• Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Ezekiel Elliott will be released

Ian .... GMFB

Dammit wrong forum.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Ezekiel Elliott will be released

Pollard just the better option by a ton.

So any interest in the old RB?

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

No thanks!

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        No thanks!
        Not much left if anything on those tires.

Comment

• kgun12
          • Jul 2002

Hard pass!
          Retired Air Traffic Controller
          USAF VETERAN
          DAV

Comment

• notacon
            • Aug 2012

Elliot sucks as compared to Pollard.

He’s pretty much washed up. He’s looked average to below average the past three seasons.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Elliott is SO washed up.

Comment

• Billseye
                • Nov 2017

Actually think this may happen. I’m talking myself into the idea.

Jamaal Williams got 4 mil a year. How much can Zeke really ask for? I would assume it has to be less.

He still a good short yardage guy, right? He would save Josh and our small starting RB from some wear and tear. Why not bring him in for 3mil/year and let him do the dirty short yardage stuff so Allen/Cook don’t have to? He doesn’t have to break off 50 yard plays anymore, we have Cook for the explosive stuff.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

There has been some speculation that Buffalo could be a landing spot for Elliot. It's clear his best days are behind him as most observe that is seems to have lost his burst. I would rather Buffalo look for other options.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Well here is the thing -- or at least my theory.

Allen goes off rogue far too often. A lot of the stuff we ***** about is Josh Allen doing whatever the **** he wants.

They want to address the run issue by putting someone with a bigger presence back there with him as a runner. Elliot might fit that bill especially if he works a favorable contract that puts him on the squad. And I mean presence in Allen's mind the fact that Elliot's better days are behind him isn't necessarily a strike against him in that area.

So I don't know about this one it comes down to numbers and where Elliot is mentally about how he's going to contribute here.

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                      Well here is the thing -- or at least my theory.

Allen goes off rogue far too often. A lot of the stuff we ***** about is Josh Allen doing whatever the **** he wants.

They want to address the run issue by putting someone with a bigger presence back there with him as a runner. Elliot might fit that bill especially if he works a favorable contract that puts him on the squad. And I mean presence in Allen's mind the fact that Elliot's better days are behind him isn't necessarily a strike against him in that area.

So I don't know about this one it comes down to numbers and where Elliot is mentally about how he's going to contribute here.
                      I don’t agree at all with your assessment of Allen. I think they took Diggs away and last year the other receivers were lazy, ran poor routes and the line wasn’t great. As a quarterback you can stand back there and wait for someone to drift open, get sacked, or run for your life. Allen chose number 3!

I agree especially in your short yardage take, but they have to call a running play that doesn’t include Allen doing a quarterback sneak, having him running up the middle or him running off tackle sweep. That’s not Allen’s call, these are all designed calls from the OC. I can’t just say Dorsey, because Dabol called the same plays.

Were there times Allen tried to put the offense on his shoulders, yes but it was because of poor execution or called by the coaches.
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                        I don’t agree at all with your assessment of Allen. I think they took Diggs away and last year the other receivers were lazy, ran poor routes and the line wasn’t great. As a quarterback you can stand back there and wait for someone to drift open, get sacked, or run for your life. Allen chose number 3!

I agree especially in your short yardage take, but they have to call a running play that doesn’t include Allen doing a quarterback sneak, having him running up the middle or him running off tackle sweep. That’s not Allen’s call, these are all designed calls from the OC. I can’t just say Dorsey, because Dabol called the same plays.

Were there times Allen tried to put the offense on his shoulders, yes but it was because of poor execution or called by the coaches.
                        Our receivers took Diggs away by being goofy and ineffective you are right about that.

Not convinced they are happy with all the decisions Allen is making on the field when he is healthy. He seems to actually play smarter football when he's hurt and limited sometimes that has been emerging but he quickly steps into his own box when he feels better. If you get Uber Allen that day you are all set but a lot of times living on that edge just gets you falling off the ledge.

Comment

• kgun12
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                          Our receivers took Diggs away by being goofy and ineffective you are right about that.

Not convinced they are happy with all the decisions Allen is making on the field when he is healthy. He seems to actually play smarter football when he's hurt and limited sometimes that has been emerging but he quickly steps into his own box when he feels better. If you get Uber Allen that day you are all set but a lot of times living on that edge just gets you falling off the ledge.
                          I’m going to defer to you on this, I’m going to admit I’m not smart enough to get into the heads of the Bills receivers. I will also say when Allen was healthy (before the Jets game) the receivers didn’t seem to have any problems with Josh. I will argue that Josh wasn’t healthy after the Jets game for the rest of the season. I’m not sure how his elbow could have healed without sitting out some games. Can you tell me how an injury heals without rest especially an injury to the elbow on his throwing arm?
                          USAF VETERAN
                          DAV

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                            We play to win the game!
                            • Oct 2009

He'd help on tough yard plays. short yards, Goal line. Cook as main back

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

I'm not so sure Elliot is the power back that some people think he is. If the oline doesn't give him a hole, he's going to get stuffed just as easily as Singletary and Moss would.

Pass.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X