Thread: Who’s Next

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,344 Times in 15,479 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Who’s Next

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    The Texans have been busy:

• QB Case Keenum: Signing a two-year, $6.25 million contract that includes $4 million guaranteed. The deal has a max value of $8.25 million with incentives. (Tom Pelissero)
    • WR Noah Brown: Signing a one-year, $2.6 million contract that includes $2.25 million guaranteed and has a max value of $3.1 million with incentives. (Tom Pelissero and Jane Slater)
    • WR Robert Woods: Signed a two-year, $15.25 million deal that includes $10 million fully guaranteed and has a max value of $17 million. (Ian Rapoport)
    • TE Andrew Beck: Signing a two-year, $6.75 million contract that includes $4 million guaranteed. (Ian Rapoport)
    • OG Shaq Mason: Acquired in a trade with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Along with Mason, the Texans are receiving a seventh-round pick from the Bucs in exchange for a sixth-rounder. (Tom Pelissero and Ian Rapoport)
    • C Scott Quessenberry: Re-signed with the Texans. (Team)
    • Edge Chase Winovich: Expected to sign with the Texans. (Ian Rapoport)
    • DL Sheldon Rankins: Signing a one-year, $10.5 million contract. (Mike Garafolo)
    • DL Hassan Ridgeway: Signing a one-year, $3.25 million contract that has a max value of $4 million with incentives. (Tom Pelissero)
    • S M.J. Stewart: Re-signed on a two-year contract with a max value of $7.5 million. The deal includes $1.5 million at signing and $750,000 in annual incentives. (Ian Rapoport)
    • S Jimmie Ward: Expected to sign with the Texans. (Ian Rapoport)
    4-13

2. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (03-17-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

DaBoll has been busy as well!

8-9

4. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (03-17-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Da Bears:

• QB PJ Walker: Agreed to a two-year deal, pending a physical. (Team)
    • RB D'Onta Foreman: Signed a one-year, $3 million contract. (Ian Rapoport)
    • RB Travis Homer: Signed a two-year deal. (Ian Rapoport)
    • FB Khari Blasingame: Signed to a two-year extension. (Team)
    • WR DJ Moore: Acquired in a trade with the Carolina Panthers in exchange for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft. The Bears also received the No. 9 overall pick in 2023, a 2023 second-rounder (No. 61 overall), a 2024 first-rounder and a 2025 second-rounder in the deal. (Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero)
    • TE Robert Tonyan: Signed a deal with the Bears. (Ian Rapoport)
    • OG Nate Davis: Signed a three-year, $30 million deal that includes $19.25 million guaranteed. (Mike Garafolo and Ian Rapoport)
    • Edge DeMarcus Walker: Signed a three-year deal. (Mike Garafolo)
    • DT Andrew Billings: Agreed to a one-year deal for $3.5 million with $2.4 million fully guaranteed. (Ian Rapoport)
    • LB Tremaine Edmunds: Signed a four-year, $72 million contract that includes $50 million guaranteed. (Ian Rapoport)
    • LB T.J. Edwards: Signed a three-year, $19.5 million contract that includes $12 million guaranteed. (Ian Rapoport)
    • LS Patrick Scales: Signed to a one-year extension. (Team)
    7-10

6. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (03-17-2023)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How true.

The less we know about other teams, the greater they are.

I completely understand concerns about our own sqaud. Other teams ( GASP ! ) have issues also. Usually more. Bitter narratives aside.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

8. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (03-17-2023),notacon (03-17-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,622 Times in 6,172 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    4-13
    Old habits!
    FSU WR K. Coleman #33
    Utah DB C. Bishop #60
    Duke DT D. Carter #95
    Kentucky RB R.Davis #128
    Georgia C S.VanPran-Granger #141
    Washington LB Edefuan Ulofoshio #160
    Troy DE J.Solomon #168
    UCF OT T.Grable #204
    Penn ST. CB D.Hardy #219
    England OT T.Clayton #221

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Dolphins:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Patriots:

