Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ezekiel Elliott will be released

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ezekiel Elliott will be released

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    I’m going to defer to you on this, I’m going to admit I’m not smart enough to get into the heads of the Bills receivers. I will also say when Allen was healthy (before the Jets game) the receivers didn’t seem to have any problems with Josh. I will argue that Josh wasn’t healthy after the Jets game for the rest of the season. I’m not sure how his elbow could have healed without sitting out some games. Can you tell me how an injury heals without rest especially an injury to the elbow on his throwing arm?
    It gets a lot less reps over the course of the week. The body can heal and needs use and stretching along the way of rest. They try and manage all that the best they can and they have a lot of control over the limitations as they prepare.

It didn't look like it got to where he was at the start of the season but it did get better ... or they were medicating him more when the bigger games came up.

From what I saw they were trying to work through all of that together and played some pretty smart games they were able to win. The receivers did not look good in these games....perhaps they altered the routes in some way?

I don't know either. It is all speculation and I might be reading evidence differently but the evidence is there.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,572 Times in 6,131 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Report- Ezekiel Elliott deciding between Jets, Bengals, and Eagles - ProFootballTalk

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Elliott is deciding between the Bengals, Jets, and Eagles and wants to choose a team by the end of next week.
    The Cowboys released Elliott earlier this month rather than paying him a $10.9 million base salary for 2023 with a cap number of $16.72 million.
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Report- Ezekiel Elliott deciding between Jets, Bengals, and Eagles - ProFootballTalk

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Elliott is deciding between the Bengals, Jets, and Eagles and wants to choose a team by the end of next week.
    The Cowboys released Elliott earlier this month rather than paying him a $10.9 million base salary for 2023 with a cap number of $16.72 million.
    And yet, according to Spotrac the Bills and Jets have the same cap space left and they don’t even have a quarterback.

But the Jets keep adding players and we sit back and watch.
    Last edited by kgun12; 03-23-2023 at 05:39 PM.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And yet, according to Spotrac the Bills and Jets have the same cap space left and they don’t even have a quarterback.

But the Jets keep adding players and we sit back and watch.
    We all want Wagner!!!!

I wish we could find the way to accomplish that.

5. Post thanked by:

Bill Cody (03-24-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We all want Wagner!!!!

If Oliver is going to be an issue, trade him and use his money to sign Wagner. The problem is if he is just going to shut up and play, he’s going to play hard for the new contract.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Zac Taylor on Ezekiel Elliott- "We like our team as where it's at right now" - ProFootballTalk

Read the article. Adam Schefter never says the Bengals, Jets, or Eagles are actually interested in Elliott. But it’s clearly implied that Zeke isn’t barking up an empty tree in any of the three cities.
    To summarize, Elliott has narrowed his options to the Bengals, Jets, and Eagles. Taylor’s comments would seem to be a no. Per multiple league sources, the Jets and Eagles aren’t currently interested, either.
    So if Elliott wants to play in 2023, he may have to expand his options — or reduce his expectations enough to get one of those teams interested.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If Oliver is going to be an issue, trade him and use his money to sign Wagner. The problem is if he is just going to shut up and play, he’s going to play hard for the new contract.
    Some guys just don't know when to just stfu.

Nobody here needs to kiss his ass.

9. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (03-24-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,696 Times in 7,756 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We all want Wagner!!!!

No, we “all” don’t. And I suspect the Bills don’t necessarily want him either.

If the Bills wanted him, they would have already signed him. In fact, if ANY team really wanted him, they would have already signed him.

If sometime before the season starts, Beane decides to add Wagner the team, I would be ok with that. But, I don’t think they will because it would be a waste of limited resources.

Yes, there is a big hole at MLB when the Bears signed one of the best LB’s in the NFL and made him the highest paid IOL in the history of the NFL, but that is no reason to panic and ignore the elephant in the Bills locker room....the GLARING need for as many dynamic offensive skill weapons they can get their hands on.

If that means to mortgage the future to some extent by kicking the cap issues down the road with restructuring more contracts, that should be done for a big time WR like Hopkins or OBJ, NOT an aging LB.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

if we are looking at old dallas running backs, tony dorsett or emmitt smith would be about as effective as zeke at this point.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

12. Post thanked by:

notacon (03-24-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    No, we “all” don’t. And I suspect the Bills don’t necessarily want him either.

If the Bills wanted him, they would have already signed him. In fact, if ANY team really wanted him, they would have already signed him.

If sometime before the season starts, Beane decides to add Wagner the team, I would be ok with that. But, I don’t think they will because it would be a waste of limited resources.

Yes, there is a big hole at MLB when the Bears signed one of the best LB’s in the NFL and made him the highest paid IOL in the history of the NFL, but that is no reason to panic and ignore the elephant in the Bills locker room....the GLARING need for as many dynamic offensive skill weapons they can get their hands on.

If that means to mortgage the future to some extent by kicking the cap issues down the road with restructuring more contracts, that should be done for a big time WR like Hopkins or OBJ, NOT an aging LB.
    FWIW I believe he would be a key signing ..... I'd call it huge.

I agree it does seem odd that if our front office felt anywhere near the same ..... he would not still be available.
    Last edited by Woodman; 03-24-2023 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Zac Taylor on Ezekiel Elliott- "We like our team as where it's at right now" - ProFootballTalk

Read the article. Adam Schefter never says the Bengals, Jets, or Eagles are actually interested in Elliott. But it’s clearly implied that Zeke isn’t barking up an empty tree in any of the three cities.
    To summarize, Elliott has narrowed his options to the Bengals, Jets, and Eagles. Taylor’s comments would seem to be a no. Per multiple league sources, the Jets and Eagles aren’t currently interested, either.
    So if Elliott wants to play in 2023, he may have to expand his options — or reduce his expectations enough to get one of those teams interested.
    As far as Zeke goes there doesn't appear to be much interest!