expensive and kinda a diva. Annoying habit of calling every staff member “expert”.

ticat and JLB… buy out candidates.

add years to Saratoga and Kgun12

(though the contract might outlive the latter)

practice squad… JATM and that sukie douche.

that’s a start.

Comment

• sukie
      Seriously?
      • Sep 2012

Lecter is a bust. Dead cap hit blows, however.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
        You would think that soon the cap is going to go up more than just a little bit. All of this new TV money should kick in next year, right?
        One would think so. But then again, with the Amazon deal starting a year early one would think it would have a bigger affect on this year's cap.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          One would think so. But then again, with the Amazon deal starting a year early one would think it would have a bigger affect on this year's cap.
          I meant the Sunday Ticket money. Does that switch this year? I thought Direct TV had it for one more year

Edit: it looks like YouTube starts this year. 14 BILLION dollars. Cap should be 300 million ffs
          Last edited by Forward_Lateral; 03-21-2023, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I meant the Sunday Ticket money. Does that switch this year? I thought Direct TV had it for one more year

Edit: it looks like YouTube starts this year. 14 BILLION dollars. Cap should be 300 million ffs
            Not sure how the Sunday Ticket money works, but my point was with Amazon starting earlier...last season...this year's cap should reflect that completely new revenue stream and it doesn't look like it really has.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Not sure how the Sunday Ticket money works, but my point was with Amazon starting earlier...last season...this year's cap should reflect that completely new revenue stream and it doesn't look like it really has.
              I don’t understand how the players union isn’t making noise about this.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I don’t understand how the players union isn’t making noise about this.
                It must fit in with the formulas in the CBA, I guess.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

It must fit in with the formulas in the CBA, I guess.
                  I wonder if every player gets a cut of the TV revenue outside of their contracts. I doubt this is how it works, but it would make more sense.

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

My understanding is that the Sunday Ticket deal was included in the 2023 cap since the first payment is being made in 2023.

The TV contracts are counted for every year they pay out individually, not the whole contract. The TV deals are graduated with the first year of the new deal worth only marginally more than the last year of an expiring (or continued) deal. As far as I know these details are not public. Just the overall value of the full contract is disclosed.

Most of the increase in the 2023 cap was attributed to the new TV deals starting to take effect. Since the cap is based on percentage of overall revenue (what is included as “revenue” is dictated by the CBA) the only way the cap increases year to year is if overall NFL revenue increases.

The Sunday Ticket deal is an average of $2B per year (not disclosed of the actual annual payments) which is only $500M above the old deal. So, the Youtube deal (if it does in fact pay $500M more in 2023, which is not clear) would only add about $7.5M to each team's cap for 2023, or a little less than one half of the $16.6M increase of the cap from 2022 to 2023.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

I wonder if every player gets a cut of the TV revenue outside of their contracts. I doubt this is how it works, but it would make more sense.
                      Nope. They are already getting a “cut of the TV revenue” and it does not make any sense that they should get even more "outside their contracts”.

Each individual contract of each player is mostly paid for by that TV money. They are already getting TV money...and LOTS of it. TV contracts make up about two thirds of ALL NFL revenue....and the players get around half of that.

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                        I would restructure Cookie… he brings it but we need to stretch it out and convert some of that guaranteed into bonus cash

Pink needs his fifth year option exercised.

speaking of excessive. Or lack of it… Mace, cut him… you cannot contribute while sitting effectively. He will be missed in the locker room,

Swiper… cut his ass.

Nottie… too expensive and kinda a diva. Annoying habit of calling every staff member “expert”.

ticat and JLB… buy out candidates.

add years to Saratoga and Kgun12

(though the contract might outlive the latter)

practice squad… JATM and that sukie douche.

that’s a start.
                        I proviide leadership from the pines and mow the turf. You know the Giants want me. My hometown discount only goes so far....but I suspect the restraining orders will catch up to me.

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                          I proviide leadership from the pines and mow the turf. You know the Giants want me. My hometown discount only goes so far....but I suspect the restraining orders will catch up to me.

download-1.jpg

Leadership a very important quality.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• kgun12
                              • Jul 2002

The Bills still have plenty of contracts they could restructure if they really want someone. I know we have Josh and he will help keep the window open, but! The time is now, go get Wagner, decide between Hopkins and OBJ. This would allow them to go in many directions in the draft. Best available, trade back, or god forbid move up. Oh, if there is any truth to the rumor about Allen figure out a way to get him to. Last, if Oliver isn’t happy trade him for a pick or player. I think Diggs might provide all the drama one team needs this year.
                              Last edited by kgun12; 03-23-2023, 02:30 PM.
                              Retired Air Traffic Controller
                              USAF VETERAN
                              DAV

Comment

• notacon
                                • Aug 2012

That looks like the “top 51” cap space with assumed amounts for the last three signings. Spotrac has got the Bills “top 51” (without the three latest signings of Damien Harris, David Edwards and Quessenberry) of $11.9M.

That is a misleading number because the real cap is for all contracts including the draft coming up, with room required for usual in-season moves.

That estimated number is only $3.49M.

Yes, there is some restructuring that can be done, but may not be very smart....they have already kicked the can down the road and adding more put the Bills in a very disadvantaged position going forward.

Beane has been telling us all along that it is unlikely to be any “splash” FA signings this off season. There is little reason to doubt him.

The dreams of Wagner, Hopkins, OBJ, (Jax) Josh Allen or any other big bucks trade or signing is almost assuredly fantasy land.

Comment

Working...
                                X