• RB James Robinson: Signing a two-year deal worth up to $8 million. (Tom Pelissero)
    • WR JuJu Smith-Schuster: Signing a three-year, $25.5 million deal worth up to $33 million with incentives. He receives $16 million guaranteed. (Taylor Bisciotti, Tom Pelissero, Ian Rapoport)
    • TE Mike Gesicki: Agreed to terms on a one-year deal worth up to $9 million. (Mike Garafolo and Tom Pelissero)
    • OG James Ferentz: Re-signed to a one-year deal that includes $200,000 guaranteed. (Tom Pelissero)
    • OT Calvin Anderson: Signed a two-year deal. (Mike Garafolo)
    • OT Riley Reiff: Signing a one-year, $5 million deal. (Tom Pelissero)
    • DT Daniel Ekuale: Re-signing with the Patriots. (Tom Pelissero)
    • LB Raekwon McMillan: Re-signing on a one-year, $1.6 million contract worth up to $2.2 million with incentives. (Tom Pelissero)
    • LB Mack Wilson: Re-signing on a one-year deal worth up to $2.2 million. (Tom Pelissero)
    • CB Jonathan Jones: Re-signing on a two-year, $20 million deal with $13 million guaranteed. (Ian Rapoport)
    • S Jabrill Peppers: Re-signing on a two-year, $9 million deal worth up to $11 million with incentives. (Tom Pelissero)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Raiders:

• QB Jimmy Garoppolo: Signing a three-year, $72.75 million deal that includes $24.25 million in Year 1. (Mike Garafolo, Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero)
    • RB Ameer Abdullah: Re-signed to a one-year, $1.75 million contract that includes $500,000 guaranteed. (Tom Pelissero)
    • RB Josh Jacobs: Received the non-exclusive franchise tag.
    • FB Jakob Johnson: Re-signing on a one-year, $1.625 million contract that includes $275,000 guaranteed. (Tom Pelissero)
    • WR Phillip Dorsett: Signed with the Raiders. (Team)
    • WR Jakobi Meyers: Signed a three-year, $33 million deal with $21 million guaranteed (per Ian Rapoport). Meyers will earn $11 million in Year 1 and will receive a $5.5 million roster bonus (which is guaranteed for injury and skill at signing) if he's on the team on the third day of the 2024 league year. On that same day, his $5 million base salary for the 2024 season becomes fully guaranteed (per Tom Pelissero).
    • OT Brandon Parker: Re-signing on a one-year, $1.5 million contract that has a max value of $4 million. (Tom Pelissero)
    • DL Jerry Tillery: Re-signing with the Raiders. (Ian Rapoport)
    • LB Robert Spillane: Signed a two-year, $7 million contract that includes $4.2 million guaranteed. (Tom Pelissero)
    • CB Brandon Facyson: Signed a two-year, $6.5 million with $700,000 guaranteed. (Tom Pelissero)
    • S Marcus Epps: Signed a two-year, $12 million deal that includes nearly $8 million guaranteed. (Mike Garafolo, Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I would have liked to add Mike Gesicki but not at that price!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

14. Post thanked by:

notacon (03-17-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    I would have liked to add Mike Gesicki but not at that price!
    Really liked him myself but damn did he get paid!

9 million for 1yr.

16. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (03-17-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,720 Times in 7,773 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    I'd be surprised if there is anymore signings.
    There are going to be a more FA signings. But no big splashes and mostly for depth and bodies for training camp.

The Bills are in ‘wait and see what comes up’ mode. Bargain basement shopping.

18. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (03-18-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Texans:
    4-13
    You could be right. Although I’ll give them 6 wins. They were hitting their stride at the end of last season.

Giants:
    8-9
    I believe you are WAY off on this one. I will not be surprised if the Giants threaten Philly for the NFCE crown. Them going backwards in 2023 is not going to happen. I think 10 wins at least....eleven or twelve are not out of question. Dallas is the team that goes backwards next year.

Bears:
    7-10
    I believe you are off with this too. I suspect the Bears will be one of the most improved teams in 2023. They have greatly improved their defense, and Fields is poised for a huge year. They have draft picks galore to add to their weapons and DJ Moore is the best WR they’ve had in Chicago for years.

Quick.....without searching.....name a Bears WR that is memorable in their history.

Answer: there are none.

10 win season will be no surprise.

Who knows, you could be 100% spot on!! This is why NFL is so much fun to watch.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Cornerback Dane Jackson is officially back with the Bills for the 2023 season.
    The Bills tendered Jackson as a restricted free agent earlier this week and General Manager Brandon Beane indicated on Thursday that the two sides were working on a contract that would lower Jackson’s cap hit from the one he would carry by playing out the year on the $2.627 million tender.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not that I want him, but I’m seeing a lot of articles linking the Bills to Z. Elliott. One article said it was a lock! I’m not posting any links because I’m hoping it all false, I’d rather use a later round draft pick on a short yardage back.
    Maybe I should post him as a wishlist player? Everyone I’ve wanted signed somewhere else, lol!

23. Post thanked by:

notacon (03-18-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Not that I want him, but I’m seeing a lot of articles linking the Bills to Z. Elliott. One article said it was a lock! I’m not posting any links because I’m hoping it all false, I’d rather use a later round draft pick on a short yardage back.
    Maybe I should post him as a wishlist player? Everyone I’ve wanted signed somewhere else, lol!
    Agree lets post we want him that it's very critical.

Hell we better sign Zeke asap!!!!

25. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (03-18-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I’m agnostic when it comes to rumors about Elliot to Buffalo. I suspect it’s the result of the recognition of the need for a RB that can unlock even more of Allen’s potential while avoiding him having to put his body on the line because the Bills do not have a true running threat for either the tough short yardage situation, or a breakaway threat.

Today, Josh Allen fulfills those roles. Not a good place to be.

The only way a player like Elliot could be signed is if he took an embarrassing low offer. I doubt that is in the cards.

The Bills have taken care of three of their biggest weaknesses, which is what you want to do in FA. Relying on the draft is too much of a crap shoot, especially with a low draft position.

LG hole is plugged. S hole is plugged with the unexpected humbling of Poyer. McKenzie’s replacement is plugged and (hopefully) upgraded, which also provides the Bills to use Hines more in the backfield (if the return duties go to Harty) and as a slot receiver (at least I hope they use him in the slot from time to time).

Gaping hole at MLB opened up, and WR is still a question mark. Although at WR Diggs, Davis, Shakir & Harty is not a bad base. It would be no surprise if Shakir has an outbreak year in the slot. Davis is still a viable WR2, but he has to work on those dropped balls.

I’m surprised they have not re-signed AJ Klein yet. Dodson was a given. Neither are even close to being able to replace Edmunds, but, then again there are not that many LB’s in the NFL that can (yes, I understand your opinion on Edmunds, and you know mine which is shared by the whole NFL....this is not meant to start a pointless argument).

The remaining FA window (and that window extends until the start of the regular season) will give the Bills opportunities to fill in with depth and competition for MLB. Although the way forward seems the be to do the best with what they have, hope that Bernard and even Baylon Spector can step up....draft a LB in the first three rounds, and develop him.

WR and RB seem to be in the same situation. The draft will depend on who exactly is available when #27 comes up, and it’s looking more and more like the Bills may trade back since WR, LB and RB appear to be thin on top level talent, but deep in lower tiers that have the capability of contributing relatively quickly.

Big bucks FA signings are a fantasy, and despite the negativity here, the Bills STILL have an impressive roster that can and will compete for a title.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

vet minimum is probably his best shot.

7 years ..... would he retire?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Buffalo Bills have expressed interest in RT Brandon Shell, per report - Buffalo Rumblings

While just a reported interest at this point, bringing in Shell would represent a solid move by Buffalo to provide competition for Brown, with the potential for an increase in the quality of play along the Bills’ right side of the o-line.
    There was no indication of what it might take to bring Shell to Buffalo through free agency.

29. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (03-18-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep